Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. Part 2 * CONTINUED ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The number in ICU is the only stat that really matters, because we aren't/can't test everyone. If we go another fortnight with no massive increase then I'm confident we will already have beaten the peak.

Current ICU tally is 84 nationwide. Well within limits and at the current rate easily tolerated by the health system.

*touch wood*

Yep agreed and that's not diminishing the mental health side which is very serious. I am fine, building a veggie garden

I haven't had to resort to any new hobbies yet, still working 5 days (mainly from home) but will get a bit bored eventually. lucky can still go for a run or walk so frees the mind a bit for me (also getting fitter which ive been aiming for)

Id definitely miss footy if i still played it (haven't played for 4 years now) and id miss AFL if i was 20 yrs old but even before all of this id try and watch the Carlton game and maybe bits of pieces of one or two other games. Its not the great love it was back when i was a teenager.

I like seeing the positive test results trend down but I feel it means little unless they publish the total number of tests completed every 24 hours also.

Say yesterday was 120 positive from 2000 tests but today was 91 positive from 1000 tests, means no bueno?

There you go.

Nope. You have no idea.

It's not "garbage" food. In many instances it's better than the actual delivered food. People are picky on aesthetics.

Also a full trolley of food should last your for one or two months if you no how to preserve food and not waste.

People like you are the problem, overt selfish consumers with none little understanding of manufacturing or agriculture, you're the worst problem.

Have a look at video below at one stage they talk about filling up your trolley end making less trips. There is no food shortage issue. There is a pandemic issue.

You have no idea about me or what you are taking about.

The production cycle can not pivot to suddenly provide all this 'waste' food to stores and supermarkets supply chains are designed for convenience not for everyone to stock up.

Anyway besides all this even in the worst countries China where they physically locked people in their houses and italy where everyone is dropping like flies you can still go to the supermarket.

There is no need for everyone to buy months worth of food as you are suggesting.

I haven't had to resort to any new hobbies yet, still working 5 days (mainly from home) but will get a bit bored eventually. lucky can still go for a run or walk so frees the mind a bit for me (also getting fitter which ive been aiming for)

Id definitely miss footy if i still played it (haven't played for 4 years now) and id miss AFL if i was 20 yrs old but even before all of this id try and watch the Carlton game and maybe bits of pieces of one or two other games. Its not the great love it was back when i was a teenager.

I miss footy like nothing before but sometimes it is nice in a way to step back and appreciate the small things in life.

Interestingly , nearly half the Victorian cases have recovered. If NSW is tracking similarly, it means recoveries are keeping up with new infections, and our hospitals should not overload, though i'm sure the severe cases also have longer recovery.
NSW ICU cases dropped by 1 overnight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you suggesting the virus is planning on striking back?

There's no vaccine and no drugs even available yet (approx June to July for the drugs). Lets wait till then, then slowly dial back restrictions.

I think the discussion needs to be had regarding the mental health of sports fans.

For some, their lives are concentrated on sport full-time. They literally live and breath every minute of sport they see. This current situation is going to have a dramatic affect on their lives.
you're *in kidding aren't you?

maybe if you're a 40-year member of the Geelong cheer squad but * me.

actual mental health – ya know, proper depression and bipolar and personality disorders – are not so flimsy they're triggered by the footy not being on. people went through wars, great depressions, harsher worldwide flus and did it in squalid conditions in the freezing cold with rationed food and no entertainment.

Brother in law is a sparky and his mob are apparently helping to convert jeffs shed to a makeshift hospital.

They are still preparing for the worst.
They should be.

CMO:

The highest testing rate in the world apparently

Reckons the US numbers are even higher

Us then south korea by totally numbers
Aus for per capita

Will be interesting to see where we go from here.

Wage subsidies are in place for 6 months but its still best to get things moving as soon as possible without endangering the country.

Do we keep the current lockdown measures in place for another 3 months or slowly ease up restrictions each fortnight and test the waters before re-evaluating.

The key is to monitor ICU as well as overall testing numbers. So long as we keep the ICU being overwhelmed we wont see catastrophic numbers.

Best case scenario is that effective treatments become scientifically accepted that keep ICU numbers down and reduce the severity so that within 3-6 months we can ease up most of the restrictions

International borders shouldnt be opened until a vaccine is basically universally available but we can get the Australian economy going again just by having effective treatments in the meantime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back