2020 Music

Remove this Banner Ad

listened to the new Pearl Jam album...apparently the band leaked it deliberately.

it's one of their better efforts IMO
if you're a fan i think you'll enjoy it, if you're not then i doubt this will win you over cause there's nothing revolutionary or "oh s**t" brilliant going on here.
it's a solid record.

I've been listening back to PJ the last couple days, particularly No Code/Ten this time around (I've tended to stan Vs./Yield/Avo in the past). Ready for it.

A solid Riot Act 2.0 sort of record would do me mighty fine. I liked the 1st single Superblood Wolfmoon a little bit more.

The new Dua Lipa (similarly leaked) was also pushed up to same-day release so should be good. Makes sense to push up release dates a little if its ready to go.

listened to the new Pearl Jam album...apparently the band leaked it deliberately.

it's one of their better efforts IMO
if you're a fan i think you'll enjoy it, if you're not then i doubt this will win you over cause there's nothing revolutionary or "oh s**t" brilliant going on here.
it's a solid record.
Big PJ fan, been looking forward to it. I'll probably just wait until Friday to give it a listen. An hour long as well, pretty unusual in the modern streaming age.

Big PJ fan, been looking forward to it. I'll probably just wait until Friday to give it a listen. An hour long as well, pretty unusual in the modern streaming age.
it's probably too long. i'd happily lose the last 2 songs, which are pretty much just down tempo meandering, for a shorter tighter experience.

Gave the Tame Impala album a listen a couple of nights ago. Felt like every song had me either bored out of my mind or thinking that it was the worst Tame song I'd heard. Production and mixing were top notch, but not much depth to along with it.

It always seems pretty trite to say but Tame Impala have become unbearably overrated, and it already seems anyone who isn't a hardcore Tame Impala fan has forgotten about The Slow Rush already.

I wasn't a massive fan of Currents, but I always put that down to it not fitting a certain aesthetic I'd come to expect after LP's 1 and 2, but I think it was more Kevin Parker started writing more universally and contriving ideas, which revealed a certain emptiness in his lyrics. It's always existed, but it hardly seemed noteworthy previously. Now it's front and centre.

Also, there are just no really strong singles on this LP - that is an absolute killer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me it feels like a true continuation of Binaural-Riot-Avocado era, which exceeds my expectations. For the fans, but beautiful. Like Wilco last year, nice to see a resurgent old fave.

Apple Music was all over the shop this morning. Tried to add it since Friday is new music day, but it wasn’t available. Said March 29 release. Up now though, giving it a first listen now (bit quieter than I’d prefer as the kids are in bed).

Apple Music was all over the shop this morning. Tried to add it since Friday is new music day, but it wasn’t available. Said March 29 release. Up now though, giving it a first listen now (bit quieter than I’d prefer as the kids are in bed).
I noticed that March 29 thing too, and this was one of those annoying US-time releases from the looks of it.

For me it feels like a true continuation of Binaural-Riot-Avocado era, which exceeds my expectations. For the fans, but beautiful. Like Wilco last year, nice to see a resurgent old fave.
Yeah agree with your assessment. Can hair a fair bit of riot act in a few of the songs. Pretty solid album. Good rockers and some good slow songs. One or two duds but that's to be expected.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

I just love the female voice, this is Kandace Springs a perfect example of how good the female voice can be. From her new album "The Women Who Raised Me". A wonderful laidback album.

Last edited:
The new Pink Siifu is an instant classic. Incredible album. Don't remember an album striking me this way since I first heard Red Burns by Standing on the Corner, and I consider Red Burns to be a 10/10.

I hope the sound collage approach is a trend that is really embraced this decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back