Rumour ben cousins been missing for 1 month...

Remove this Banner Ad

How have Kerr, Chick and all those others not been brought up at all during this interview?

How can channel 7 actually of payed for this s**t?
Kerr gets a pass because his s**t of a sister is good at a chick's sport no one usually cares about (she was a piece of s**t bully as a kid and is one of the most disliked players in any team she's part of; Roger Kerr was told he was never welcome back at East Fremantle a few years after he 'retired' too).

Is that verifiable, or are you taking an educated guess? I’m not excusing Ben for the choices he has made in life, but if there is some element of truth to that fact, then the club were bare minimum passive enablers & must take some of the blame in how Ben has ended up.

I'm a supporter of Ben Cousins (at least i was as a footballer.)

Thought the whole world of him but cmon
Never has he conceeded and apologized.
Never his own fault
But fu** me, he has burnt his family but most significantly his father Brian.
Been their for him since the beginning, now he's basically burnt that bridge entirely.
"Mate, my old man has no idea" - words to that effect
took you 15 years for this? bloke's an entitled private schooled little s**t. who cares.

Is that verifiable, or are you taking an educated guess? I’m not excusing Ben for the choices he has made in life, but if there is some element of truth to that fact, then the club were bare minimum passive enablers & must take some of the blame in how Ben has ended up.
was smoking pot regularly at Wesley which isn't a crime but it was known by the Eagles, guess it was a semi-professional environment then. but he's been into something or rather since then.

From Brownlow and Norm Smith winning premiership player, club captain and king of Perth on $600-700k (in the mid 2000s) to itinerant drug addled bum you’d cross the road to avoid.

I know it’s played out over years but the train wreck just continues on its merry way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kerr gets a pass because his s**t of a sister is good at a chick's sport no one usually cares about (she was a piece of s**t bully as a kid and is one of the most disliked players in any team she's part of; Roger Kerr was told he was never welcome back at East Fremantle a few years after he 'retired' too).
What a load of s**t

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

It was a mess of a 'tell all'
But there is no reason to rag out on this bloke because he did an interview for cash.
Footy always has been about the drama and magic someone can produce on field despite who they are. He did that. We are all still interested because he did that well.
He shows that even the shiniest can suffer. No way did he ask to become what he has.

Honest question, how old was Ben when the WCE hierarchy first became aware he had a significant problem?
They knew he participated early on it was part of the club culture
But when they knew of a significant problem is hard to define don't you think?

There were worse guys on the list then cousins (one got shipped off)
And it wasn't just eagles you can add dockers and Western force boys to that list

What a nothing interview, he couldn't put a sentence together, no honest answers,
Channel 7 are a joke making out like it was gonna be a tell all interview, he has burnt everybody that loved him, nothings changed he's still the same
Addict.
I enjoyed the ads every 5 minutes 😂

Meth has unfortunately fried his brain. Addiction can be crippling and incredibly hard to shake. I’m no expert but if I’m guessing his brain would surely be close to or beyond a point where he can live normally again.

The way he affectionately spoke about Dexamphetamine and how it makes him feel normal would suggest his dopamine/norepinephrine pathways in his brain are completely shot. Its no wonder the guy cant function.

41 years old with no home or job. Truly truly sad and upsetting

All the freo comments are hilariously ironic.. ‘the Eagles covered it up’

fast fwd 15 years and the dockers were/are doing this for Hogan and Bennel

the major difference is the dockers knew beforehand Their ‘problems’

BUT TRADED FOR THEM ANYWAY !

culture

Last edited:
What kind of rehabilitation be involved for someone to come back if they are in this kind of state?

Not much of a tell all interview, nothing new was learnt, Ben is a drug addict who doesn't seem like he is ever going to escape the addiction, and will never take any responsibilty for his own choices he made many years ago to go down the path of taking drugs.

And whilst they are not always fair and even, the one thing out of this is that the family law court have got his situation 100% correct, there is no way in his current form or past should he be anywhere near those kids, it looked quiet clear his brain is fried and his personality that went from calm and evasive with Basil, to his ranting when certain buttons were pushed for rather tame questions was scary, and the idea he wanted a guy like Mick Gatto involved to help sort it out, means family law have got it spot on with Ben, add the fact that he is basically homeless, it is a no brainer, right now those kids are a lot safer away from him.

His responses when asked about his parents and is he sorry, was disgusting and his family did the absolute right thing cutting ties with him, as good as a footballer he was, he is nothing more than a hopeless drug addict now, and you can understand why they would want nothing to do with him, you can only imagine the stress he caused in that family over time, why would you want that in your life. His last rant about his father showed they cannot have anything to do with him until he makes some major changes in his life, which after watching last night will most likely never happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back