Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Play on but probably could be done without calling each other nuffs.
All good I don't wanna clog the gaming thread anyway.
Is there any sliders for the opposition's ball movement? Looks a little like they use the corridor too often to kick to a contest which almost never happens in modern footy.

All good I don't wanna clog the gaming thread anyway.
Is there any sliders for the opposition's ball movement? Looks a little like they use the corridor too often to kick to a contest which almost never happens in modern footy.

Purely guessing as someone who doesn't have the game but perhaps it would be setting the ball movement/playstyle to defensive (this would mean less corridor movement in prior games if I recall) + increase the play on tendency so that it isn't as stagnant, I could be off there though.

Last game (again, all I have to go off, but knew in depth), you could go to each Teams settings/setup, and change their default game styles.
Hopefully with all these extra styles and tactics, that can be changed when editing teams at the main menu?

Played online for the first time and the connection was laggy as, made for a terrible game. I wonder if it was just lagging on my end and not the opponent because he won by 10 goals haha. Been playing for a good 2 hours tonight and already had a bug that made me shut out of the whole game and restart whilst I was in career mode.

Yeah I was bored last night so fired up a ranked match. Was a bit of a joke. Firstly, in a ranked match, this bloke was able to use his "Eagles" side, which was basically an All-Australian team plus his maxxed out create a player at FF. Surely in ranked matches you have to be limited to default teams, otherwise what's the point? The only way you can compete is to create your own all star team.

Secondly, he seemed to have a massive advantage in terms of lag. Anytime I'd find space I'd get tackled or spoiled from 20m away. Or I'd be leading him to the ball in the backline only for him to be suddenly running into goal.

Won't be rushing back to that crap, will have to leave online matches for mates only.

I assume everyone using the adjusted ratings is just upgrading the stats that each player needs the most? Problem is I don't wanna upgrade them in stats too much to the point it's unrealistic

anybody still have this for their delivery of the game?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 3.34.36 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 3.34.36 pm.png
    16 KB · Views: 65
for those waiting on it, played a game with my brother (arrived this morning), typed some thoughts:
- game plays like footy. seems to open up when players are tired, guys running off to the becnh, rotations in the midfield, periods of time where you can't get it from a pack, periods of time where it's hard to stem the flow of goals. players drop contested marks, lots of spoiling, hard to break away unless you take some risks and are incredibly precise. the core game style is great, huge improvement, very pleased.
- few bugs (camera sometimes goes through the grass after a goal, players springting to the bench mid-play rather than waiting for a stoppage/ball to be at opposite end of ground, 2nd ruck issues).
- buttons feel a bit weird (x and square on ps4 to tap the ball feels awkward) but I put most of this done to being my first game.
- LOVE the clearance kick option, breaks a sequence of stoppages but isn't game-breakingly easy to use, because you can get killed on the rebound.
- set shots are a touch too easy
- player speed is well done, you can actually run away from opponents who are slower and it makes a difference (editing inidividual players to be quicker will help this immensely).
- tactics are great, switched across goal then made a lateral pass to Zorko as the Lions, ran through the middle, hit Hipwood out the back, goal. awesome.
- day night cycle is so good for immersion, done really well.
- commentary is wooden but feels well suited for most part.
- player movement and action more natural.
- issues are easy to fix with sliders and because of the markedly better engine hopefully will have a genuine effect.
- really like how I can fidget and muck around with the menus and have an impact on the game.
- the messaging of playing your own way is true, you can definitely settle into a gamestyle suiting yourself.

Honestly very pleased with the game considering, a massive improvement on EVO1, not 2k or FIFA but I will pour plenty of hours into this bad boy because...it's footy! Will have to play with player ratings, sliders and so on but like it a lot, bugs are not debilitating and hopefully a relatively easy fix.

I'd also add that personally, with no footy on, I will try and immerse myself in this game a fair bit, trying to replicate real life as well as possible. If you're like that then this game does work, tactics aren't incredibly dense but they are a huge extension on EVO1 and do feel like they make a difference.

