Cardinal Pell honorary role with Richmond - Is this the last straw?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly I'm with you there. Said back in this thread on 27/2 last year. The prosecution exceeded it's own expectations offering up a witness that could not be cross-examined again. That alone screamed appeal for mine. So Pell's release came as no surprise. Sadly. There is so much smoke and discourse that there was certainly fire surrounding Pell, which just goes to show how insidious these characters are to get away with it. I'm saddened to say it was a case of simply too little too late. The prosecution gave it a shot, twice, and his defense was plausible, sadly . What the prosecution would have given for live testimony from the victim instead of the video. Though that was also balanced by no live cross-examination I suppose. And there in lies the crux of the Supreme Court's dilemma, Reasonable Doubt!
The co complainant took his own life some years ago I think. It seems like there are a few men around who were victims of Pell but didn't want to take it to court & so there might be civil cases to answer.

The co complainant took his own life some years ago I think. It seems like there are a few men around who were victims of Pell but didn't want to take it to court & so there might be civil cases to answer.

Correct.

Yes I think other victims may have let sleeping dogs lie if the appeal had failed, however there now might be full scale effort in a civil court given the victims have spoken publicly and have gauged the public support to do so. It ain't over until it's over!

You have a very distorted and biased view of this, and I’m far from a fan of the Catholic Church and Pell himself, IF he covered up for priests under his jurisdiction. BUT, you do realise that the boy that suicided actually told his mother that Pell did nothing to him, he recanted what he’d accused him of. Or that’s what’s been reported in the media.

You have a very distorted and biased view of this, and I’m far from a fan of the Catholic Church and Pell himself, IF he covered up for priests under his jurisdiction. BUT, you do realise that the boy that suicided actually told his mother that Pell did nothing to him, he recanted what he’d accused him of. Or that’s what’s been reported in the media.

The case and evidence has been shrouded in secrecy. It does not surprise me we had not heard what you claim about the recanting of one of the accused. Who really knows then.

I just know the journey is a long way from being over for Cardinal Pell.

Look at last week, two other men came forward accusing Cardinal Pell of abusing them in Ballarat during his time as a priest in that diocese.

Rosemary O’Grady, a retired lawyer who took detailed notes at the trials on behalf of several victims’ groups, said that the judgment showed the need for abuse survivors to have their own representation in the courtroom.

“The crown case was so abysmal,” Ms. O’Grady said of the prosecution’s case. “There were times when I was walking up and down with steam coming out my nostrils,” she said, adding that the release of Cardinal Pell represented “a bad day for democracy.”

So that's one less suicide attributable to historic child sexual abuse?

Last edited:
T

This did not age well. Bolt was right the whole time and the Victorian Judiciary, Police and the ABC have been exposed as the leftist activists that they are. RFC must reinstate Pells’s previous position in the club by close of business today.
interesting that the two courts who heard the victims testimony found pell guilty. the one that didn't found him not guilty.

i guess bolt has to strike oil eventually cos he gets almost everything else wrong.

Just in case you are in any doubt,

I CAN'T STAND THE * * T PELL. Nor his Church. Sorry. He makes me sick.

Abbot & Bolt as his cheerleaders is beautiful

The case and evidence has been shrouded in secrecy. It does not surprise me we had not heard what you claim about the recanting of one of the accused. Who really knows then.

I just know the journey is a long way from being over for Cardinal Pell.

Look at last week, two other men came forward accusing Cardinal Pell of abusing them in Ballarat during his time as a priest in that diocese.

Rosemary O’Grady, a retired lawyer who took detailed notes at the trials on behalf of several victims’ groups, said that the judgment showed the need for abuse survivors to have their own representation in the courtroom.

“The crown case was so abysmal,” Ms. O’Grady said of the prosecution’s case. “There were times when I was walking up and down with steam coming out my nostrils,” she said, adding that the release of Cardinal Pell represented “a bad day for democracy.
democracy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just in case you are in any doubt,

I CAN'T STAND THE * * T PELL. Nor his Church. Sorry. He makes me sick.

Abbot & Bolt as his cheerleaders is beautiful
I gathered that and have no issue with what you may think. We have differing opinions and that’s ok.
Signing off on his highly emotive subject as I’ve made my views known.

Speaking of ironic...does anyone else think Jacinda Adern and Alanis Morrisette are twins?

Not sure but will happily trade SloMo for either or better still, why not have both!!!!!!!!!

Not sure but will happily trade SloMo for either or better still, why not have both!!!!!!!!!
Apart from her hijab episode (which I believe came from a good place and wasn't a stunt) Jacinda has been very impressive.

Apart from her hijab episode (which I believe came from a good place and wasn't a stunt) Jacinda has been very impressive.

Yes she has got some natural diplomacy skills that don’t require any spin , I will say though if I hear one more campaigner shout out for her to takeover here , I’ll spew up

Very!

Yes she has got some natural diplomacy skills that don’t require any spin , I will say though if I hear one more campaigner shout out for her to takeover here , I’ll spew up

Have you cleaned that up yet..........:sick:.....🤢......🤮

If I get falsely accused of a crime, I hope I can the catholic church's money get Robert Richter to defend me, including the appeals to the higher courts. What will I have to sell though? My soul? Of course Pell was going to have great legal team. Pell is a senior exec in an organisation with hundreds of convicted pedos. in it. of. Was the architect of the Melbourne Response. What a loathsome piece of xxxx.
Most historical pedophiles aren't getting much more than a few year jail. All on 'sketchy' evidence. I think Victoria did a great job in blanketing any media coverage of the case. You had to look at overseas publications to find out what was going on in this trial. You think the Pell trial was a witch hunt? Police in all states have squads that investigate historical child sexual abuse.
I hope and pray Pell now spends the rest of his days fighting civil suits. And the devout catholics keep digging deep to fund Robert Richter.
I only went on the evidence he was convicted on and not on the rubbish the media and Catholic bashers were trotting out. Just for the record the biggest paedophile groups running amok in society are various gay groups. Do some research on it as they try to to get laws to reduce the age of Carnal knowledge so they can get young bums to jab.
As I said Pell could not be convicted on the evidence supplied and it would be a poor precedence set for us all if anyone was convicted based on flimsy evidence like that presented. If you can find in Catholic doctrine where it says paedophilia is acceptable then show me the passages? A rotten egg in an organisation doesn’t mean the organisation is bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back