Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Marking and tackling when playing as a side is still impossible for me. Also everyone I change what player I want to be, the game decides to be someone else and I end up running the wrong way

It's a learning curve - once you get used to it it's actually really easy. Took me a while as I am s**t at gaming unless it's a MOBA. The penny dropped yesterday and flogged the Pies. Was a good feeling lol.

Mudcrab85

Draftee
Apr 4, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
So went up to Legend difficulty and used Twistie's sliders and have quite literally pulled a Fremantle 2015. I've won 1 of my last 6 games or so with one more to go. All have been lost in the last minute too so I've now gone from 1st to 4th possibly missing out on top 4 if I lose the last game to Richmond.
Is there a Pic anywhere of twisties sliders?

DEAN0

Senior List
Jul 22, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
You can see twisties sliders in the first minute of the first career mode game he plays on twitch. The date of the video was on the thursday it leaked and the time stamp toughly 20 mins in IIRC

treefingers

Cancelled
Jan 20, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Marking and tackling when playing as a side is still impossible for me. Also everyone I change what player I want to be, the game decides to be someone else and I end up running the wrong way
You have to be in the best position to mark the ball in Evo 2. Timing is irrelevant. If you can't mark it, click spoil. If you think you can mark it, click Y/Δ when the ball is in the air, and then A/X to jostle into position.

Side note: I think this game has nailed marking. It's light years better than the first game. The player that would most realistically win the ball in a real game of footy tends to mark it in the games I've played.

You have to be in the best position to mark the ball in Evo 2. Timing is irrelevant. If you can't mark it, click spoil. If you think you can mark it, click Y/Δ when the ball is in the air, and then A/X to jostle into position.

Side note: I think this game has nailed marking. It's light years better than the first game. The player that would most realistically win the ball in a real game of footy tends to mark it in the games I've played.
It's weird. When I play as my rookie player I seem to get it. When I play as a full side I just can't do it. Might be a camera thing but the swinging around camera might make me ill

Also so much kicking into the man on the mark

It's weird. When I play as my rookie player I seem to get it. When I play as a full side I just can't do it. Might be a camera thing but the swinging around camera might make me ill

Also so much kicking into the man on the mark

I haven't played this version yet, but assuming the camera options are the same as the previous version you can stop that from happening. Just need to set it so the camera faces the same way no matter which team has the ball.

treefingers

Cancelled
Jan 20, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I haven't played this version yet, but assuming the camera options are the same as the previous version you can stop that from happening. Just need to set it so the camera faces the same way no matter which team has the ball.
I have a setup similar to what someone here posted last night. I'd be interested to see what everyone else is doing.

Side camera
Far
Zoom 30
Height 45
Rotation Speed 70
Movement 50

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 5, 2005
Doglands
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Adjusting the sliders has made it more fun.

Made the game more open and less of a button mash / clearance kick game.

The three things that annoy me most;

1. The crowd and commentary is s**t. Commentary I can understand/deal with to a degree but really I see no excuse for poor crowds. The chanting after goals makes me cringe to death and there's F all crowd noise. How hard would it be to have home teams with a louder, authentic cheer? "Ball!", "Yeah!", "Gone!" etc should be easy to implement and would make it infinitely better than what they've done.

Is it possible this could even be improved with a patch? Feel like it should be such an easy fix....

2. Camera angles. I find 'end to end' and adjusting zoom etc. works OK but you can't really 'see' the ground for switch kicks etc. Understand it is difficult for a 360 degree game but I feel like the camera angles at times force you to play boring up the ground kicks.

3. Graphics. Don't get me wrong, I knew this wasn't going to be FIFA-esque. I'm not expecting it to be. To be honest, there are probably other things which I find more frustrating than the graphics, but it's still an obvious component which holds the game back. Not so much a criticism given the reality of budgets, more just ... a reality?

Jul 5, 2005
Doglands
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Also - how do I save my team structure so I don't have to keep fixing it before EVERY game I play? All my other settings remain (i.e. sliders) but my team management changes every game and I have to spend 5 minutes fixing it.

So played about 10 or so games now. Here are some gripes I've written down. Just in a random order as they happened. I know this isn't WW forums or direct feedback to them, I just wanted to post. Overall I am enjoying the game but hope the little s**t like this gets ironed out.

