Certified Legendary Thread My Sharona! (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official Government Information about COVID-19
Contact the National Coronavirus Information Hotline on 1800 020 080 for information about COVID-19.

Stay informed. Download the official government “Coronavirus Australia” app in the Apple App Store or Google Play,
or join our WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android.

If you live in the Adelaide metropolitan area and would like to get checked out, this is how get drive-thru testing at the Repat:

1584943828763.png

the Official Sources, Do You Have The Symptoms?, Tips and Statistics are below

Official Sources, Do you have Symptoms?, Tips, Statistics

Environmental Cleaning & Disinfection Principles
https://www.health.gov.au/sites/def...-and-disinfection-principles-for-covid-19.pdf

SA Health:

Australian Federal Govt:

World Health Organisation:

Smart Traveller: (thanks Mutineer )

Do you have the symptoms?
(thanks again to Mutineer )

1584505884236.png

Tips

Home Isolation Advice:

What to do if you’re feeling unwell

If you are severely unwell, such as having difficulty breathing, call 000 (Triple Zero).

If you have travelled anywhere overseas in the past 14 days and have COVID-19 symptoms, seek testing at a COVID-19 clinic or contact your GP (advise your GP of your travel history) and isolate yourself.

If you have NOT travelled overseas recently, but are feeling unwell, visit your usual health care provider. Avoid contact with others if you are unwell.

Mental health in the age of coronavirus

Woolworths to introduce a dedicated shopping hour for the elderly and people with disability.

Keeping Yourself And Your Things Germ Free

Cleaning Your Phone

Optus Mobile giving away data due to Covid-19

To play our part in supporting your access needs, we are giving all eligible mobile subscribers a one off 20GB of free extra data which can be activated within My Optus app anytime during the month of April and valid for 30 days from activation. For our eligible prepaid customers, we will also be offering 10GB of free extra data when you top up for more than $40 during the month of April.

We'll have more details about these extra data offers available soon at optus.com.au/COVID19-support.

Statistics

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

Stay safe and look after each other (from a safe distance)
Dear posters: unsubstantiated advice will be deleted. We understand you want to help, but #fakenews blah blah blah we're not allowing any disinformation. Got some great advice about washing your hands whilst dancing like David Byrne in Once In A Lifetime helps kill the virus? That's fantastic, provide a link to a reputable source.

Last edited:
With the living wage now being touted, surely the issue surrounding rental should be put on the back-burner. Just speaking to real estate agent as we're having to look at permanent rental of our tiny cottage that was airbnb and homeaway rented, giving us access when we want it. She said that she's getting heaps of people saying they can't pay and she's telling them that they are still obliged to pay and that if they want to negotiate with landlord, they need to provide evidence that they've lost their employment and are now receiving centrelink benefits and that they have no capacity to pay. Too many Australians will look at this as an opportunity for a free ride. They better get this right, cash splashes are easy, providing free accommodation from private owners is much more difficult.
I would never look to evict anybody unless there were no other options. I have no issues with negotiating a rent price that is sustainable based on whatever my tenants get from Centrelink. What scares me is tenants taking this as an excuse to pay no rent at all and then not having the legal right to evict them. So far my tenants have been very good about paying on time and communicating with me so I may be worried about nothing. I'm just concerned that all it takes is a few people to do the wrong thing and get away with it, then all the people who are doing the right thing look around and say to themselves "why am I being a sucker and paying?".

And what about this, have to say it makes a lot of sense in that it will heavily scrutinise any foreign investors looking to take advantage of the financial stress a lot of Australian businesses are going to find themselves in and very soon.

Yeah the FIRB might actually earn their pay for a change

According to this (If I’m reading it right) we are still two weeks behind Italy?

We were doubling at a rate of about 2.5-3 days, but this has changed over the last week

Mar 10 - 116
Mar 11 - 128 (10% increase)
Mar 12 - 156 (22% increase)
Mar 13 - 199 (28% increase)
Mar 14 - 248 (25% increase)
Mar 15 - 300 (21% increase)
Mar 16 - 401 (37% increase)
Mar 17 - 455 (13% increase)
Mar 18 - 596 (31% increase)
Mar 19 - 756 (27% increase)
Mar 20 - 928 (23% increase)

Mar 21 - 1072 (16% increase)
Mar 22 - 1609 (50% increase)
Mar 23 - 1887 (17% increase)
Mar 24 - 2317 (23% increase)
Mar 25 - 2676 (15% increase)
Mar 26 - 3050 (14% increase)
Mar 27 - 3378 (11% increase)
Mar 28 - 3635 (8% increase)
Mar 29 - 4163 (15% increase)

Things are slowing down percentage wise which is a great sign, it gives us some hope that the closures and social distancing appear to be working.

There is obviously the lag between contracting the virus and when you start to show symptoms so we're always a week or so behind so we won't really know how well the new restrictions are going until late next week.

Hopefully we can get it down to 5% or less

And what about this, have to say it makes a lot of sense in that it will heavily scrutinise any foreign investors looking to take advantage of the financial stress a lot of Australian businesses are going to find themselves in and very soon.

