Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. Part 2 * CONTINUED ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This article has details on the legal issues, & legal actions, that nation states can take against China for its covid-19 lies & cover-ups (concerning damages claims over China's culpability for covid-19).

The claims will be in many trillions of $.

"No one expects that China will fulfill its (payment of damages- my words) obligations...States could resort (legally, but not by military action- my words) to self help. The law of state responsibility permits injured states to take lawful counter measures against China by suspending their own compliance with obligations owed to China...".

States could refuse to pay any monies/goods in kind etc. owed to China- and/or ban it from International Organisations.

Last edited:
I will call bullshit on the guy claiming his doctor friend had a model that showed 1 mil infected by the end of April. That was pure scaremongering.
Yes scaremongering by being 27 days too late ...
Edit disregard it was Australia only.

Nope.

Before it even gets to the store food is thrown out and wasted because we have a picky consumer.

Wastage is around 50%'
A lot of food in supermarkets gets shipped elsewhere because people don't buy it or world be thrown out. Despite this they still throw out about 10%.

You have no idea.

I have no idea... yet you are talking about completely unrelated topics, the food will be thrown out regardless it is not going to shops.

The shops only get in what they need they can't just pivot and bring in massive amounts of random garbage food.

Stop fear mongering and talking rubbish

So apparently the AFL is looking at June 11th for a start back date of the AFL.

How is this even possible with border control laws.
Are AFL kidding themselves?

If the numbers hold in a place like Tasmania, there is no reason why the clubs could not get special permission to enter the State, observe 14 day quarantine procedures, then resume games in empty stadiums. 800 listed players plus associated staff are a fair few but I am sure there would be hotels and accommodation that could take care of them.

It will all depend on how the numbers are tracking and if/when States start relaxing restrictions.

If the numbers hold in a place like Tasmania, there is no reason why the clubs could not get special permission to enter the State, observe 14 day quarantine procedures, then resume games in empty stadiums. 800 listed players plus associated staff are a fair few but I am sure there would be hotels and accommodation that could take care of them.

It will all depend on how the numbers are tracking and if/when States start relaxing restrictions.
Exactly right, which is why I don’t think it’s an unrealistic target at this stage. Clearly if by mid May things have turned for the worst again, the date will be revised. This at least gives the clubs a tentative target for a restart so players can be trained up accordingly.

Yeah, which was predicated by the comment if we don't lower the rate of infection it means this in 6-7 weeks.

Are you thick? How is this a hard concept to understand?

Our rate of infection has lowered, I would revise the numbers to the below, if we can maintain the current spread. However some people are skeptical of the large drop on the 25/3, as some believe there may have been a fundamental change in the testing type/reporting as it's far to big of a drop in data terms.

View attachment 849216
Unders on deaths 28 vs 20 but pretty accurate on current infections.

I have no idea... yet you are talking about completely unrelated topics, the food will be thrown out regardless it is not going to shops.

The shops only get in what they need they can't just pivot and bring in massive amounts of random garbage food.

Stop fear mongering and talking rubbish

Nope. You have no idea.

It's not "garbage" food. In many instances it's better than the actual delivered food. People are picky on aesthetics.

Also a full trolley of food should last your for one or two months if you no how to preserve food and not waste.

People like you are the problem, overt selfish consumers with none little understanding of manufacturing or agriculture, you're the worst problem.

Have a look at video below at one stage they talk about filling up your trolley end making less trips. There is no food shortage issue. There is a pandemic issue.

I think the discussion needs to be had regarding the mental health of sports fans.

For some, their lives are concentrated on sport full-time. They literally live and breath every minute of sport they see. This current situation is going to have a dramatic affect on their lives.

Harden up, princesses

I think the discussion needs to be had regarding the mental health of sports fans.

For some, their lives are concentrated on sport full-time. They literally live and breath every minute of sport they see. This current situation is going to have a dramatic affect on their lives.

If not having live sport on TV has a 'dramatic effect' on your life then you honestly have bigger issues to deal with.

Its probably the greatest slap in the face to tassie if they are also denied their own team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Numbers have looked pretty good for the last week. Linear growth. And over the last 24hrs our number of active cases has barely gone up. They're small signs but they give hope that *something* is working. I would like to see our test numbers compared to other countries at the same point though.

Numbers have looked pretty good for the last week. Linear growth. And over the last 24hrs our number of active cases has barely gone up. They're small signs but they give hope that *something* is working. I would like to see our test numbers compared to other countries at the same point though.
We've tested more of our population than any other country.

Yep, alot of changes to veryones life, but the good thing, is it might be a time to reflect on their lives a bit as well.......find new interests once we are all through this

We've tested more of our population than any other country.

On a per capita basis we are behind Iceland and maybe some others, and some speculate that it's number of tests and not number of people (many are tested multiple times), but yes we are definitely not lagging behind when it comes to testing.

I prefer not to buy into doom and gloom scenarios which many are peddling when the numbers we see every day are improving.

On a per capita basis we are behind Iceland and maybe some others, and some speculate that it's number of tests and not number of people (many are tested multiple times), but yes we are definitely not lagging behind when it comes to testing.

I prefer not to buy into doom and gloom scenarios which many are peddling when the numbers we see every day are improving.
ABC were claiming we're the only country to test 1% of our population last night.

Admittedly I only had it in the background.

ABC were claiming we're the only country to test 1% of our population last night.

Admittedly I only had it in the background.

Iceland has tested more than 5% of its population but they are only 350,000 people.

Might be for countries larger than 1 million in population or something.

Yep, alot of changes to veryones life, but the good thing, is it might be a time to reflect on their lives a bit as well.......find new interests once we are all through this

Yep agreed and that's not diminishing the mental health side which is very serious. I am fine, building a veggie garden

I like seeing the positive test results trend down but I feel it means little unless they publish the total number of tests completed every 24 hours also.

Say yesterday was 120 positive from 2000 tests but today was 91 positive from 1000 tests, means no bueno?
The number in ICU is the only stat that really matters, because we aren't/can't test everyone. If we go another fortnight with no massive increase then I'm confident we will already have beaten the peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back