Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. Part 2 * CONTINUED ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the kindness which i hope other's on bigfooty could continue with over the year without the tit for tat.

We are all in this together so some kindness is a good thing

Yeah he's been very strong on saying stop. He had never been as audible as when he said stop hoarding.

How about STOP SPREADING THE VIRUS!

Unbelievable.

Honestly you think buying a small amount of supplies and having to go back continuously risking to increase virus spread is better? Jesus Christ.

You might have noticed that people like you cleared the shelves, meaning that others that were short of necessities had to continuously go out and try to find what they needed. So yes , hoarders cause it to spread more. Selfish cowards.

I never bought toilet paper during this time, I but enough for a year. Buy it if you need it but if your living on one packet or a few toilet rolls then maybe you need consider why you don't stock up considering it won't perish. Do you like buying toilet paper often?

I haven't seen shortages of food in supermarkets other panic buying of certain stuff. Do people not own freezers? Are people still experiencing toilet later or food shortages? Do you want people to shop a not increasing spread of Covid-19m

Well those people couldn't stock up because others thought the same as you and a few others on this forum.

Australia produces enough to feed its people three times over, according to the Agriculture Minister. The food would eventually arrive on the shelf. But when you have panic buyers and hoarders cleaning out the rice and pasta and forcing supermarkets to implement a priority hour or impose heavy limits on online shopping it's not a good thing. Do you think it's okay for the eldery and disabled to have to go out frequently to keep checking whether the pasta is back?

Off till July by the look of it. (I'm guessing the NSW measures includes AFL football). So do they run with 2 less teams if other states go different (highly unlikely) or we play the waiting game. December GF will be interesting.
NSW say they will be rolling back some measures at the end of June. That doesn't necessarily mean it will be enough for footy to return, just for Hillsong to hold their July conference.

You might have noticed that people like you cleared the shelves, meaning that others that were short of necessities had to continuously go out and try to find what they needed. So yes , hoarders cause it to spread more. Selfish cowards.

The people buying then sending supplies overseas was much more a factor. There’s a difference between hoarding and being prepared too.

I thought the mantra was that nobody was bigger than the clubs. Why do the clubs need money if they're not producing? I'd rather give my money to people that need it, or to help fight this virus.

Seems to me that everyone else has to do it tough but footballers want to stay home with a good wage playing Xbox?

So if a club doesn't get cash for a year ago its history is erased? The entitlement coming from AFL I thought I'd never see. I've said this before this pandemic is bringing the best and worst in us and AFL prima donnas they could care little about the public or the sport. They're enamored with the cash. I'm not sure how people will feel about the AFL after, it's starting to lose its spirit for me, unless I'm mistaken and it was already gone in the first place.

They have been money first for a long time.
They really don't give a monkeys about players welfare or the fans as long as the money keeps rolling in.
There are people on these forums who blindly continue to defend the actions of the AFL.
These people are very credulous when it comes any statements coming out of AFL house.
These same people would believe that if the AFL said it was Monday they would believe them, even though its Thursday.
These people are completely ineruite.
No educated person would disagree with my post

I never bought toilet paper during this time, I but enough for a year. Buy it if you need it but if your living on one packet or a few toilet rolls then maybe you need consider why you don't stock up considering it won't perish. Do you like buying toilet paper often?

I haven't seen shortages of food in supermarkets other panic buying of certain stuff. Do people not own freezers? Are people still experiencing toilet later or food shortages? Do you want people to shop a not increasing spread of Covid-19m
How big is your property? A lot of people don’t live in places that could easily fit a years supply of toilet paper or 3 months worth of frozen food. I don’t think it’s reasonable to assume everyone should be stocking up on 2-3 months of food because most either don’t have the money or room to do so.

They are sending frozen chips overseas?

More the TP, sanitizer, etc. I don’t eat frozen things in general anyway and most of my food is vegetable based.

I don’t believe for one second that these rolls and rolls of TP weren’t bought and sold for profits in China for instance

I didn't clear any shelves. I went to supermarkets once in the last 6 week as I bought an few essentials. But I was concerned about spread and was wearing my P2 masks which I night years ago, before you complain I hoarded that too.

I'm sure the reason the supermarkets didn't jack up the prices was because they knew they'd be crucified in the court of public opinion.
But in some ways it would have been the right thing to do.
Those who really needed it might pay 10 bucks or so extra.
Those hoarding it would be paying lots .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well those people couldn't stock up because others thought the same as you and a few others on this forum.

