Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's good about this is that, iirc, RoCo worked for/with Caro at The Age. He knows she was trying to shaft us.
He had a bit to say about her on his footyology pod not long after he moved on from the age. Drew distinct parallels between the way she handled the NM/GC and *PED stories. I don’t think there’s any love lost between those two. His criticisms of the substance of her journalism would ring true to most of us here.

We are taking a very Collingwood-Eddie like approach to Caro and Hutchys segment and that’s what’s needed.

Caro needs to be careful not to overstep the predictability factor to the point she ends up like Sam Newman.
Irrelevant, old and washed up. She’s got 2 downpat so far.

Ben Buckley, JB, Duck, Corza and even Kingy all on paper quoted speaking out against her.

Even her peers in Roco and Jon Ralf the halfwit of all people put her in her place.

That is as defiant and a strong message that we can send that relocation talk will be met with fire.

When she does this again shell be ridiculed even further. That’s sort of what we want too. Dig that grave Caro.

Did Hutchy seriously have a problem with Jyza giving him the most gentle of gentle ribbings? If so... fu** me he is a Donald Trump level of thin-skinned

He’s a genuine sociopath.

It amazes me that he and Caro think they are a more valuable part of the game than the campaigners that actually run around and play the thing lol

Hopefully with this purge, the journalists are pushed back outside the bubble and report on the game, and are not viewed as part of the game.

Hutchy will be happy. A day full of interviews and a chance for Caro to respond next week.

Which is fine.

Feels as though the wind has shifted.
The days of the bean counters are over.
The Buckley Armafio era has now begun.
Swing at us?
Get ready for a trailer load of broken bricks coming back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait. So now we like John Ralph? For how long?
We don’t. But the man has a following and if we play the man on his merit then what he said was very welcoming.

91512673_1579098042266000_3959710030139228160_o.jpg

Hutchy will be happy. A day full of interviews and a chance for Caro to respond next week.

Which is fine.

Feels as though the wind has shifted.
The days of the bean counters are over.
The Buckley Armafio era has now begun.
Swing at us?
Get ready for a trailer load of broken bricks coming back.
Her and Eddie launched their own show airing tomorrow night.
We both know he’ll play antagonist, just depends how much he’ll let her get away with.

I hope he quotes Ben Buckley and accuses her of lying. Eddie is snide like that and will want to back in his fellow chairman. He’ll happily throw her under the bus cause it’s against a small club like North in doing so. Hutchy made her look credible but today has proven it’s a massive backfire.

Good response.
It’s a calming and united response from the club and it’s representatives in the media.
I know this virus means people have time on their hands, but I have never seen a coming together like this from the football club that ultimately is saying what the members are feeling.

This board today alone has never felt in more unison, even factoring the round 1 win which for one hour was a shitshow.

This is leadership.

I reckon this would make a fine poster to hang on the wall.:thumbsu:

In fact, The Roo Shop should knock them out at 10 bucks a pop.

The club doesn't need to respond to every tid bit of innuendo written or spoken about it, but when things go constantly unchecked, it re-inforces the incorrect perception of our club.

Beside the fact the comments were the epitome of poorly timed, it's been great to see the club internally and externally have the BS called out. Good on Jon Ralph using ya know....facts.

This is all we've asked for.

Club slowly getting its mongrel back, love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back