Best matches to watch/rewatch

Remove this Banner Ad

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I only got into footy a year or so ago. I have a Kayo membership and without a new footy season, I’m keen to watch some of our great matches from the past. I know the 2016 finals series is a must, especially against GWS - any other suggestions?

Obviously all four finals in 2016 is a must.

Picks of 2019:
Round 2 v Hawthorn
Round 7 v Richmond
Round 15 v Port
Round 16 v Geelong
Round 21 v Essendon
Round 22 v GWS
Round 23 v Adelaide

Picks of 2018:
Round 3 v Essendon
Round 15 v Geelong
Round 21 v North

Picks of 2017:
Round 1 v Collingwood
Round 2 v Sydney
Round 7 v Richmond
Round 19 v Essendon

1924 was a good year, but if you can get your hands on any of the 1919-1920 games, we were a well-oiled machine. Was a great era - 6 consecutive (grand) finals, flags in 19, 20, 23 and 24, minor premiers in 21 and 22, and we only lost in 22 by 2 points (with 3 more scoring shots). I snuck into 2 of those finals with my mate and we were disguised as a police horse - copper rode us all day and never realised!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The game vs Collingwood at the MCG, round 17, 1990. We held decent leads at each break, then Collingwood came back at us during the last quarter and nearly pinched it.
I'm not sure who uploaded this clip to YouTube but halfway through there are highlights of a boxing match featuring Jeff Harding. You can also see Lisa Curry with her frizzed hair and shoulder pads of the era. But of course it's Kolyniuk's late goal along with Bruce McAvaney's commentary which is the highlight.

The Swans one was brill. That was one of the first indications that we were on track for The Big One. Credit to all the Whipping Boys who played that day too. :p A nice reminder to give credit to every guy who pulls on the jumper and does their best for our club. :rainbow:

The game vs Collingwood at the MCG, round 17, 1990. We held decent leads at each break, then Collingwood came back at us during the last quarter and nearly pinched it.
I'm not sure who uploaded this clip to YouTube but halfway through there are highlights of a boxing match featuring Jeff Harding. You can also see Lisa Curry with her frizzed hair and shoulder pads of the era. But of course it's Kolyniuk's late goal along with Bruce McAvaney's commentary which is the highlight.

One of me favourite football memories being at the G that day with my old man and watching Kolyniuk's goal. Right up there with watching EJ do a lap of honour with his son before the big v game v SA.

A couple of personal favourites for me are :
.2006 Round 20 v Adelaide at the MCG
. Both games against Geelong in 2009, one we lost and one we won both excellent games
. Round 1 2006 v Richmond, if you want to see the Bulldogs hand out a hiding
. Round 13 2006 v West Coast, we hadn’t beaten them over there for a long time
. The 2006 final against Collingwood, beautiful sunny day, Pies are the favourites and the dogs came out fighting
. Round 7 2005 v Brisbane at the Gabba and again round 20 at Marvel
. Round 10 2008 v Hawks (whatever you do don’t watch our game against Geelong at GMHBA that year, my hate for the Cats stem from that game, worst supporters).

A couple of personal favourites for me are :
.2006 Round 20 v Adelaide at the MCG
. Both games against Geelong in 2009, one we lost and one we won both excellent games
. Round 1 2006 v Richmond, if you want to see the Bulldogs hand out a hiding
. Round 13 2006 v West Coast, we hadn’t beaten them over there for a long time
. The 2006 final against Collingwood, beautiful sunny day, Pies are the favourites and the dogs came out fighting
. Round 7 2005 v Brisbane at the Gabba and again round 20 at Marvel
. Round 10 2008 v Hawks (whatever you do don’t watch our game against Geelong at GMHBA that year, my hate for the Cats stem from that game, worst supporters).
Good calls. I have them all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back