Racing March Daily Punt - Coronavirus > Caulfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
that depends on the buyers. Just got to convince the buyers who remain that the cheaper horses are not necessarily worse racehorses.

Buyers are going through the easter catalogue and offering 20% price privately since about wednesday. Some think they are going to be getting bargains, a few will shake loose and Arrowfield obviously trying to crash the market single handedly although most others to their credit are trying to hold the industry up from what I understand.

hard to get my head around why Arrowfield did that, they should be the ones trying to hold it up given large long term investements. Coolmore and Godolphin doing OK and from what I have heard will be active buyers. Hong Kong also not too deterred.

Buyers are going through the easter catalogue and offering 20% price privately since about wednesday. Some think they are going to be getting bargains a few will shake loose and Arrowfield obviously trying to crash the market single handedly although most others are trying to hold the industry up from what I understand.

hard to get my head around why Arrowfield did that, they should be the ones trying to hold it up given large long term investements. Coolmore and Godolphin doing OK and from what I have heard will be active buyers. Hong Kong also not too deterred.
what actually constitutes a bargain though? the prices have probably been about 500% more than the should have been forever because its a ponzi scheme.

what actually constitutes a bargain though? the prices have probably been about 500% more than the should have been forever because its a ponzi scheme.

Its a globalised industry. Australia is far from an outlier, in fact we are cheaper than the other nations. There is a benchline on what good horses are worth even to the low prizemoney countries like the UK.

UK premier sale averages around 500k, Australia 320k, America 800k, Japan 750k, HK 700k

Its a globalised industry. Australia is far from an outlier, in fact we are cheaper than the other nations. There is a benchline on what good horses are worth even to the low prizemoney countries like the UK.

UK premier sale averages around 500k, Australia 320k, America 800k, Japan 750k, HK 700k
i know that but its insane. I just dont get it. i know people love their entertainment and their horses but the amount of horses that make a profit from racing is miniscule. Its like winning a lottery

i know that but its insane. I just dont get it. i know people love their entertainment and their horses but the amount of horses that make a profit from racing is miniscule. Its like winning a lottery

So is the amount of punters but here we are, it's the game.

A horse is worth what someone will pay, they are long term assets or toys or whatever you want to call them. The long term nature of racing in places like the UK, Japan and HK will maintain some sort of benchmark here where good horses are worth while not the same at least a large portion of original price tag.

The lower tier, I fear for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sky 2'd and split screen for running on time. Thanks Nowra.

Imperalism would surely have to have just joined a fairly illustrious list of 2 long odds on defeats in 4 days. $1.60 on Wednesday, rolled on Sunday at $1.60.

Given every hope both times.

If you trust SPs it would be very very hard for Sitdown Be Humble to lose the next at GTON.

$8.00 into $3.60 in a OK rating C5 Country champ back to a true C1/C2 style race here. Miss Zedel a big lay back in trip with the apprentice will go back. Rest of these are basically C1 horses or long time maidens who managed to sneak one. Personally took a set against SDBH 7 days ago was way over the top a market move but has to be respected on the back of it.

have it $2.10 personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back