Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's not confrontational (not that it should even matter) and all he does is enjoy the s**t out of his footy, visibly.

On one hand, this should make me angry, and it does, but what it really, truly makes me feel is sad. He's done nothing, ever, to provoke any response that would resemble sledging, let alone anything worse. For *s sake.

:mad:

Doc was on the rush hour tonight. Spoke a bit about the wedding - wedding party included crippa, lachie henderson, dyl bucks, Daniel Gorringe and his brother. Claims that people sleeping in the botanic gardens "had a bit of mayo on them". As usual he spoke and represented the club very well

Thought Doc was better than Henderson, Dylan Buckley and Gorringe.

Thought Doc was better than Henderson, Dylan Buckley and Gorringe.
Because you know them to be s**t humans or you don’t like them as footballers?

Genuinely curious

Because you know them to be s**t humans or you don’t like them as footballers?

Genuinely curious

The Twitter hijinks between Gorringe, Buckley, Graham and Boekhurst was embarrassing,.cringe and not funny especially as we were sh1t and they were all fighting for their careers. Plus everyone at park orchards thought Gorringe was a flog.

From what I've seen of Doc I didn't think those sort of blokes would be his best mates.

Also Henderson's mum would have had to come on the bucks party and help him put his suit on which would have been odd for doc and the others who were probably taking dick pics

The Twitter hijinks between Gorringe, Buckley, Graham and Boekhurst was embarrassing,.cringe and not funny especially as we were sh1t and they were all fighting for their careers. Plus everyone at park orchards thought Gorringe was a flog.

From what I've seen of Doc I didn't think those sort of blokes would be his best mates.

Also Henderson's mum would have had to come on the bucks party and help him put his suit on which would have been odd for doc and the others who were probably taking dick pics
Maybe a serious bloke like Doc needs a bit of funny in his life to remain balanced?

Hardly think a couple of blokes trying to enjoy their short footy careers while they were in them makes them unsuitable as friends. Also doesn’t mean they weren’t trying to make it as footballers. No one who makes it onto an AFL list is s**t at footy, they might just not be in the top couple of hundred people in the world that play the game, still makes them better than every other player who hasn’t made it.

Pretty sure a lot of stuff posted on here is cringe to at least some people, doesn’t mean others cannot get enjoyment out of it. A bit like this post probably.

Still bitter about the Henderson departure? Even though we benefited greatly by it? Wow...

"From what you've seen"- Which is absolutely ******* nothing.
Let me break it down for you. You don't know these guys. Gorringe could be a champion bloke and docherty a flog for all you know and vice versa.
Who knows and who cares. Just because they don't adhere to your clearly terrible type of humour doesn't make it cringe or not funny. (Personally I find it somewhat funny at times but for the most part don't even pay attention).

These guys are trying to make the best of a of an awkward situation (being that they're average footballers with little other life skills). Kudos to them, respect the hussle and move on.

Still bitter about the Henderson departure? Even though we benefited greatly by it? Wow...

Let me break it down for you. You don't know these guys. Gorringe could be a champion bloke and docherty a flog for all you know and vice versa.
Who knows and who cares. Just because they don't adhere to your clearly terrible type of humour doesn't make it cringe or not funny. (Personally I find it somewhat funny at times but for the most part don't even pay attention).

These guys are trying to make the best of a of an awkward situation (being that they're average footballers with little other life skills). Kudos to them, respect the hussle and move on.
Hendo apparently gave the best man speech and dyl bucks was m.c.

unnamed-31.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moving rest of our discussion here and going to delete my post from voting thread.

Fair enough but Malthouse let Jarred and Eddie go and didn't have the ability to keep Fev on a leash.
Never forgive him for Jarred, that was so wrong coming from a Carlton family and he played bloody good footy at North.
He was always one of my favourites and when on was incredible to watch, freakish.
Also kept Warnock instead of Jacobs when we had a glut of rucks...very big blue that I could never figure.
It adds up...
Like I said, I dislike Malthouse way more, and you are spot on about his damage to list, which only highlights not having a general manager of list management at time allowed people that should not be directing those things to happen.
But coaching itself, trust me Pagan was easily worse.
Malthouse did more damage to the list. Pagan did more damage to player development of the ones actually there at time.
I did not want either of them there.

off track I know.....but who was worse for Carlton. Malthouse or Pagan ?

IMO that is a tough one
I lost a bit of footy focus around the time pagan was coaching us. I absolutely did not want MMalt. makes me mad just thinking about it. I recall people telling me ..oh he is an experienced coach 3 flags etc etc and he will sort blues out as well....he sure ******* did.

I am sorry if my surprise at who docs best mates at the club were has upset you in anyway.

always hate beating my own drum but just received a personalized email from cain offering to halt my membership payments for me......I fanged back a return thanking him but declining.........nice.......

always hate beating my own drum but just received a personalized email from cain offering to halt my membership payments for me......I fanged back a return thanking him but declining.........nice.......
People read these emails? (I get three, myself and the 2 kids) so just delete instantly. Nothing going on, nothing to read, so delete.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

ha...think he might be finished. id be happy for blues to pick him back up if possible

No thanks.

He served us well over the journey but he's not the player he once was, nowhere near it actually. His form has completely nose dived over the past 18 months.

I see no reason why we'd bring him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back