Rumour ben cousins been missing for 1 month...

Remove this Banner Ad

Brian Cousins is a gem of a bloke. Would be an absolute broken shell of a man at this point of his life. That's who I feel for - all the good people that have been in his corner from day dot that would be feeling completely and utterly defeated. F*** Ben and his selfish, deflective attitude.

Brian Cousins is a gem of a bloke. Would be an absolute broken shell of a man at this point of his life. That's who I feel for - all the good people that have been in his corner from day dot that would be feeling completely and utterly defeated. F*** Ben and his selfish, deflective attitude.
I flicked the channel before it finished

Did his old man not rock up to the meeting they had planned?

What a nothing interview, he couldn't put a sentence together, no honest answers,
Channel 7 are a joke making out like it was gonna be a tell all interview, he has burnt everybody that loved him, nothings changed he's still the same
Addict.
Who benefits from this??? 7 with their ratings? Basil with making a name for himself as a man of the people? (Who really is there to pump his own tyres up) Cousins thinking he is getting money to continue on with his current destructive lifestyle? Producers adding more dot points on their resume? Australian musicians getting their music played?

What a joke and waste of time

I flicked the channel before it finished

Did his old man not rock up to the meeting they had planned?
He went for a chat with Basil but it wasn't filmed. I remember he struggled to speak on camera without breaking down in the original doco that was made 10yrs ago. That would only have increased tenfold if he were to speak publicly today.

definitely still on the gear, could hardly give any straight answers so id say he was probably on it the night before these interviews. Its hard to feel sorry for him when he clearly isn't doing anything proactive to help his situation, but I understand how hard it is to get out of that cycle

Exploitative nonsense. I've got no comment on Ben besides feeling sad for him.

Pretty much what you'd expect from Channel 7. Lazy. Cheap. Nasty. Tied together with utterly irrelevant music. Basil has all the depth of a dry dishrag.

Two 15 years olds with a camera and adobe premier could have put together something more substantial.

I felt bad watching it. I wish for channel 7 to rid that 1 viewer of the count

it should not have been done. It's a money grab from Cousins who's desperate and it's channel 7 enabling him for a story. It's quite shameful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exploitative nonsense. I've got no comment on Ben besides feeling sad for him.

Pretty much what you'd expect from Channel 7. Lazy. Cheap. Nasty. Tied together with utterly irrelevant music. Basil has all the depth of a dry dishrag.

Two 15 years olds with a camera and adobe premier could have put together something more substantial.
The smoky haze effect surrounding him in portrait.
Nadir "journalism".

“Tell all interview”. What did Ben reveal that we didn’t know already? He couldn’t even answer a simple question relating to his drug use, which is surely still a daily thing. He was clearly off his head throughout stages of that interview.

Basil was horrendous as well. He has zero personality and barely probed Ben. He just allowed Ben to go on nonsensical junkie rants and then it would cut to another scene with s**t editing and cheesy music. The most unfathomable part about it was that it took five days to produce this rubbish.

There is also no hope for Ben Cousins. He did not show one ounce of remorse and couldn’t even deny he won’t go back to jail. He was too far gone years ago. He is a homeless, dysfunctional, drug-addicted criminal at rock bottom who has burnt all of his bridges.

I would love to see him turn his life around, especially for his children and his parents (in particular his father), but unfortunately I feel it’s only a matter of time before he’s dead or in jail again.

I enjoyed the documentary but that doesn't leave me feeling any less concerned about the welfare of Ben or anyone in Ben's periphery. I won't pretend to know what it's like to have a drug addiction but there's still far too much denial from Ben to truly turn a corner. I just hope he does before it costs him or someone else their lives.

It’s like he never grew up. Deflecting and now clearly brain damaged, the interview is something that just shouldn’t have happened and as others have said exploitive in nature.
I just look at him (Cousins) and feel anger and sadness for what hes done to others around him.

I have met Basil years several ago and he seemed like a nice enough bloke, but this stinks of exploitation.
If Basil and Channel Seven really wanted to expose the reasons for the Eagle's drug culture of that era they should be knocking on another former player's door asking for answers.
They well know the story but are too gutless to follow up - selective journalism at it's ugliest - pick the easy target !
Unfortunately they are all too scared of threats of legal action and court injunctions from said player's lawyer - "The Man who looks after bikie gangs"
They might also be scared for other reasons.
Ben was always a high chance to end up in this predicament, but I doubt he did as much damage to other individuals lives as the other one did.
I have just watched the first five minutes and I retract that first statement.
Basil you are a self serving piece of s**t.

channel 7 ratings and Benny needed some $$$.

I can't say it any better than that.

That's all this was - Cousins needing money and Channel 7 thinking there was ratings/ad dollars in it. It was cheap, garbage, tabloid rubbish that added nothing, other than showing us that Cousins still isn't prepared to accept responsibility for what became of him. And I guess an opportunity for Basil to bignote himself with a primetime "story".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back