For Wilco I'd go;

1. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
2. Sky Blue Sky
3. Being There
4. Mermaid Avenue (Bragg/Guthrie)
5. A Ghost is Born
6. The Whole Love
7. Summerteeth
big gap to the rest (which are solid but hardly memorable). No. 5-7 could be in any order, but happy with that for now.
1. YHF
2. SBS
3. Being There
4. Ode to Joy
5. Mermaid Avenue
6. The Whole Love
7. AGIB
8. Summerteeth
9. S/T
10. AM
11. Star Wars
12. Schmilco

Last edited:

Been on one of those occasional David Bowie benders this past fortnight. Such an incredible album artist, here are my 10 most preferred:

1. Low (9.5/10)
2. Hunky Dory (9.5)
3. "Heroes" (9)
4. Station to Station (9)
5. Lodger (8.5)
6. Scary Monsters (8.5)
7. Aladdin Sane (8)
8. Blackstar (7.5)
9. Outside (7.5)
10. Ziggy Stardust (7.5)

#4, 7, 8 & 9 have been getting absolutely hammered by me these past weeks, so could rise.

Deafheaven:
Sunbather (9.5)
New Bermuda (8.5)
Roads to Judah (8)
Ordinary Corrupt Human Love (7.5)

Radiohead:
In Rainbows (10)
OK Computer (10)
The Bends (9)
A Moon Shaped Pool (8.5)
Kid A (8.5)
Amnesiac (7)
HTTT (7)
King of Limbs (5.5)
Pablo Honey (5)

Pearl Jam:

1. Vs.
2. Yield
3. Ten
4. Avocado
5. Riot Act
6. Gigaton
7. No Code
8. Binaural
9. Vitalogy
10. Backspacer
11. Lightning Bolt

How I feel about it right now anyway.

Last edited:
Backspacer an underrated gem, for mine, Lightning Bolt far from the worst, and Vitalogy possibly the best. Interesting list, though.
Agree with this!

First album I owned

Backspacer an underrated gem, for mine, Lightning Bolt far from the worst, and Vitalogy possibly the best. Interesting list, though.
Something has to come last, and whereas I kind of love the rest, these 3 still don't really do it for me, especially the last two. I keep trying though, here's hoping.

Pink Floyd

1 DSOM
2 Wish You Were Here
3 Live at Pompeii
4 Meddle
5 The Wall
6 Ummagumma
7 The Piper at the Gates of Dawn
8 A Saucerful of Secrets

9 Animals
10 Delicate Sound of Thunder
11 Momentary Lapse of Reason
12 Relics
1. The Wall - perfect all the way through. Can pick a song I want to listen to at random and accidentally finish the album from then on
2. Wish You Were Here
3. Animals

4. Piper At The Gates of Dawn - marvellously experimental. Almost eerie. You'll never hear anything like this be made ever again. The Syd Barrett story is an interesting one; he did next to nothing else after the album.

5. DSOTM - just never rubbed off on me the way it has for others
6. Meddle

7. A Saucerful of Secrets
8. Obscured by Clouds

9. Atom Heart Mother
10. Ummagumma
11. More

12. The Division Bell
13. The Final Cut
14. A Momentary Lapse of Reason - these three I've only listened to bits of. Don't rate them high enough to give a full spin.

15. The Endless River - never attempted to listen to it

Relics is a good release. Has a few good songs that weren't on studio albums - Julia Dream in particular is one of my favourite songs by Pink Floyd, one that reminds me of the Barrett era even though he was no longer with them.

1. The Wall - perfect all the way through. Can pick a song I want to listen to at random and accidentally finish the album from then on
2. Wish You Were Here
3. Animals

4. Piper At The Gates of Dawn - marvellously experimental. Almost eerie. You'll never hear anything like this be made ever again. The Syd Barrett story is an interesting one; he did next to nothing else after the album.

5. DSOTM - just never rubbed off on me the way it has for others
6. Meddle

7. A Saucerful of Secrets
8. Obscured by Clouds

9. Atom Heart Mother
10. Ummagumma
11. More

12. The Division Bell
13. The Final Cut
14. A Momentary Lapse of Reason - these three I've only listened to bits of. Don't rate them high enough to give a full spin.

