Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. Part 2 * CONTINUED ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it was THEIR choice to travel..lets not pretend this pandemic happened a week ago!

They aren't paying for anything, get 3 meals a day, get doctors visits every 4 hours, room service, etc

Does this scream hardship?

Bunch of self entitled people and Bingle the worst of them!
I saw an interview with one lady where she was complaining that the government was separating children and their families, because they wouldn't let her leave and go back home to her 17 old daughter.
1: bitch, you already left her yourself to go on holiday
2: at 17 she isn't a child and can take care of herself for a few weeks (clearly you think so since you already left her on her own). And at 17 she is probably loving it.

Look they have food a shelter and bed. They will survive. Just pointing out that a) It is not 5 star and b) The spread was more likely caused by o/seas tourists etc spreading this during Feb and march before the lockdowns got serious. (The actual data shows since people have been warned the acceleration hasn't got out of control so most people are doing the right thing). But in all cases those who are fine will tough it out those who have any struggles (mental, work, health, financial) are about to be ruthlessly exposed. It isn't easy to say everyone stay home and watch netflix for 2 weeks as this could go longer and not everyone is in a great place to begin with.

As to the footy postponements. AFL have also said players have the right (am paraphrasing here but I think a 1 month mini preseason). So does that mean once restrictions are lifted they play. In which case we start August. Or other states can train apart from NSW if their restrictions are still in. AFL are in a really bad spot here. Running out of time and cash. They will however make a 10 game season if they have to.

Once stayed there for a night. The room itself is simply a bed and bathroom. TV at the end. Guess on measure but maybe 4 by 3m. It is tiny. The 5 star component is for the buffet restaurants, pool, gym, access to crown and conference room. They get none of that. Can't use their money to buy s**t either as no delivery is allowed. Also only can have what they bought in luggage. So if they didn't bring a laptop, DVD player, Game console on holiday they have TV and their window for entertainment. It would suck.
5 star hotels have rooms bigger than 4m by 3m , mate. They are staying in rooms that cost about 1500 a week and they would be huge.

I saw an interview with one lady where she was complaining that the government was separating children and their families, because they wouldn't let her leave and go back home to her 17 old daughter.
2: at 17 she isn't a child and can take care of herself for a few weeks (clearly you think so since you already left her on her own). And at 17 she is probably loving it.

What could go wrong, Cory Worthington was only 16 when his parents left him home alone.

5 star hotels have rooms bigger than 4m by 3m , mate. They are staying in rooms that cost about 1500 a week and they would be huge.

Stayed in 1 of the rooms once. The penthouses may be huge but your standard rooms that they are all straing out of are tiny. Looks like they are in the promenade which is a separate building. Probably a poster on here who could explain it.

Its 2 weeks! Stop the whinging and do your part for the greater good of society. We wouldn’t be in this situation if every single overseas traveler actually self isolated. You get off a plane and you go home it’s wasn’t hard. You don’t go to your local cafe or see cousins, you go home. They can’t be trusted to do the right thing. It’s a small price to pay for the greater good of society

To be fair.

Why on earth can't they have Play stations, Laptops , Take away food , brought in on occasion. I can't see how quarantine conditions would preclude such things?

We don't know whether the actual people in question can be trusted. We know the other people who did it couldn't.
Generalising about the nature of all travellers based on what others have done is stupid.
Yes enforced quarantine is a good idea, but spare the hatred, they are Australians who have done nothing wrong, except a bit of whinging.
People whinge on big footy all the time.

5 star hotels aren't purely based on the room, most of the criteria is actually the amenities outside the room or the level of housekeeping which these rooms aren't getting. I would go crazy having to spend 14 days in a small room with only my suitcase worth of clothes, however in times like these I would like to think I would suck it up and realise why its needed.

5 star hotels aren't purely based on the room, most of the criteria is actually the amenities outside the room or the level of housekeeping which these rooms aren't getting. I would go crazy having to spend 14 days in a small room with only my suitcase worth of clothes, however in times like these I would like to think I would suck it up and realise why its needed.

I don't see their complaining as anything worse than all the complaining about their complaining on this thread.
Seems to be general hatred for them, when their only crime was to be overseas at the wrong time.
Particularly a lot of it seems to be surrogate hatred, that should actually be addressed to the Aspen spreaders.

To be fair.

Why on earth can't they have Play stations, Laptops , Take away food , brought in on occasion. I can't see how quarantine conditions would preclude such things?

We don't know whether the actual people in question can be trusted. We know the other people who did it couldn't.
Generalising about the nature of all travellers based on what others have done is stupid.
Yes enforced quarantine is a good idea, but spare the hatred, they are Australians who have done nothing wrong, except a bit of whinging.
People whinge on big footy all the time.

