Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club doesn't need to respond to every tid bit of innuendo written or spoken about it, but when things go constantly unchecked, it re-inforces the incorrect perception of our club.

Beside the fact the comments were the epitome of poorly timed, it's been great to see the club internally and externally have the BS called out. Good on Jon Ralph using ya know....facts.

This is all we've asked for.

Club slowly getting its mongrel back, love it.

Can't agree this time Ryz.

The putrid campaigner should be subjected to a carpet bombing that would put Richard Nixon to shame. It's time she was put on the extinction list.

If she drops dead tonight, I will personally crack open the bottle of Johnny Walker Blue that I have sitting in the cupboard, pour out 4 fingers over two ice cubes, and raise a glass to the miserable campaigner's demise!*

*Not even slightly joking.

In footy terms she's that player who was once a gun but has gone on two seasons too many, and just tried to blind turn out of trouble like she used to with ease, and got absolutely ******* crunched, buried, holding the ball, still picking herself up with the assistance of the trainers while the ball is down the other end for a goal.

There are journos who weren’t around in 2007 who believe Caro is entitled to her opinion (obviously) and that this is all light hearted.

Not for North people it isn’t. Its all too recent and all too raw to ignore. Especially when it’s the only news on all forms of media.

If we all didn’t wear our hearts on our sleeve then the last 9 days of no footy would have been the last 13 years of no footy cause we wouldn’t have a bloody club.

McKernan, King and Carey have all come out and spoken against her comments. The club has slammed her comments. JB treated the comments with absolute contempt, he knows he lives in her head rent free. F*** even Jon Ralph and Robbo have been critical. Get it through your head b***h, we are going nowhere and the sinking the boot into us ship has sailed.

We are taking a very Collingwood-Eddie like approach to Caro and Hutchys segment and that’s what’s needed.

Caro needs to be careful not to overstep the predictability factor to the point she ends up like Sam Newman.
Irrelevant, old and washed up. She’s got 2 downpat so far.

Ben Buckley, JB, Duck, Corza and even Kingy all on paper quoted speaking out against her.

Even her peers in Roco and Jon Ralf the halfwit of all people put her in her place.

That is as defiant and a strong message that we can send that relocation talk will be met with fire.

When she does this again shell be ridiculed even further. That’s sort of what we want too. Dig that grave Caro.

Most heartening is club greats and current n former board members laying in the old mole.
When our backs are to the wall it’s when we are at our most fearsome.

There are journos who weren’t around in 2007 who believe Caro is entitled to her opinion (obviously) and that this is all light hearted.

Not for North people it isn’t. Its all too recent and all too raw to ignore. Especially when it’s the only news on all forms of media.

If we all didn’t wear our hearts on our sleeve then the last 9 days of no footy would have been the last 13 years of no footy cause we wouldn’t have a bloody club.

Marc Macgowen?

If it was an opinion piece, then fine. She’s run with it as fact.

Marc Macgowen?

McGowan who picked off TG for having a beer after the season while watching his mate play?

Apprentice Caro.

I'll be honest I wasn't expecting this early today. It is a very heartening response from everyone involved with the club and I hope she gets the message

Guaranteed there will be a response from her though, and I desperately hope it's a snarky one about how she got under the skin of the whole NMFC. That's how we'll know she's rattled

Marc Macgowen?

He went the journos sometimes get it wrong route and then credited Caro with a 25 years of experience tag.
No one gives a s**t.

He was quite instrumental early last year in reporting on what was wrong at the club and how far off the pace we were.
In fact if it weren’t for McGowans reporting in early 2019 I doubt Brad would have gotten the sack.
And he did by using on field evidence and backed it with real stats. Credible work.

Lately though I’ve sensed a shift and he seems to go for the more opinionated pieces rather than sticking to real stories. Hope not when footy returns as he was one I looked to for quality reporting.

The only journo I know of whose footy opinion I rate is Roco and that’s only because he researches.
He should be the benchmark not the freaking outlier.
And the Age decide to give him the redundancy package.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guaranteed there will be a response from her though, and I desperately hope it's a snarky one about how she got under the skin of the whole NMFC. That's how we'll know she's rattled
She will say
"People don't like hearing the truth"
And
"I genuinely hope North can continue on in their current form but I'm just not sure that's realistic"

She will say
"People don't like hearing the truth"
And
"I genuinely hope North can continue on in their current form but I'm just not sure that's realistic"

Lionel Hutz likes this.

Did Hutchy seriously have a problem with Jyza giving him the most gentle of gentle ribbings? If so... fu** me he is a Donald Trump level of thin-skinned

It was pretty funny and will only get funnier over the years.

The club should always go on the attack! Somebody should remind Witchiepoo Wilson about how her old man contributed to the 30 years of s***ness at Richmond, as well as how even North supporters donated to the ‘Save Our Skins’ campaign, keeping her s*** club alive!

Last edited:
For something a little more positive, I figured sharing this Now 5 year old gem will bring some smiles to everyone’s faces.
One of my favourite videos to watch when I’m browsing the internet for more North stuff. Not sure how many here have already seen it. The bloke who made this (Gus McManus) is a true Shinboner!!!

Carter Carey = The Dry

Damn, I've been calling him 'The Magna'.

And so it begins.....

pack-michael-caine-10-peliculas-dvd-suspenso-retro-terror-D_NQ_NP_742012-MLA27305599193_052018-Q.jpg

He went the journos sometimes get it wrong route and then credited Caro with a 25 years of experience tag.
No one gives a s**t.

He was quite instrumental early last year in reporting on what was wrong at the club and how far off the pace we were.
In fact if it weren’t for McGowans reporting in early 2019 I doubt Brad would have gotten the sack.
And he did by using on field evidence and backed it with real stats. Credible work.

Lately though I’ve sensed a shift and he seems to go for the more opinionated pieces rather than sticking to real stories. Hope not when footy returns as he was one I looked to for quality reporting.

The only journo I know of whose footy opinion I rate is Roco and that’s only because he researches.
He should be the benchmark not the freaking outlier.
And the Age decide to give him the redundancy package.
I've noticed that about his work too. Disappointing.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

With all the backlash she’ll back peddle quicker than scooby doo and say she was mis quoted.
Lower that shark s**t this one.
Trying to make the tv show relevant, must have thought how can I get people talking about ME.
I reckon she will double down and continue to lay the boot in. It has been her life’s mission to see North Melbourne crumble and die and she is not going to give up just because she has been proven wrong.
Tonight’s episode of FC is going to be interesting, if it is still on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back