Rumour ben cousins been missing for 1 month...

Remove this Banner Ad

A coach surely cares for his players, he knew what was going on during the glory days surely...

Not bitter about losing two PFs to you back then, I’m now over that....just saying....
Of course Worsfold cares and feels sorry for Cuzz.

I don't know what else he could've done TBH.
He kept asking Cosuins about drugs and was repeatedly lied to.

Yep, it happened on his watch but he doesn't have to feel guilty.

A coach surely cares for his players, he knew what was going on during the glory days surely...

Not bitter about losing two PFs to you back then, I’m now over that....just saying....

Reality check sunshine, Ben Cousins isn't the only player in history to have a substance abuse problem. I have heard first hand from an ex-Crows player about some of the partying that went on at your club as well, it's just you didn't end up the poster child like West Coast and Cousins did.

A lot of blind eyes have been turned by coaches at all clubs

Reality check sunshine, Ben Cousins isn't the only player in history to have a substance abuse problem. I have heard first hand from an ex-Crows player about some of the partying that went on at your club as well, it's just you didn't end up the poster child like West Coast and Cousins did.

Correct. But this is the Ben cousins thread. Wouldn’t want to go off topic.

On a serious note, Stay safe & healthy.

Rediculous. Ever heard of personal responsibility? Ben Cousins took those drugs knowing full well what they can do, it’s not up to his senior football coach to be fathering him

Hence that's why in my opinion they brought in the 3 strike drug rule to try and cover up the games drug problems

Anyone who has had a close association with someone on drugs knows how devious they are, they will say anything, do anything, lie to anyone. No amount of love, help, family, friends or footy club can stop them if they don’t want to stop. Ben was a casual drug user as well as many many other players were at many clubs (Hello, I worked in pubs and clubs) and he became a full blown drug addict way beyond reason or truth to anyone.

Also anytime I see a Ben Cousins thread active I get scared to look...

From this article on news.com.au it looks like Ricky Nixon had an interview arranged for Cousins where all the money would go to his kids. But Cousins turned it down to do the one with Basil where he would get the money directly ( to buy drugs ) Pretty scummy from Basil

From this article on news.com.au it looks like Ricky Nixon had an interview arranged for Cousins where all the money would go to his kids. But Cousins turned it down to do the one with Basil where he would get the money directly ( to buy drugs ) Pretty scummy from Basil
No, the money is going to Ben’s lawyer who will hold it in trust and drip feed it to Ben so The money he makes from the interview will not go to drugs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Expect nothing else.
I have met Basil years several ago and he seemed like a nice enough bloke, but this stinks of exploitation.
If Basil and Channel Seven really wanted to expose the reasons for the Eagle's drug culture of that era they should be knocking on another former player's door asking for answers.
They well know the story but are too gutless to follow up - selective journalism at it's ugliest - pick the easy target !
Unfortunately they are all too scared of threats of legal action and court injunctions from said player's lawyer - "The Man who looks after bikie gangs"
They might also be scared for other reasons.
Ben was always a high chance to end up in this predicament, but I doubt he did as much damage to other individuals lives as the other one did.

I have met Basil years several ago and he seemed like a nice enough bloke, but this stinks of exploitation.
If Basil and Channel Seven really wanted to expose the reasons for the Eagle's drug culture of that era they should be knocking on another former player's door asking for answers.
They well know the story but are too gutless to follow up - selective journalism at it's ugliest - pick the easy target !
Unfortunately they are all too scared of threats of legal action and court injunctions from said player's lawyer - "The Man who looks after bikie gangs"
They might also be scared for other reasons.
Ben was always a high chance to end up in this predicament, but I doubt he did as much damage to other individuals lives as the other one did.

Adam Hunter? Daniel Chick? Daniel KErr?:think:

I missed the first 10 minutes. What's the significance of "the car interview"? Cos he's clearly off his face.

Bloke's still friggen delusional. And a professional victim.

I can’t stand it for the kids, its too heartbreaking. I remember when he bacame a dad people were like ‘oh this is so good, Benny will have a reason to get clean and a reason to live’ etc etc blah blah. All I thought was omg please please please dont have kids. People just don‘t understand drug addicts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back