Coronavirus/COVID-19

Remove this Banner Ad

His White House advisers must quake in their boots every time he gives a press conference.

Every time they'd be thinking: "What mis-statements, untruths and rash promises are we going to have to quietly 'clarify' with the press later on today?"
Funnily enough, a recent study showed majority of people trusted Trump more than the media. And after months of complaining about Trump not involved in the daily briefings, now they don't even bother running the full presser live some days..

Don’t tell me you are on the Chloroquine bandwagon MD? FMD

No I just choose to not live in the depths of despair and think worst case scenario or continue to peddle fear because it suits my agenda.

I run my own business that was flying, gone from 2 employees to 10 in 8 months and I have two 70Ish year old parents who are both not in great health so I’m not immune to this thing.

Some of the utter made up crap I’ve read in here comparing us to Italy is so far from the mark no one can actually believe it so why are they saying it? The same reason the media is. To feel relevant and stroke egos and all it does is scare people more and more and I for one won’t live In fear

Brisdog sitrep boys: still stuck overseas. I am on good health but am growing increasingly despondent at our current government.

Ol’ ScoMo was telling us a month ago to go to the footy - ‘Go Sharkies’. Well how about you go and get f**ked as DFAT has not arranged jack s**t for me and when/if I get home instead of going to my daughters birthday I spend 2 weeks in a hotel room.

The horse has bolted ScoMo - you f**ked it. Keeping a few hundred honest tax payers (I’m not one of those dickheads in Bali) away from their kids is just PR bullshit.

When did u go to Bali?

When did u go to Bali?
I didn’t mate. I am not in Bali. I was making the point that I am not one of the several thousand Aussie dickheads who are currently in Bali and don’t have the sense to self-isolate when they get back. That is the Government’s concern.

I am a 40 year old professional who cannot get home to Australia due to airlines pulling the pin. When I do I have the self discipline to stay at home and do the right thing. 2 weeks in a hotel will send me to the sanitarium.

I didn’t mate. I am not in Bali. I was making the point that I am not one of the several thousand Aussie dickheads who are currently in Bali and don’t have the sense to self-isolate when they get back. That is the Government’s concern.

I am a 40 year old professional who cannot get home to Australia due to airlines pulling the pin. When I do I have the self discipline to stay at home and do the right thing. 2 weeks in a hotel will send me to the sanitarium.

Ahhhh Bali

The bogan holiday that makes plebs feel rich

Couldn’t drag me to that hole ever

I'm all in favour of bringing in the military and shooting tear gas into any unnecessary gathering such as parks and beaches. Rubber bullets and any nonlethal force I'd be fine with.
Completely agree. These ‘Insta’ Gen XY or whatever the f*ck they are wouldn’t know an angry face unless it was an emoji.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

data is from an app but interesting nonetheless

1585358661438.png

If assume we can extrapolate this data from app users to all inhabitants then we've reduced our mobilty by over 80% since all this kicked off, which is a pretty good sign.

Last week (Mon to Sun) we roughly halved our mobility. We halved it again from Sunday to Thursday. By the time data comes in for the end of this week we might be down to 10%. Trending in the right direction.

We should be starting to see the effects of this reduced mobility in the infection rate by middle of next week hopefully.

New York
Tests : 138,376
Positives : 45,934

33% o_O
NY ‘may’ scrape through in terms of balancing cases and available care (I hope so anyway). The governor here has been impressive in taking over and acting relatively quickly. LA is now fast catching up but also appears to have a good state governor.

The issues to come may be Louisiana (MardiGras effect), Florida (Spring Break effect) and other southern states like Mississippi and Alabama where governors are overriding local mayors and still relaxing social measures. These states generally have higher age profile and lower medical care. Hopefully the defence production act finally being triggered may help get them some equipment but these are potentially the states to watch and worry about.

Funnily enough, a recent study showed majority of people trusted Trump more than the media. And after months of complaining about Trump not involved in the daily briefings, now they don't even bother running the full presser live some days..
I also heard his approval ratings have gone up.

I also heard his approval ratings have gone up.

It's the "folks are dumb where I come from" hick brigade who like him - and his rhetoric has been aimed at them the whole time. They aren't in busy cities like NY where they took action too late...

It's the "folks are dumb where I come from" hick brigade who like him - and his rhetoric has been aimed at them the whole time. They aren't in busy cities like NY where they took action too late...

And that’s why he will win the next election because he knows who to target

LA and NY don’t like him(apart from their things) because that is where the money is and under the Democrats they knew they were completely safe from having to pay appreciate taxes and could pretty much do whatever they wanted. You can’t judge a nation by who the rich and famous stand behind especially in the Is where it’s more of a what can they do for me society than a socially aware democracy.

Regardless what people think or say Trump is no fool. He picked an Audience he knew he could win with and has continually stuck with them and had them behind him, in fact his numbers are growing so he has proven that in the most arrogant country on earth of you concentrate on that an that alone the people will back you.

I actually get great enjoyment out of him and how much he triggers people and then how little he cares. Politicians to a person are f$cking useless at least he is entertaining. For more evidence look at the woman trying to beat Boris in England. God help us all if Buford like that get into power

I can't get enjoyment from anyone who has the power to make positive changes to the world (or even just his own country) but only cares about money. That's the only thing he understands and his actions and words throughout this crises prove that. The emperor in his new clothes. "There's nothing to worry a about" - crap. "We have done the most testing in the world" - fudging figures. "We must be back up and running by Easter" - pressuring everyone but himself. But you're right, the hoedowners love it.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

I can't get enjoyment from anyone who has the power to make positive changes to the world (or even just his own country) but only cares about money. That's the only thing he understands and his actions and words throughout this crises prove that. The emperor in his new clothes. "There's nothing to worry a about" - crap. "We have done the most testing in the world" - fudging figures. "We must be back up and running by Easter" - pressuring everyone but himself. But you're right, the hoedowners love it.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Name a politician that has made decisions to change the world OVER financial decisions?

They are all out for themselves

You can’t Seriously think we will be locked up for 8 months?
This is a good question. It depends of course what you mean by locked up. I presume you mean some sort of lockdown ... but there are different levels being suggested.

Most people (medicos, commentators, politicians, CMOs, ScoMo) are saying "don't think this is something we can do for only a few weeks, it's going to be months - probably 6 months, maybe more".

There is however a small band of medical experts (Prof Raina McIntyre et al) who think we should lock down REALLY hard but then gradually ease off after 4-8 weeks. Since we are not locking down that hard I guess that means we've already opted for the 6 months plus version.

If you're interested I'll see if I can find the article about the two different views.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back