-After the quarter/half/three quarter time breaks in Be A Pro mode the camera is stuck looking at the crowd so I miss every first bounce of the quarter and generally miss a clearance too before it snaps back to the action.
-There is absolutely no way to see where your direct opponent is unless he is on your screen. If he runs off screen, they only way you'll find him again is because the opposition will kick to him because he is 100 ******* meters clear of a man.
-Had an AI opponent score a goal as they received a free kick. Rather than take the goal they take the free kick from 40m out on the boundary. They missed. Later in the same game I tried to bump in a marking contest but got done for charging. The ball went through for a behind and they took they behind rather than the free kick directly in front of goal 15m out.
-Jaspar Pittard seems to be doing 90% of my rucking despite Todd Goldstein and Nick Larky being 1 and 2. In fact Goldy seems to do the first bounce of a quarter then disappears.
-Getting pinged for throwing the ball in a tackle when judging by the sound and the distance the ball travels it was certainly a kick.
-I can not pick up the ball and instantly handball as I get tackled and get pinged for a throw every time.
-Player gets the ball in the goal square and then runs over the line despite me holding the left stick in the complete opposite direction

-Got tackled as I kicked a goal from the goal square and got done for Out on the Full

-AI playing on behind the goals and giving away rushed behinds.
-I got rewarded a set shot on the tightest angle due to the dumb AI kicking the ball out on the full again yet was unable to play on (Can you play on from set shots? I've never tried except here) despite there being plenty of space. I had to wait for the ump to call play on.
-I randomly lose control of my entire team. In a contested situation I am unable to select players and the player that is selected just stands there watching the opposition run the ball clear.
-The team screen. I want to see it all on one page. I don't want to have to scroll to see my team. The emergencies/rest of the list can be on another page, but the playing 22 need to be visible in one look.
-Kick ins. Players standing in the square with the kicker.
-Unsure if related to the above but in this same player the kicker just ran the ball straight out of bounds and its a throw in (should it not be a free kick or was that rule changed with the play on rule?)
Video of the above but with a hilarious whiff of a handball
-The random and dumb kicks the AI always takes.

-The s**t misses that happen all the time

Whoops.

Also the commentary is just s**t again. The crowd noises are random and volumes all sorts of wrong. Norths cheer squad starting singing the theme song 2 minutes into the 2nd quarter.

Also - how do I save my team structure so I don't have to keep fixing it before EVERY game I play? All my other settings remain (i.e. sliders) but my team management changes every game and I have to spend 5 minutes changing it.
For selection? Go into the settings and change it to manual.

SirBont

All Australian
Apr 2, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So played about 10 or so games now. Here are some gripes I've written down. Just in a random order as they happened. I know this isn't WW forums or direct feedback to them, I just wanted to post. Overall I am enjoying the game but hope the little s**t like this gets ironed out.

-After the quarter/half/three quarter time breaks in Be A Pro mode the camera is stuck looking at the crowd so I miss every first bounce of the quarter and generally miss a clearance too before it snaps back to the action.
-There is absolutely no way to see where your direct opponent is unless he is on your screen. If he runs off screen, they only way you'll find him again is because the opposition will kick to him because he is 100 ******* meters clear of a man.
-Had an AI opponent score a goal as they received a free kick. Rather than take the goal they take the free kick from 40m out on the boundary. They missed. Later in the same game I tried to bump in a marking contest but got done for charging. The ball went through for a behind and they took they behind rather than the free kick directly in front of goal 15m out.
-Jaspar Pittard seems to be doing 90% of my rucking despite Todd Goldstein and Nick Larky being 1 and 2. In fact Goldy seems to do the first bounce of a quarter then disappears.
-Getting pinged for throwing the ball in a tackle when judging by the sound and the distance the ball travels it was certainly a kick.
-I can not pick up the ball and instantly handball as I get tackled and get pinged for a throw every time.
-Player gets the ball in the goal square and then runs over the line despite me holding the left stick in the complete opposite direction

-Got tackled as I kicked a goal from the goal square and got done for Out on the Full

-AI playing on behind the goals and giving away rushed behinds.
-I got rewarded a set shot on the tightest angle due to the dumb AI kicking the ball out on the full again yet was unable to play on (Can you play on from set shots? I've never tried except here) despite there being plenty of space. I had to wait for the ump to call play on.
-I randomly lose control of my entire team. In a contested situation I am unable to select players and the player that is selected just stands there watching the opposition run the ball clear.
-The team screen. I want to see it all on one page. I don't want to have to scroll to see my team. The emergencies/rest of the list can be on another page, but the playing 22 need to be visible in one look.
-Kick ins. Players standing in the square with the kicker.
-Unsure if related to the above but in this same player the kicker just ran the ball straight out of bounds and its a throw in (should it not be a free kick or was that rule changed with the play on rule?)
Video of the above but with a hilarious whiff of a handball
-The random and dumb kicks the AI always takes.

-The s**t misses that happen all the time

Whoops.

Also the commentary is just s**t again. The crowd noises are random and volumes all sorts of wrong. Norths cheer squad starting singing the theme song 2 minutes into the 2nd quarter.

hey mate send them a facebook message they will reply

Remove this Banner Ad

Back