Only after Pauline Hansen has been canvassing them the last week. The FIRB seem to be a rubber stamp with hardly a knock back to international takeovers. There's going to be a lot of cheap businesses and and properties going cheap soon to all the cashed up multi nationals.

Concentrations of 1 gm. of propylene glycol vapour in two to four million cc. of air produced immediate and complete sterilization of air into which pneumococci, streptococci, staphylococci, H. influenzae, and other microorganisms as well as influenza virus had been sprayed

We vape 50/50 PG VG
Hopefully that does the trick

Only after Pauline Hansen has been canvassing them the last week. The FIRB seem to be a rubber stamp with hardly a knock back to international takeovers. There's going to be a lot of cheap businesses and and properties going cheap soon to all the cashed up multi nationals.
I don't think it's the targeted at the Multi-Nationals, I think it's more specific than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure it would have removed politics.

Albo could have attended the meetings but ultimately he’s not a decision maker and so would have continued politicising.

And let’s be fair - if the roles were reversed the LNP would be doing the same. Neither are above trying to score some cheap political points on the back of a disaster.

I think they're largely being led by the medicos and Labor have offered no contest to the governments packages. I think it's fair and reasonable that Albo be in the tent with ScoMo, the state ministers and the medicos. It's not like we're talking about a minor party and it would be a strong sign of bipartisanship. It might even shut Kirky up and if it does only that, then it's worth it.

What about Billionaire James Dyson?

What about billionaire Liu Dian Bo...

'Astonishing breach of faith': Private hospital company stands down 800 staff

The move to crack down on things is welcome, but the FIRB has been a running joke for a long time.
Rules governing foreign ownership of Australian real estate have been proved a farce after authorities granted a fictional person leave to buy a $598,000 Melbourne house. It took less than one business day for the Foreign Investment Review Board to sign off on a pending purchase in Vermont South by “Chodley Wontok”, a non-existent Russian national with a non-existent Australian visa.

On the good news front for Americans

GUN SHOPS DEEMED ‘ESSENTIAL SERVICES’ IN USA
If anyone needed further proof that we live in strange times, the Trump administration has added the firearms industry — gun shops included — to a federal list of critical infrastructure during the ongoing coronavirus emergency.

The new language, added to the website of the US Department of Homeland Security, now deems as critical “workers supporting the operation of firearm or ammunition product manufacturers, retailers, importers, distributors, and shooting ranges”.
I guess if you disregard their history of how it lead to this, it probably is true that it is essential now.

Just be thankful that Sam 'Shanghai' Dastyari is nowhere near the current levers....

Sam definitely can't be trusted. After all, this was the same guy Morrison did a deal with to win pre-selection :p

“I’ve seen a lot of dirty things in politics, but I’ve never had the Liberal party come to us [Labor] and ask for dirt to fight one of their own internal opponents,” he said.

“I would never underestimate Scott Morrison… because I would never underestimate a guy who would turn to one of his political opponents to take out one of his own… a guy who will do that will do anything.

Mar 10 - 116
Mar 11 - 128 (10% increase)
Mar 12 - 156 (22% increase)
Mar 13 - 199 (28% increase)
Mar 14 - 248 (25% increase)
Mar 15 - 300 (21% increase)
Mar 16 - 401 (37% increase)
Mar 17 - 455 (13% increase)
Mar 18 - 596 (31% increase)
Mar 19 - 756 (27% increase)
Mar 20 - 928 (23% increase)

Mar 21 - 1072 (16% increase)
Mar 22 - 1609 (50% increase)
Mar 23 - 1887 (17% increase)
Mar 24 - 2317 (23% increase)
Mar 25 - 2676 (15% increase)
Mar 26 - 3050 (14% increase)
Mar 27 - 3378 (11% increase)
Mar 28 - 3635 (8% increase)
Mar 29 - 4163 (15% increase)

1585530951160.png

...doesn't look like it's slowing down?

Is there number of people requiring hospitalization data and then average length of hospital treatment time (actually on a ventilator or similar, not early cases isolating in hospital)

We are looking at the number each day, how many are putting strain on health care at the most critical level?

Or in other words, do we know what our capacity for new cases is each day as a state and country?

There were 5 in ICU yesterday (down from 6), and I think we have 188 ICU beds in the State. From a Bed perspective we are well under capacity, but there is a significant shortage of PPE which is troubling

Have a friend in Tassie. They were due to move to Qld just before they locked down Tassie

Their lease was coming to an end and the timing seemed to be ok

But they can't leave Tassie because once they hit Qld they need to isolate but don't have anywhere

Long story short they can afford to stay but they are out of lease. They will continue to pay and the landlord can't evict them

Really ? So when the contract ends they have the right to remain?

I thought evict was a defined term relating to the failure to comply with the terms of the lease. Surely if all the bills are paid, when the lease is up it is up ! How would it be any different to checking into a hotel for a few days ? Hotel guests have to leave !

What about Billionaire James Dyson?

BlackImmaterialBluetonguelizard-size_restricted.gif

Sorry, my bad wrong Dyson. :$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back