• Definitely not Janus

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Definitely Janus

Votes: 23 62.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like 1920's & 30's hillbilly country music but once Trashville oops I mean Nashville became a thing it was ruined forever.

It's like most things, there's good and bad. If you're prepared to dig and listen you can find some stuff that's great to listen to.

Electricity ruined music bro! Dude you're being a meme, stop it.
I'm not saying that but it made musicians lazy there's a reason why guitarists are still more impressed with Robert Johnson than Kirk Hammett mate.

I'm not saying that but it made musicians lazy there's a reason why guitarists are still more impressed with Robert Johnson than Kirk Hammett mate.

Jesus, let go of the metallica thing.

The fact you wrote off country before Cash, Jennings, Haggard, Nelson, Coe or Kristofferson had even played a note says more about you than me m8. Hell, Hank didn't start recording til the end of the 30s.

Jesus, let go of the metallica thing.

The fact you wrote off country before Cash, Jennings, Haggard, Nelson, Coe or Kristofferson had even played a note says more about you than me m8. Hell, Hank didn't start recording til the end of the 30s.
I would say some of those guys are good songwriters but they are all very basic musos I don't expect you to grasp it.

I would say some of those guys are good songwriters but they are all very basic musos I don't expect you to grasp it.

If I listened to music for musical skill, I'd be jerking off to Malmsteen records, not the case mate.

Country and blues aren't all about skill either.

If I listened to music for musical skill, I'd be jerking off to Malmsteen records, not the case mate.

skill pfffft

Nah he's on to something here. Every country song made in the last 30 years sounds like a toned down Def Leppard soft rock balladry.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Shania Twain don’t impress you much?

Nah he's on to something here. Every country song made in the last 30 years sounds like a toned down Def Leppard soft rock balladry.

No offence edgie but I wouldn't take your opinion on that. There's a bunch of new guys that exist outside of the mainstream Nashville scene and write great s**t, bit you wouldn't have heard of them.

Anyway that's beside the whole point which was that the golden era was basically the 50s-70s, same with blues which had a revival in the 80s.

I like basic music too but I'm allowed to not rate people as musicians same as I'm allowed to question a footballers ability.

No offence edgie but I wouldn't take your opinion on that. There's a bunch of new guys that exist outside of the mainstream Nashville scene and write great s**t, bit you wouldn't have heard of them.

Anyway that's beside the whole point which was that the golden era was basically the 50s-70s, same with blues which had a revival in the 80s.
That's the point though, isn't it? That once upon a time the mainstream successful popular examples used to be ok, even quality?

There will always be things outside of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the point though, isn't it? That once upon a time the mainstream successful popular examples used to be ok, even quality?

There will always be things outside of it.

Ugh. JBC said it was over after 30s.

There's some cracking US and UK county stuff out there

I hated country up until I was about 35, maybe your taste needs to mature
UK Country 😂😂😂😂😂, ******* hell!

I love country (was in Nashville just last year) and the US and Aus having a country scene makes sense due to the rugged nature, but UK country...* me dead 😂😂.
It’s like having hip hop from Burnside.

UK Country 😂😂😂😂😂, ******* hell!

I love country (was in Nashville just last year) and the US and Aus having a country scene makes sense due to the rugged nature, but UK country...fu** me dead 😂😂.
It’s like having hip hop from Burnside.

I literally said that expecting a reaction from you 😛

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back