Australia produces enough to feed its people three times over, according to the Agriculture Minister. The food would eventually arrive on the shelf. But when you have panic buyers and hoarders cleaning out the rice and pasta and forcing supermarkets to implement a priority hour or impose heavy limits on online shopping it's not a good thing. Do you think it's okay for the eldery and disabled to have to go out frequently to keep checking whether the pasta is back?

I made sure elderly in I'm my community were looked after and still are. What have you done? How many times did you go buy toilet paper, honestly?

I didn't clear any shelves. I went to supermarkets once in the last 6 week as I bought an few essentials. But I was concerned about spread and was wearing my P2 masks which I night years ago, before you complain I hoarded that too.

OK , very sorry that i'd mentally categorised you as a selfish bastard hoarder.
I now realise you are merely paranoid. At least paranoia is a survival instinct.

More the TP, sanitizer, etc. I don’t eat frozen things in general anyway and most of my food is vegetable based.

I don’t believe for one second that these rolls and rolls of TP weren’t bought and sold for profits in China for instance

When the initial Chinese controls were introduced the daigous pivoted to sell toilet paper and hand sanitiser.

Of course now that the government has stepped in that died out virtually overnight. Thank god.

I made sure elderly in I'm my community were looked after and still are. What have you done? How many times did you go buy toilet paper, honestly?

Once, a 12 pack would last me for weeks. I maybe go shopping once every two weeks. You simply don't need to hoard for 3 months and my fridge/freezer cannot hold that much anyway.

How big is your property? A lot of people don’t live in places that could easily fit a years supply of toilet paper or 3 months worth of frozen food. I don’t think it’s reasonable to assume everyone should be stocking up on 2-3 months of food because most either don’t have the money or room to do so.

Admittedly I have the luxury of a lot space but then I'm not on my own. Either case if you live in a small place you get creative.

Buy vacuum bags to clear space. Make space. Reorganize your house. Buy flour instead of pasta and make your own and then you'll have way more and more tasty as well. Buy items that last longer but not freezer dinners. Learn to cook. Pot vegetables or herbs if you have some space for it.

That's just a few ideas. It's like we need to our hands held like five year olds when most of us clearly capable but then complain when disadvantaged people are left out but aren't able to look after themselves.

When the initial Chinese controls were introduced the daigous pivoted to sell toilet paper and hand sanitiser.

Of course now that the government has stepped in that died out virtually overnight. Thank god.

Once, a 12 pack would last me for weeks. I maybe go shopping once every two weeks. You simply don't need to hoard for 3 months and my fridge/freezer cannot hold that much anyway.

A normal size fridge freezer should be able to store enough meat or vegetables for are meat 1 or 2 months if stored properly for two people.

They were doing that with baby formula long before this pandemic started so it wouldn't surprise me if they were doing it with toilet paper as well.

Deservedly so. What did the PM say....STOP HOARDING. 3 months is hoarding.
Buying 3 months of food means you're denying 3 months of food to other people in society and become the reason why we had to have a priority hour for the elderly and disabled.

It would be nice if people thought about others when loading about 100 rolls of toilet paper into their trolley.
I don't know anyone who has 100 rolls it must be a city thing because aldi don't stock much. So if Roby, Myself or somebody buy 3 or 4 packets of 2 minute noodles for a dollar each is that hoarding? FB_IMG_1585795760287.jpg

I don't know anyone who has 100 rolls it must be a city thing because aldi don't stock much. So if Roby, Myself or somebody buy 3 or 4 packets of 2 minute noodles for a dollar each is that hoarding? View attachment 851121

20 packs of instant noodles is 20 meals and would last you 7 days. You're misrepresenting what I stated - that buying 3 months of food is unnecessary, and I'd argue selfish.

20 packs of instant noodles is 20 meals and would last you 7 days. You're misrepresenting what I stated - that buying 3 months of food is unnecessary, and I'd argue selfish.
Your overreacting plus assuming things as you have no idea how much somone eats as you don't live in other people's homes to see what they eat. Some people are small eaters and a month worth of food for some people is three months for others. Plus some people always buy for months as they have many kids and also people live out on farms 30 to 100+ kilometers away from shops. Do you have kids??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back