Why isn't Australia in lockdown?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

You can't have a lower infection rate and your latte too.

From where I'm sitting over in mainland Europe amid a total lockdown, it seems absurd that Australia's prime minister is still fudging his way through the safe numbers of people to have at a gathering, which shops should stay open, and when people should go out or stay home.

Here are the real answers:
- The safe number of people is 1. That number should only be increased if it's unavoidable e.g. you live together, or there is a carer relationship.
- The shops that need to stay open are the ones that people depend on for food and hygiene.
- People should go out as little as they possibly can.

I know there are a few mavericks on this forum who think they know better than the many nations who have decided lockdown is necessary, but our government knows better than that. They know lockdown is inevitable, so why the delay? To reduce the sense of panic? To keep the economy turning over for as long as possible while the dollar is weak?

Because the 98% or more of people who will definately survive the virus depend on the economy that will be ruined by a full lockdown. You cant fix both. It sucks huh?
I understand the cynicism, but the longer a lockdown is resisted, the longer the lockdown will be necessary for. There must be some advantage our government sees in staying above water now. It will take a month or more for the first wave to stop, and after that the question of how to proceed is complicated because the virus won’t be eradicated until people are vaccinated. But for now there is only one solution: stay home.

The AFL pushing ahead with a pointless, soul-less round 1 to collect the TV revenue was like an allegory for the whole country.

I know there are a few mavericks on this forum who think they know better than the many nations who have decided lockdown is necessary, but our government knows better than that. They know lockdown is inevitable, so why the delay? To reduce the sense of panic? To keep the economy turning over for as long as possible while the dollar is weak?

If you ask the Government, they would say that the medical advice doesn't warrant a lockdown.

Realistically that's the only answer there is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back