Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. Part 2 * CONTINUED ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest Trumpsterism. Now saying if US deaths stay under 100 000, he will have done a great job. 2 months after saying there would be zero cases in a few days, because he was doing a great job.

A truly great man. I feel blessed to be on the planet at the same time as him.
draining the swamp......then filling it with raw sewage

Some good news for AF- all 18 AFL clubs & 14 AFLW teams will remain- likely for many years. AFL has secured a $600m line of credit, using Marvel Stadium as security.

MSM AF experts are predicting, from 2021 permanently, AFL club Football Departments (but not player wages) will have their expenditure HEAVILY capped (currently c. $200m pa). AFL grants to Clubs will also drop by a similar mount.

The AFL & 18 Clubs will also benefit from the new, massive JobKeeper funding for its employees (but players don't receive JobKeeper payments).

Last edited:
Honestly, the lack of critical thinking from some posters leaves me speechless. It's below the level expected from a 9th grade high school student.
It is interesting how you talk to people Monkey King. How about you provide facts that wet markets are NOT happening to put us all at rest.

Some good news for AF- all 18 AFL clubs & 14 AFLW teams will remain- likely for many years. AFL has secured a $600m line of credit, using Marvel Stadium as security.

MSM AF experts are predicting, from 2021 permanently, AFL club Football Departments (but not player wages) will have their expenditure HEAVILY capped (currently c. $200m pa). AFL grants to Clubs will also drop by a similar mount.

The AFL & 18 Clubs will also benefit from the new, massive JobKeeper funding for its employees (but players don't receive JobKeeper payments).

18 clubs being guaranteed a future is great news for all except certain West Coast Eagles fans who have been cheering on the demise of some clubs

All 18 Club CEOs have formed 3 working groups to each tackle key area of the business and help each other find solutions for survival.

They’ve even set up a WhatsApp group to share ideas.

Lovely Stuff.

Trevor Nisbett (WCE): Consider limiting Fabergé Egg consumption to twice weekly.

*** Matthew Finnis (ST.K) has left the chat ***

Is testing still restricted to returning from overseas and been in contact with a known case?

I did see on Friday that the DHHS acknowledged existing testing criteria wasn't giving a clear picture, so asked screening sites to start testing every fifth symptomatic person who didn't fit the more restrictive criteria. That's better than nothing, but also signals our data to this point is far from comprehensive.

It is interesting how you talk to people Monkey King. How about you provide facts that wet markets are NOT happening to put us all at rest.

Wet markets aren't the problem. They exist all over the world, including many developed nations. The problem is wildlife markets.

Here's an article outlining that the wildlife trade has been legislated against. From here the burden of proof on those wishing to dispute it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did see on Friday that the DHHS acknowledged existing testing criteria wasn't giving a clear picture, so asked screening sites to start testing every fifth symptomatic person who didn't fit the more restrictive criteria. That's better than nothing, but also signals our data to this point is far from comprehensive.
Yes it's quite limited
I have read various articles about new testing processes which would allow more testing but not sure how far that is from rolling out.

Wet markets aren't the problem. They exist all over the world, including many developed nations. The problem is wildlife markets.

Here's an article outlining that the wildlife trade has been legislated against. From here the burden of proof on those wishing to dispute it.
Not a reliable source as we only need to google "Has China banned wet markets" to be inundated with info contrary to your article.
Now, not attacking you but you downplay people with other opinions to yours and you do it with vigour. Maybe learn to see arguments other than yours as people, rightly, are pissed off and blame the source of this epidemic. Some compassion on both sides would go a long way to healing what is happening on our planet right now.

Great plan to destroy the economy and wellbeing of all. Any person with the ability and drive to contribute high leve skills, grow opportunities for others would give up or move OS. Small example - a surgeon cloud be over 40 and still be in effective training. During this time they work over 12 hrs a day on brutal rosters. To get paid the same as a HS drop out who bludges in a dead end job?
No, that's not how it works!!

