Official Match Thread Season 29 Round 10 - Dragons FFC vs Sin City Swamprats at Ljp86’s Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

Over on the main board there's a thread discussing which team has the biggest supporter base/which team has the smallest

If there were a similar list created for the SFA, there's one certainty: the Dragons would be anchored to the bottom
Supporter base? I'm not sure what game you think you're playing, mate...but there are no supporters in this competition. This is a randomised sim: there aren't hundreds of non-playing BigFooty members hiding in the shadows with little "Swamprat" flags.

Over on the main board there's a thread discussing which team has the biggest supporter base/which team has the smallest

If there were a similar list created for the SFA, there's one certainty: the Dragons would be anchored to the bottom
And the answer for the AFL teams is West Coast and Gold Coast. No contest.

Supporter base? I'm not sure what game you think you're playing, mate...but there are no supporters in this competition. This is a randomised sim: there aren't hundreds of non-playing BigFooty members hiding in the shadows with little "Swamprat" flags.

Think of it this way - if every player in the SFA was asked to name all the teams in the competition, the Dragons would certainly be the last team they'd list

Think of it this way - if every player in the SFA was asked to name all the teams in the competition, the Dragons would certainly be the last team they'd list

And unlike eating a cake (where you save the best part (the icing) for last), they're not saving the Dragons for last on purpose

Lol who is this guy, did you change your name recently, or have I just never heard of you before?

... that we know of

Lol who is this guy, did you change your name recently, or have I just never heard of you before?

Can't believe you've never heard of me, Season 27 'The Edge' Rising Ruck Award Winner and Season 27 Premiership Player

However, in August last year I changed my name from SparkleNarkle to Sparkle, and my posting form has been very patchy, so there's a fair chance I didn't get right into a thread against the Dragons in S27 or S28

I call bullshit.

8033.1531.HjQAQLu3Ebi_OYFG-stpvw.full.jpg

If you're talking about brand familiarity, the Dragons wouldn't be at the top of the pile, but certainly wouldn't be at the bottom. The Gumbies surely have that title (or do they...)

And if you're talking about how well liked a team is throughout the competition, we'll use NaturalDisaster 's mid season survey as an indicator. I'll use the two questions "Who has been your favourite team to post against thus far?" (+1) and "Who has been your least favourite team to post against thus far?" (-1) as quantitative measurements.

Here's the results from the seven pages of responses so far:
+5 - Demons
+3 - Warriors
+2 - Royals
+1 - Gumbies
+1 - Roys
+0 - Wonders
+0 - Furies
-1 - Bears
-2 - Dragons
-2 - Hawks
-4 - Bombers

So: Dragons not the most disliked. BUT you'll notice that one particular team got NO VOTES AT ALL. They were completely IRRELEVANT with no one having any passion towards them one way or another.
:think::think::think::think:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So: Dragons not the most disliked. BUT you'll notice that one particular team got NO VOTES ARE ALL. They were completely IRRELEVANT with no one having any passion towards them one way or another.

I'll take that, we're here and we're humming along but we're not really getting in the way. Being neutral sure beats having negative votes

Sparkle best you slink out of this thread now mate, before you get SLAMMED with anymore truth bombs. philreich i reckon you'd better delist this scrub before he embarrasses you any further.

Can't believe you've never heard of me, Season 27 'The Edge' Rising Ruck Award Winner and Season 27 Premiership Player

However, in August last year I changed my name from SparkleNarkle to Sparkle, and my posting form has been very patchy, so there's a fair chance I didn't get right into a thread against the Dragons in S27 or S28

So... both.

I'll take that, we're here and we're humming along but we're not really getting in the way. Being neutral sure beats having negative votes
The Rats are the doorstops of SFA, buddy. Invisible and hiding in a corner. Maybe if it upsets you so much you could think of a way of improving your team's profile without just talking baseless smack.

The Rats are the doorstops of SFA, buddy. Invisible and hiding in a corner. Maybe if it upsets you so much you could think of a way of improving your team's profile without just talking baseless smack.

Us rats do our best work in the shadows. Say goodbye to your delicious electrical conduit. NBN cable too.

Us rats do our best work in the shadows. Say goodbye to your delicious electrical conduit. NBN cable too.
That's fine if you're happy with doing that. Each to their own. But the fact is that Sparkle called out the Dragons for being the least known team in SFA, and I've called him out for his bullshit with cold hard evidence.

I disagree. Measure my moral greatness by the enemies I have acquired.

there aren't hundreds of non-playing BigFooty members hiding in the shadows with little "Swamprat" flags.
You obviously haven't played at the underground stadium. At full capacity every week as fans flock in from all different boards to watch the champion team!

If you're talking about brand familiarity, the Dragons wouldn't be at the top of the pile, but certainly wouldn't be at the bottom. The Gumbies surely have that title (or do they...)

And if you're talking about how well liked a team is throughout the competition, we'll use NaturalDisaster 's mid season survey as an indicator. I'll use the two questions "Who has been your favourite team to post against thus far?" (+1) and "Who has been your least favourite team to post against thus far?" (-1) as quantitative measurements.

Here's the results from the seven pages of responses so far:
+5 - Demons
+3 - Warriors
+2 - Royals
+1 - Gumbies
+1 - Roys
+0 - Wonders
+0 - Furies
-1 - Bears
-2 - Dragons
-2 - Hawks
-4 - Bombers

So: Dragons not the most disliked. BUT you'll notice that one particular team got NO VOTES AT ALL. They were completely IRRELEVANT with no one having any passion towards them one way or another.
Since when has been flexing that you have a negative score in a survey where you want a positive score a thing?

Since when has been flexing that you have a negative score in a survey where you want a positive score a thing?
It was more to do with Old Mate's original claim about no-one knowing who the Dragons were. Well...love us or hate us, we were in the top four for mentions in that survey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back