It is one of those this is why we can't have nice things issues, because others are morons everyone has to suffer and no doubt some of the idiots currently in the hotels would also have done the wrong thing.

So our options are everyone in a hotel for 2 weeks or everyone goes home with ankle monitors and massive fines for leaving your designated address.

It is one of those this is why we can't have nice things issues, because others are morons everyone has to suffer and no doubt some of the idiots currently in the hotels would also have done the wrong thing.

So our options are everyone in a hotel for 2 weeks or everyone goes home with ankle monitors and massive fines for leaving your designated address.

Yeah i agree we need to keep them there.
But i don't hate them for it.

Heard pieces of that interview too. She is almost an adult if you didn’t want to leave her don’t go on the holiday lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once stayed there for a night. The room itself is simply a bed and bathroom. TV at the end. Guess on measure but maybe 4 by 3m. It is tiny. The 5 star component is for the buffet restaurants, pool, gym, access to crown and conference room. They get none of that. Can't use their money to buy s**t either as no delivery is allowed. Also only can have what they bought in luggage. So if they didn't bring a laptop, DVD player, Game console on holiday they have TV and their window for entertainment. It would suck.
Yeah for sure, but shut up and deal with it, it's two weeks, not two years.

******* Woolies unashamedly going the gouge, $130+ shop this morning for stuff that rarely comes in much over $100, nice...
The supermarkets are the one place still doing a trade; but they cutting hours and cluttering aisles, forcing people to group together more.
Our local Coles has just had pallets of Coke (which gets shlved 8 or 9 aisles away) camped in front of where the toilet paper used to be for the past two weeks or more, blocking the aisle and making "social distancing" impossible. Anything to hide constantly empty shelves I guess.

Microwaved food is better than no food, dickhead. Especially when it is only for a short time and they aren't paying for it. Such a shame they cant call Uber Eats either, what a massive sacrifice to make when thousands of others have lost their jobs and don't know when their next pay is coming. We should all feel so sorry for these victims locked up in hotel rooms!
It wouldn't be a nice place to be stuck in, I understand the complaints - especially ones that are in a small inner room with no balcony or anything.
Its better than being stuck in a prison camp on Christmas Island or something though. At this point, its a nasty necessity - and most people had little warning this was going to happen. Shutting off like this was being denied by officialdom just a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone who left the country in the past two weeks should have known the risk they were taking.
Much before that, it wasn't on most people's radar; and certainly not as an Australian problem. Even in early March it was only if you were a non-Australian had been in mainland China, go and infect a third nation for two weeks before you come here.

Its pretty hard to "don't travel" retrospectively.

So these people have been on holidays since January- February? Pigs fly too. Not as if no one has known about it. Plenty of time to come home and or cancel your trip.

Slo-Mo on soon. New measures or just telling us everything is going well and everyone to go back outside in May with round 2 to commence?

Lol. You said you aren’t politicising this.

Scomo and all of the premiers have been fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So these people have been on holidays since January- February? Pigs fly too. Not as if no one has known about it. Plenty of time to come home and or cancel your trip.

How do you know it was a vacation?
Whatever , the whinging and whining about them here, is at least much to do about nothing as their whining in the first place.

'everything else in life' is a bit extreme considering the general message at the moment is to stay at home.

You can still go outside for fresh air, go and buy food you want to eat.

These are important things which the people in quarantine can not do. And why?

Why not let them order in ubereats or receive care packages from family?

Are we not by your logic giving up most things in life as it is? If you're going to do it, might as well do it in style.

Yes. The average Australian has rolled over and said 'do whatever you want to me, daddy government. Do anything you want'.

It has been phenomenal to see.

Also, I grew up in Werribee so that should answer a few questions.
Touche.

How do you know it was a vacation?
Whatever , the whinging and whining about them here, is at least much to do about nothing as their whining in the first place.

If it was work they could have even come home earlier. I’ve cancelled about 2 trips and 3 conferences, I’ve lost a fair bit but I’m not silly I didn’t leave. In fact flat out told my parents to not leave and I’d reimburse their trip expenses. I don’t feel you should complain if you are not paying for this accommodation. Not as if they are paying $200+ a night (probably more) that these places go for.

Rogan looking on the bright-side...

This is a better video to watch.

Lol. You said you aren’t politicising this.

Scomo and all of the premiers have been fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have empirical evidence or is it just your ignorant opinion?

Is Slo-Mo still trying to go to the NRL?
Is Daniel Andrews still trying to attend the Grand Prix?
Has Gladys worked out that highly infected cruise ships are not a good idea to disembark and mingle?
Maybe Palaszczuk will want a recount in QLD when she loses the election?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back