e-AFL e-AFL Round 3 - Geelong vs Hawthorn @GMHBA Stadium Saturday 4th April 7pm - Hawthorn 86 D Geelong 80

Remove this Banner Ad

e-AFL Round 3 - Geelong v Hawthorn at GMHBA Stadium

Welcome to this Round 3 clash of BigFooty's very own, inaugural 2020 e-AFL Premiership Season. With the real season in limbo, our team will be recreating the terminated AFL season in a series of simulated games over the coming weeks, in a jam-packed, action-filled series of 153 games plus a finals series.

These are simulated games, using the names of AFL players, but all teams have an equal chance. There is as much hope for Suns supporters as there is for the West Coast fans of a premiership at the end. There is no home ground advantage, and the weather conditions are random but do affect the type of game.

The sim program also gives votes towards a Brownlow Medal for each game, which will be compiled and a winner announced during finals.

With so little else on, sit back and cheer your e-AFL team to victory.

For all the people new to Qooty, the simulation does have its quirks.​

• There are no ball-ups or boundary throw ins​
  • A line of text often carries over after the siren to the next quarter. But in the final quarter, it doesn't matter if the ball is in the air when the siren sounds, the game ends.​
  • It is not impossible to kick a goal from the wing​
  • Brownlow votes are generated by the program, and stored off-site to be revealed at end-of season.​

Team threads below

GEELONG

HAWTHORN

Preview

Geelong and Hawthorn will both be looking to build on their undefeated starts to the season and consolidate their spots in the top 4. With a genuine hatred for each other this game may well be decided by who has the sharpest left jab.

Teams to be listed once named.

Jack The Godfather SarahSmiles

I may as well put myself in 14 day isolation after travelling over to the Hawthorn board to copy and paste their team thread. The virus spreads like wildfire over there.

Too scared to take us on at the G? Will be very funny when we flog you at the cheat ground
We beat you 12 times in a row at the G before we got bored of winning.

We beat you 12 times in a row at the G before we got bored of winning.
Yeah but we won '08 denying you the 3-peat :)

Flags:
Hawthorn: 13
Geelong: 9
3-peats:
Hawthorn: 1
Geelong: 0

The stats don't lie.

Yeah but we won '08 denying you the 3-peat :)

Flags:
Hawthorn: 13
Geelong: 16
3-peats:
Hawthorn: 1
Geelong: 2

The stats don't lie.
No they don't

The HFC would kill for a history as good as ours.
History is something expansion franchises don’t get the luxury of having.

They’re essentially a cheap gimmick to sucker imbecile’s and troglodyte’s into football fandom. This is their legacy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SarahSmiles, thought it might be a nice idea to share some classic Geelong vs Hawthorn photos, I'll start with this one:

Geelong celebrate on top of Tom Hawkins after he kicked the ...

SarahSmiles, thought it might be a nice idea to share some classic Geelong vs Hawthorn photos, I'll start with this one:

Geelong celebrate on top of Tom Hawkins after he kicked the ...
Perfect. It's 2 years to the day since this

I just remember going absolutely crazy as the siren went. One of the best games I've been to for sure

Perfect. It's 2 years to the day since this

I just remember going absolutely berserk as he put this through. One of the best games I've been to for sure

I know I'm meant to be bantering against Hawthorn but I have to also admit that that match is certainly in my top-5 matches I've been too even though we lost. Great atmosphere, high scoring, exciting and really close. It was also the first time I got to see Gazza back playing for Geelong in person which was really awesome

This was my favourite part though:

this is eAFL dont forget - there is virtually no rivalry yet.

eHawks on top with 2 from 2, how are eGellonk travelling?
Did Nth Melbourne fold?

Fixed that for you. ;)
Flogging a dead horse. We get it, you'v won VAFA flags. We still win flags more often than you and if, like we should we only count V/AFL flags then we win them more and more frequently!

Flogging a dead horse. We get it, you'v won VAFA flags. We still win flags more often than you and if, like we should we only count V/AFL flags then we win them more and more frequently!
You finish last more frequently too.

OFFICIAL GEELONG TEAM SHEET ROUND 3 vs Hawthorn

B: M O'Connor - M Blicavs - J Henry
HB: T Stewart - H Taylor - J Clark
C: M Duncan - P Dangerfield - J Steven
HF: G Miers - E Ratugolea - B Parfitt
F: G Rohan - T Hawkins - N Cockatoo
Foll: D Fort - J Selwood - G Ablett

INT: S.Menegola - Q Narkle

Changes:

B Parfitt - Out > HFF
T Atkins - HFF > Out
Z Guthrie - W > Out
Q Narkle - Out > Int
J Steven - Int > W

Ant Bear

What do you disagree about SarahSmiles? If I can include more Aboriginal players I will.
I disagree with Geelong football club as an establishment. But then again, I love to hate you guys and don't think our clubs would survive with out each other

Remove this Banner Ad

Back