15. The Endless River - never attempted to listen to it

Relics is a good release. Has a few good songs that weren't on studio albums - Julia Dream in particular is one of my favourite songs by Pink Floyd, one that reminds me of the Barrett era even though he was no longer with them.
Have you seen Live at Pompeii ? Full film on playlist >>>

'Due to the lack of time in filming, no tracks were filmed that were unreleased, but several alternative shots and outtakes were held in the Archives du Film du Bois D'Arcy near Paris. At some point, an employee of the owners, MHF Productions, decided this footage was of no value and incinerated all 548 cans of the original 35 mm negatives.' - Wiki :oops: :oops: :'(:'(:'(

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you seen Live at Pompeii ? Full film on playlist >>>

'Due to the lack of time in filming, no tracks were filmed that were unreleased, but several alternative shots and outtakes were held in the Archives du Film du Bois D'Arcy near Paris. At some point, an employee of the owners, MHF Productions, decided this footage was of no value and incinerated all 548 cans of the original 35 mm negatives.' - Wiki :oops: :oops: :'(:'(:'(

Not all the way through. I’ll have to give it a run.

i'd swap atlas & ire but otherwise agree

They were the hardest two to decide on. I love them both equally but went Atlas since it's had 3 extra years to age and still holds up.
Ire is a very underrated metal album though. It only copped hate because of the change in direction, but there are some absolute bangers on it.

Something has to come last, and whereas I kind of love the rest, these 3 still don't really do it for me, especially the last two. I keep trying though, here's hoping.

After listening to Gigaton a few times yesterday i got in the PJ mood and listened to both Binaural and Riot Act - really enjoyed Binaural more than Riot Act which surprised me.

My List:

Vs
Vitalogy
Ten
Yield
No Code
Gigaton - might keep growing or may fade away - definitely the best immediate reaction to one of their latest 4 or 5 albums
Binaural
Backspacer
Riot Act
Lightning Bolt
Avocado

I reckon the last 5, maybe 6 could change quite easily from day-to-day

After listening to Gigaton a few times yesterday i got in the PJ mood and listened to both Binaural and Riot Act - really enjoyed Binaural more than Riot Act which surprised me.
I've been listening back to Binaural a lot this week as well. Blake feels like a slightly miscast recommendation from associated acts, but it bears some occasional gorgeous results. Classic case of a mid-album peak.

I've had several Riot Act phases since ripping it from a neighbour in 2005 (my first PJ LP not long after getting into them through the new Rearviewmirror comp), so it has grown for me with time despite some middling bits.

Last edited:
Only one Band but all popular artists

Dylan

Highway 61 revisited
Blonde on Blonde
Infidels
Shot of love
Bringing it all back home
Desire
Nashville skyline
Before the flood
Slow train coming
Empire burlesque

Springsteen

Darkness on the edge of town
Born to run
Nebraska
Devils and dust
Wrecking ball
The wild the innocent and the E street shuffle
The rising
Greeting from Ashbury Park NJ
Tunnel of love
Ghost of Tom Joad

Stones

Exile on Main Street
Sticky fingers
Let it bleed
Beggars banquet
Goats head soup
Get yer ya yas out
Some girls
Aftermath
Brussels affair ( bootleg later released )
Voodoo lounge

Sinatra

Come fly with me
Sinatra at the Sands
A swinging affair
Best of the Columbia years
In the wee wee hours
September of my years
Songs for swinging lovers
Where are you
Ol blue eyes is back
Sinatra duets

Yes I am old

Foo fighters wasting light not a bad song on it.

Best album since the colour and the shape.

Very sharp LB.

Almost no bad songs, best album since There Is Nothing Left To Lose tho ;)

While not my favourite band, they are my favourite 21st century band.

BLACK REBEL MOTORCYCLE CLUB

1. BRMC - Came out the gates with a classic.
2. Take Them On, On Your Own.
3. Specter At The Feast - includes the glorious cover of The Call's "Let The Day Begin" as a tribute to Robert Levon Been's father, Michael Been, who suffered a heart attack and died while on tour with BRMC in 2010.
4. Beat The Devil's Tattoo
5. Howl
6. Wrong Creatures
7. Baby 81
8. The Effects of 333.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back