What things are you too young for at the age of 30?

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
- incontinence
- having a fall
- injuries without an anecdote
- things you'd rather do than sex
- responsibility

As a sort of mirror for my previous thread: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/what-things-are-you-too-old-for-at-the-age-of-30.1207253/

What are you too young for at the age of 30?

- cruise ships
- voting liberal
- golf
- complaining about neighbours music on a fri or sat night
- refusing plans because you have gardening to do
- talking incessantly about the parking situation at your work, or the politics of your office job

Thank God I've only done 1.5 of those things this year.

I would also say:
-To worry about getting Corona Virus yourself
- To quit Tinder
- To complain about how AFL/anything was better in your day/bitch about the yoof of today
- To plan your retirement
- To argue for more Police powers

- varicose veins
- super/pension obsession
- guttering obsession
- knee socks/shorts/tucked-in shirt/skin cancer scars look
- letter (or if more evolved a verbose ranty email) to the editor/council/ABC
- needing help to use any ubiquitous piece of modern tech
- Anzac Day anecdotes/warries
- fitting in with the teas n biscuits n clutched pearls crowd after Sunday service
- to perceive global warming as a belief or choice or hoax
- anecdotes about dripping, conversion to decimal currency, queuing up around the block for Star Wars on release
- remembering what the 80s was like
- watching 7mate or fishing shows
- reading Louis L'Amour and stories about rustlers
- thinking that you are owed grandchildren and regular calls from your offspring
- regular trips to the shops just to quell your loneliness and chat to unnecessary frontline workers, preferably during peak period
- mid-afternoon supper
- Clint Eastwood being your biggest Hollywood draw
- post-dadrock
- walking your daughter down the aisle
- looking perplexed or campaignery when someone asks about the vegetarian option at a BBQ
- ever bringing up the local council in conversation
- looking forward to Sunday roast

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WHERE THE fu** HAVE YOU BEEN

been chasing the dream really. but now there's nothing to do so thought may as well jump on BF and chat some s**t!

- having a fall

i was thinking about this recently when I toyed with the idea of taking up skateboarding. as (sober) adults we almost never fall over, while kids are falling over all the time. I reckon this is why things like skating are seen as juvenile pursuits. Not because there is anything inherently about skating, but because it requires a level of fearlessness that adults just don't have.

i was thinking about this recently when I toyed with the idea of taking up skateboarding. as (sober) adults we almost never fall over, while kids are falling over all the time. I reckon this is why things like skating are seen as juvenile pursuits. Not because there is anything inherently about skating, but because it requires a level of fearlessness that adults just don't have.
BCEFEBE8-5551-4D75-BEB2-99A1E7E0FDFA.gif

That and it destroys your body. My brother has been a massive skater for 20+ years and had just given it away at 32 because of the physical toll. Decided mountain biking is a much better option.

That and it destroys your body. My brother has been a massive skater for 20+ years and had just given it away at 32 because of the physical toll. Decided mountain biking is a much better option.

Is he a risk taker? Mountain biking isn't taxing on your body (still need to be fit do it but it doesn't destroy your joints/back) but if you eat s**t it's easy to break bones, knock the stuffing out of yourself etc.

As a sort of mirror for my previous thread: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/what-things-are-you-too-old-for-at-the-age-of-30.1207253/

What are you too young for at the age of 30?

- cruise ships
- voting liberal
- golf
- complaining about neighbours music on a fri or sat night
- refusing plans because you have gardening to do
- talking incessantly about the parking situation at your work, or the politics of your office job

Yes, but no one should go on cruise ships ever.
No, people vote on party lines from 18 in many households. For some unknown reason "Young Liberals" is a thing.
No, you're way better off taking it up as a kid. Most pros turn pro in their teens.
Yes, unless they are playing Celine Dion or something in which case complaining at any age is OK.
Yes, unless the plans suggested are awful.
Yes, ranting about work is for the start of Friday drinks. No one wants to hear about it otherwise.

Is he a risk taker? Mountain biking isn't taxing on your body (still need to be fit do it but it doesn't destroy your joints/back) but if you eat s**t it's easy to break bones, knock the stuffing out of yourself etc.
Yeah, it's basically a way for him to get the adrenaline fix whilst not aggravating the joint problems he's developed from skating. It was always his main mode of transport so moving from the board to the bike makes some amount of sense.

It's also a bit of a summer substitute for his skiing fix - he's always been a massive park-rat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back