Every adult receives a universal basic income (UBI) ON TOP of their normal wage, which of course could be less for an average worker. As a persons income rises they receive less or none of the UBI.
Eg, I make $1000 a week after tax currently, UBI is $500 a week (no tax) therefore my boss can pay me $500, leaving more for hime to spend on the business or/and bring prices down.
Once you earn over, let's say $80,000 a year it would start to reduce and be nothing once you earn over say $120,000 a year (something like that)

Do some googling, look into Andrew Yang in the US and you will see that plenty of very well educated, intelligent people and Economists think that this is a very good idea, especially in a time like this!

Not a reliable source as we only need to google "Has China banned wet markets" to be inundated with info contrary to your article.
Now, not attacking you but you downplay people with other opinions to yours and you do it with vigour. Maybe learn to see arguments other than yours as people, rightly, are pissed off and blame the source of this epidemic. Some compassion on both sides would go a long way to healing what is happening on our planet right now.

Googling something that says "apparently China has started these markets again", with no evidence and misleading/unrelated photos is not information - it's misinformation. You need to be able critically analyse the source and claim. If you have an issue with my analysis, by all means, take it to task, but no, I don't have to respect opinions based on misinformation simply because it panders to someone's emotion.

Talk about compassion, there are Asian people who've been assaulted because of stereotyping and misconception. So yeah, if someone posts an article that lacks integrity, I will fact check it and rail the low standard of critical thinking that propagates this bullshit ignorance and aggression.

No, that's not how it works!!

Every adult receives a universal basic income (UBI) ON TOP of their normal wage, which of course could be less for an average worker. As a persons income rises they receive less or none of the UBI.
Eg, I make $1000 a week after tax currently, UBI is $500 a week (no tax) therefore my boss can pay me $500, leaving more for hime to spend on the business or/and bring prices down.
Once you earn over, let's say $80,000 a year it would start to reduce and be nothing once you earn over say $120,000 a year (something like that)

Do some googling, look into Andrew Yang in the US and you will see that plenty of very well educated, intelligent people and Economists think that this is a very good idea, especially in a time like this!
A lot of communists maybe

Testing numbers are down by 50%-60% in NSW in the last week which is slightly concerning though.

Ratio of postive % tests has remained fairly consistent, however the test numbers have dropped.

Only 3,500 tests yesterday in NSW.

View attachment 849847

Hi Pykie

It was confirmed today that the results filtering in Sunday and Monday were in fact from tests compiled Tuesday/Wednesday (may have been Monday or Tuesday, not 100%)

The problem with lockdowns, hard to keep up for long. If we had gone early with a lockdown, it wouldn't have spread in Australia like it has. But when we come out of lockdown, the world is still full of the virus, and unless you hermetically seal of Australia for as long as it takes to make a vaccine, in quantity, it just starts all over again.
doh

Eddie talking about the AFL hopefully being smart and organising the fixture around the big Spring events. E.g. big night games for AFL to be built around Derby Day etc, could be massive tbh

Yeah there is potential there.

A 6pm match on Melbourne Cup Day as an example.

Also working in with the T20 world cup, rather than around it. Schedule pre or post matches in the same city around the Australian fixtures and other big Indian/England matches.

May potentially mean some games back at Subiaco, I know Footy Park has been demolished, is there any alternative to AO in SA?

Yeah there is potential there.

A 6pm match on Melbourne Cup Day as an example.

Also working in with the T20 world cup, rather than around it. Schedule pre or post matches in the same city around the Australian fixtures and other big Indian/England matches.

May potentially mean some games back at Subiaco, I know Footy Park has been demolished, is there any alternative to AO in SA?

QLD and Sydney will also be an issue. It’s almost impossible to work at the same time as T20. Hopefully the T20 is pushed back till after Xmas. If we’re not back to taking overseas visitors there isn’t any point really on hosting it.

So yeah, if someone posts an article that lacks integrity, I will fact check it and rail the low standard of critical thinking that propagates this bullshit ignorance and aggression.
You posted an article from google that "Lacks integrity" but it is obvious that our two roads are not going to join up so, enjoy your solitary trip down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back