It seriously looks like you've +/- 2 on every player just to look smart.
It's all about consistency across the competition, ensuring that all players with an 83 rating are the same, and ensuring all players 84 are slightly better then the 83s. Your correct in saying +- 2 was all that was necessary for a lot of Melbourne players but this was not the case for a lot of other teams.

- game plays like footy. seems to open up when players are tired, guys running off to the becnh, rotations in the midfield,

Previously I found that due to the short quarters we usually play these games at, guys didn’t tire fast enough for this to happen. Glad to hear it’s better in this one.

If needed (for more uneven matchups, free players, and rotations), there was/still probably is another way to make it happen if sliders aren’t enough.
You dramatically drop the endurance of all the individual mids (at minimum), so while they are still quick, the game forces them to be rotated more due to limited length they can sustain it.

Ideally you’d do this for all players, but it’s a time consuming process (I slowly did it to make last versions game much more enjoyable), so mids are a good place to start.
Also, outside of the Naitanui’s, it’s also worth drastically slowing the rucks down. Makes more contrast between small and talks strengths and weakenesses.

Finally, if editing player stats, I also like reducing the cloggers/crapper players kicking accuracy. Nothing better than the game matching real life, with me screaming at the likes of Neil Bullen for missing another target!
You can also bump up long range goal kickers kicking distance, which means you can lower kicking distance slider, so long set shots are harder for everyone else, and encourage you to hit up the Buddies of your team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Previously I found that due to the short quarters we usually play these games at, guys didn’t tire fast enough for this to happen. Glad to hear it’s better in this one.

If needed (for more uneven matchups, free players, and rotations), there was/still probably is another way to make it happen if sliders aren’t enough.
You dramatically drop the endurance of all the individual mids (at minimum), so while they are still quick, the game forces them to be rotated more due to limited length they can sustain it.

Ideally you’d do this for all players, but it’s a time consuming process (I slowly did it to make last versions game much more enjoyable), so mids are a good place to start.
Also, outside of the Naitanui’s, it’s also worth drastically slowing the rucks down. Makes more contrast between small and talks strengths and weakenesses.

Finally, if editing player stats, I also like reducing the cloggers/crapper players kicking accuracy. Nothing better than the game matching real life, with me screaming at the likes of Neil Bullen for missing another target!
You can also bump up long range goal kickers kicking distance, which means you can lower kicking distance slider, so long set shots are harder for everyone else, and encourage you to hit up the Buddies of your team.
Nice take on fatigue. I've been rolling with increased fatigue on the sliders for more rotations in EVO1 which did the trick as it affected most the mdis and players where the ball spent an uncommonly long amount of time in, so I'll be doing that again here. I reckon I'm also going to make the bench full manual to make rotations much more customisable -> add more realism (talls spending <90% TOG, mids around 75-80, newer players less time etc.)

I should've said in the post that players miss targets as well naturally in the games which is good but your idea is bloody good. I'm going to get back at Brandon Ellis, the long way round (even though he's left the club!)

anybody still have this for their delivery of the game?
Australia Post has been really slow and has not updated their tracking often since the COVID-19 dramas.

Australia Post has been really slow and has not updated their tracking often since the COVID-19 dramas.
Yeah i'm thinking my best chance of knowing when i receive it, is when the postie is at my front doorstep most likely

Hey folks,

I run an AFL YouTube channel + Podcast called True Footy. On the weekend I uploaded a podcast interview with the great Twistie3, in which we talk about his life as a gamer, his work on AFL Evolution 2 and his love for the Richmond Tigers. We recorded this a couple days before AFL Evo 2 released.

If you're interested, here is the full interview:

And here's a clip of the same interview in which talks about his involvement with AFL Evolution 2:

If you prefer to listen, the ep is also available on any podcast app under the True Footy Podcast.

Hope you enjoy!

BAF3CA59-E5A4-4686-AC3D-2DAA53FD2B95.jpeg

hey guys, thought I’d keep you all posted on my delivery status.

My brother messaged me with a photo informing me it was delivered a few hours ago.

For several hours I was under the apprehension that I would shortly be indulging an an out-of-body experience in the form of playing AFL Evolution 2 on my Xbox.

It turns out he was playing a cruel joke.

I am under genuine mental angst.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back