Autopsy Round 1, 2020: Hawks defeat the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

As for Fox Footy's live recall this round (which is a great idea), they have chosen the 2010 elimination final where Freo beat us. Not the more recent 2013 GF or the 2014 Prelim. What assholes.
Freo fans had to watch their team lose to the scum by a kick last week. Let 'em have this one I say. We can belt them in a couple months.

We really saw the value of Tom Mitchell to Hawthorn against the Lions ... Plus the other factor with him is that when he has the ball - which is a lot - the other team doesn't so it means we are controlling the game for longer when he is out there.

This is such an important point that we so often overlook in terms of Tom's influence on the game.

lethal03

Club Legend
Feb 27, 2007
The Far Side
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos
As for Fox Footy's live recall this round (which is a great idea), they have chosen the 2010 elimination final where Freo beat us. Not the more recent 2013 GF or the 2014 Prelim. What assholes.

Great autopsy Roge. Thanks for the reminder gonna watch 2014 prelim now, from memory Docs best game or the club.

Yeah he kicked a terrific goal on the run from memory. And Smith had a run in with a Freo fan who tried to take a swing I think ...?
His goal was a miraculous snap from the right pocket 45 out.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
It was the 2015 preliminary where we beat Freo over there - the "oooh Sheridan" game.

Doc kicked a magic goal from the pocket in front of their fans, and in front of that annoying forward pocket of theirs.

Ewww our kicking for goal that day 😷.

I even remember Hodge missing one from about 15 out just before half time.
I recall Sandilands ran one of our midfielders down while they were trying to weave through traffic in the middle. Terrible day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lickmesocks

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I recall Sandilands ran one of our midfielders down while they were trying to weave through traffic in the middle. Terrible day.

I recall they had a highly rated youngster that had horrendous injuries bouncing it from centre wing and kicking a goal as well. The name escapes me but he was going to be a jet had he got some luck with his body.

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Interesting Sammy just said on Fox Footy that he's been real impressed with Ollie and Morrison this pre season and thinks they're ready to take the next step. Seems like a hyberpole type statement maybe but I will take his word for it.

Zack

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Same with me, I feel that he would play the small forward role once he returns.

Can't see it for two reasons.

Burgs is up there, doing that role, Impey is badly needed down back as a small and as a line breaker, we don't really have any other maybe Frost. Sicily is a kicker with sublime skills to hit targets but he's not really a burst the game open with pace type guy even though he is very good at shrugging a tackle to give himself time to complete that kick... but who knows he would be a major upgrade on a fading Pop at this point of time so perhaps you are right. I'd prefer Gunston to gravitate back to the forwardline though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back