Opinion Your best 22 to play less than 100 games for the club

Remove this Banner Ad

pick a best 22 of swans players have to have played 99 games or less for the club (can use current players if you want)

B aliir schuable a johnson
Hb Mills T Daniher, Roos
C Schwass Mitchell Rhys Jones
Hf Davis, Brereton t.papley
F. schnieder, Lockett, Capper
Foll mumford healy lawson
int , ball S Grant Nash neagle

Last edited:
pick a best 22 of swans players have to have played 99 games or less for the club (can use current players if you want)

Hb Mills T Daniher, Roos
C Schwass S Grant Rhys Jones

I saw this thread and I thought someone better pick Jamie Lawson. Good job King, very good job.

I saw this thread and I thought someone better pick Jamie Lawson. Good job King, very good job.

little champion

that injury though, hate seeing it

little champion

that injury though, hate seeing it

Was a gun and that game against Adelaide the week before the injury was a sign of how good he would've been in the coming years (95-98). The injury wasn't what ended his career it was the doctor that treated him. Glad he got a good payout from him to set him up for his future.

Hb Mills T Daniher, Roos
C Schwass S Grant Rhys Jones
good side, personally think Brereton is a reach at chf on his swans form

Roy Cazaly, AFL Hall of Fame Legend
John Murphy, 6x B&F winner
Tom Mitchell, Brownlow medallist, 2x B&F winner
Len Thompson, Brownlow medallist, 5x B&F winner

Easily some of the best to have played less than 100 games for the club, not judging just on their time here

Roy Cazaly, AFL Hall of Fame Legend
John Murphy, 6x B&F winner
Tom Mitchell, Brownlow medallist, 2x B&F winner
Len Thompson, Brownlow medallist, 5x B&F winner

Easily some of the best to have played less than 100 games for the club, not judging just on their time here

i chucked cazaly out seemed too short for the modern game

i missed the other 3 going down the list, i would have mitchell in, better correct(i put 5 minutes into this side)

i chucked cazaly out seemed too short for the modern game

i missed the other 3 going down the list, i would have mitchell in, better correct(i put 5 minutes into this side)
Fair point on Cazaly, but none of those older players would cut it today (put them in anyway otherwise people will get angry)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair point on Cazaly, but none of those older players would cut it today (put them in anyway otherwise people will get angry)

I put Nash in because i like his quote on the greatest player he ever saw, need a chemsitry guy

just put him in for his overall talent and i liked him as a player
He was excellent prior to coming to us, but his body was stuffed by then, and obviously couldn't stop getting suspended. played 1 very good game for us vs Melb at the MCG, a very memorable come from behind win, think we were about 30 points down at 3 qtr time. only game we won in melb that year, and our first since 1992, long 2 year spell for us old south melb supporters.

Kurt Tippett would have to be close as well, I know much maligned here but he did play some very good games all be it I'm small patches due to injury
I would have normally included Kurt Tippett, he's unlucky to be competing with Lockett and Brereton. He'd make pretty much any other side

I would have normally included Kurt Tippett, he's unlucky to be competing with Lockett and Brereton. He'd make pretty much any other side
If you judged it based on what they did at Sydney Dermie should be nowhere near it. All he did in his season up here was belt blokes.

Still he's competing with Capper and Lockett.....

If you judged it based on what they did at Sydney Dermie should be nowhere near it. All he did in his season up here was belt blokes.

Still he's competing with Capper and Lockett.....

I would not include the Hood. Or Len Thompson who was similarly cooked when he came to us.

From the 60's I would include Max Papley, one of Tommy's granddads. Keith Baskin from the late 60s was a very skilled player and I would prefer Graeme John at CHF than Dermie. Shane McKew was a tough skilled wingman who went back to the bush too early. David Young and John Roberts from the 70's would walk it in, esp a fit Young.

For the life of me I cannot remember this guy's name, but in the 60's we recruited a mature age Tassie bloke who had dominated Tas footy and had 'best since Baldock' wraps on him. IIRC he dominated a practice match and then badly did a knee in the next praccy game against Footscray. The guy never recovered and did not play a single senior game for us. Maybe one of the old South crew can jog my memory.

Daniel Bradshaw. That huge barrel on the siren in a 6 goal haul against the Lions, his former team, and off the back of another bag of 6 goal against the Eagles the week prior. Sadly his body broke down with us but he had 12 year career at the Lions. He kicked 28 for us in just the 9 games but he kicked 524 career goals, played in 3 GFs and won 2 premierships. He was Brownie's perfect side-kick and would be a great fit alongside Plugger.

Daniel Bradshaw. That huge barrel on the siren in a 6 goal haul against the Lions, his former team, and off the back of another bag of 6 goal against the Eagles the week prior. Sadly his body broke down with us but he had 12 year career at the Lions. He kicked 28 for us in just the 9 games but he kicked 524 career goals, played in 3 GFs and won 2 premierships. He was Brownie's perfect side-kick and would be a great fit alongside Plugger.

God that was disappointing when Bradshaw went down in 2010. We were looking really solid and he was killing it as our main forward. If he been able to play a full year, I reckon we could have pushed even deeper into the finals. We made it within a kick of a prelim and he came back to play the SF against the Dogs after months out and still nearly won us the game (his stray kicking really bit us in the end).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back