Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s interesting re hard to buy a freezer..
Didnt know that
try ringing Good Guys or Harvey Normans...3-4 month wait!
In that artical it says it was chloroquine phosphate.
Which is different and highly toxic.
They didn't even have corona either just worried🤪
The chloroquine or chloroquine phosphate are the same and has been around since WW2 and has more side effects..is related to Quinine in tonic water.
Hydroxychloroquine, the more recent and less toxic version, is an appealing option for less side effects.
There have been recent shortages of these drugs, which are important medications for people with Lupus and those with Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Hydroxychloroquine also known as Plaquenil and Chloroquine, formerly known as Aralen, are very similar.

So why is Gil trying to hit the players with a 70-80% pay cut when all reports indicate the big man himself is only looking at a 20% cut? Surely he’d have more leverage in negotiations if he took a 70-80% hit to the hip pocket as well?

Exactly my thoughts. Not exactly leading the way, is it?

Exactly what should have happened - ditto with all these other cruise ships which have been largely responsible for spiking the corona numbers in the country. The WA premier seems to be handling this crisis well. Can't be afraid of stepping on toes.

Exactly what should have happened - ditto with all these other cruise ships which have been largely responsible for spiking the corona numbers in the country. The WA premier seems to be handling this crisis well. Can't be afraid of stepping on toes.
Cruise ships are the ultimate disease spreading environments.
A closed system, as many as 8000 people in a tiny space for weeks on end, 15000+ meals a day being prepared in one or two huge kitchens etc. Look at previous things such as salmonella outbreaks or the norovirus. According to the CDC, there were 12 major outbreaks of norovirus on cruise ships in 2015 and over 20 in 2016.
And effectively, once you are on a cruise ship, there is literally no escape.

So was happy to see numbers down across the board today ( NSW may have another update however) until I saw this

6000 less tests conducted than yesterday.

Maybe less tests needed as the borders are now shut and those people are self-isolating now?
Well that's my hope anyway...

So was happy to see numbers down across the board today ( NSW may have another update however) until I saw this

6000 less tests conducted than yesterday.

Kinda shows that case numbers on there own are almost irrelevant and provide little insight into the situation. Numbers of severe cases and % of positive tests would be helpful numbers as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGowan thanks us for our cooperation after he and the police Minister sprung a booze ban on the entire state. What an absolute flog. I could understand if this was to preserve stocks but its not, this is because we can't be trusted not to guzzle ourselves into oblivion and for the 98% of us non alcoholics we'll just be forced to go to the shops more.
It's a good thing . Just getting on the front foot and stopping the hoarders .
The government has learned from the TP fiasco .
I have been improving on my whisky collection over the last month using it as an excuse to the missus .

The hoarders are just buying the cheap s**t so doesn't bother me

Case(s) in point, the guy who bought 2700 cans of Export last night. The hoarders would absolutely come for alcohol - they've bought Coles and Woolies out of bottled water, the *******s.

The sad thing is that we will hit double digits tomorrow, triple digits probably sometime next week, and when it all ends will be in the four digits at least.

I know we hate it, but let's do a New Zealand before it's too late.

Honestly what has the Cruise ship industry given us apart from 1997 hit banger " My heart will go on" by Celine Dion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back