News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
These people are being conditioned and their beliefs reinforced via social media. Most likely via bots or thousands of accounts being controlled by small groups.

shareblue media is an example of this..

it’s the lessons lost of mind control, that is mkultra, being played out over the interwebs. People being triggered by keywords is an obvious sign.

Yep, folks who understand what Social Media Cooked Brain Phenomenon is, and are ruthlessly exploiting it.

s**t, that's how the Libs won the last election, and the Tories in December.

(And how Trump gunna win)

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's just a matter of management I guess. So long as we keep on top of outbreaks we should be okay.

I'm surprised at the Victorian numbers being high. Is that cos of more testing? If so then it's potentially gonna break out again and maybe require more restrictions. But if people get a bit of break then it might be okay if we get more restrictions.

I went out and polished off a bottle of rum with a mate on Friday night. Could probably stay in lockdown for another three weeks after letting off a bit of steam. Kids went to their grandma's on Saturday (Ma in law) and got to let off a bit of steam so they were better as well.

More testing and the cluster from the slaughterhouse

And the winner for most obvious graph goes to:

Visitor numbers to Australia have taken an absolute nose-dive
dc749a96-317a-41ec-b2a1-56261607447f_800.png

It is the largest-ever recorded fall, with overseas visitor arrivals falling by 60 per cent in March, compared to the same month in 2019, with every state and territory recording dramatic falls.

The results come after the ABS released its February travel data last month showing a 12.5 per cent decline in visitors, including a nearly 90 per cent drop in visitors from China.

It looks like Russia want to stop Trumpy boasting about the U.S doing the most tests worldwide... OR they are simply lying about their fatalities:

Russia's toll continues to rise

Russia has reported 10,899 new cases of coronavirus
in the last 24 hours, bringing the nationwide total past that of Britain to 232,243, the third highest total worldwide.

The country's coronavirus response centre said the death toll from the virus rose by 107 people to 2,116.

Russia puts the continued daily rise in cases down to widespread testing. It has carried out more than 5.8 million tests.

TREASURER IN ISOLATION AFTER COUGHING FIT

Treasurer Josh Frydenberg is in isolation awaiting COVID-19 test results after suffering a coughing fit while delivering an economic update to federal parliament today. The senior Cabinet member sought medical advice from Deputy Chief Medical Officer Paul Kelly after his ministerial update. He said he had a “dry mouth and a cough”.

“The DCMO advised me that out of an abundance of caution it was prudent I be tested for COVID-19,” Mr Frydenberg said. “Following the receipt of his advice, I immediately left Parliament House to be tested and will await the result in isolation. “I expect the result of my test to be provided tomorrow.”

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep, folks who understand what Social Media Cooked Brain Phenomenon is, and are ruthlessly exploiting it.

I’m sure there was an episode of the Simpsons.. the Michael Jackson episode.
Homer gets shown a place card, that he thinks is Bart and struggles the psychologist. Uncontrollable Irrational anger.

Last edited:

gomfs

Debutant
Oct 5, 2004
Geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Nth Melbourne

No the Tories and Liberals won because the alternatives had zero credibility so the undecided middle of the road voters went with the devil they knew. Same for Trump as the alternative was a very disliked person in the US. Most of my US friends are democrats and most didn’t vote because they didn’t want to see Hilary Clinton as president

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No the Tories and Liberals won because the alternatives had zero credibility so the undecided middle of the road voters went with the devil they knew. Same for Trump as the alternative was a very disliked person in the US. Most of my US friends are democrats and most didn’t vote because they didn’t want to see Hilary Clinton as president
Hillary Clinton was just about the most unpopular candidate I can remember.
but the other was still Donald Trump, it took a Wikileaks amplified message by companies such as Cambridge analyticita to win.

but as all good political investments, you run with the hare and hunt with the hounds. ultimately there was no election.

Last edited:

Leaving the US aside, but the Liberals own campaign managers attributed much of their success to Boomer Memes on social media that did exactly what you describe - scare people into voting for the devil they know.

I agree with you.

Hillary Clinton was just about the unpopular candidate I can remember.
but the other was still Donald Trump, it took a Wikileaks amplified message by companies such as Cambridge analyticita to win.

but as all good political investments, you run with the hare and hunt with the hounds. ultimately there was no election.
1589275814361.png

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Hillary Clinton was just about the unpopular candidate I can remember.

I think you’re saying it, but Clinton was unpopular but still comfortably more popular than Trump.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think you’re saying it, but Clinton was unpopular but still comfortably more popular than Trump.
On one side you have, trumps a Russian agent but trust the good guys in the government..
on the other you have there’s going to be multiple arrests, trust jeff sessions, trust the government.

At a time when there is rightly no faith in the us administration, the message from both sides is, sit tight, do nothing coz we is da saviour...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
On one side you have, trumps a Russian agent but trust the good guys in the government..
on the other you have there’s going to be multiple arrests, trust jeff sessions, trust the government.

At a time when there is rightly no faith in the us administration, the message from both sides is, sit tight, do nothing coz we is da saviour...
Yeah it's approaching a failed state status.

It's easy to hang s**t on these populist right protesters (and I do) but that country has no safety net for people. If you're working at a restaurant living paycheck to paycheck to cover the rent, you're ****ed.

I’m sure there was an episode of the Simpsons.. the Michael Jackson episode.
Homer gets shown a place card, that he thinks is Bart and struggles the psychologist. Uncontrollable Irrational anger.
Its a Rorsarch test card that looks like Bart isn't it?

It's easy to hang s**t on these populist right protesters (and I do) but that country has no safety net for people. If you're working at a restaurant living paycheck to paycheck to cover the rent, you're f’ed.
America is a brutal country of extremes. That what "freedom" means over there.

Don't you worry about that dayglo orange life preserver.
It won't save you.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

It's easy to hang s**t on these populist right protesters (and I do) but that country has no safety net for people. If you're working at a restaurant living paycheck to paycheck to cover the rent, you're f’ed.
It’s still the richest country in history with the largest military.. I wouldn’t say failed state, but it’s working as America always has.
have enough people begging in the streets, so others will accept s**t paying jobs, so they don’t end on the streets. New form Industrialised slave labour.

What a crazy ride it’s been. Remaining very cautious still, but starting to see the light as my work goes back on site in two weeks, been working remotely every day from home, so it’s been interesting.

Already been told, as of Monday, back to normal

And the winner for most obvious graph goes to:

Visitor numbers to Australia have taken an absolute nose-dive
dc749a96-317a-41ec-b2a1-56261607447f_800.png

It is the largest-ever recorded fall, with overseas visitor arrivals falling by 60 per cent in March, compared to the same month in 2019, with every state and territory recording dramatic falls.

The results come after the ABS released its February travel data last month showing a 12.5 per cent decline in visitors, including a nearly 90 per cent drop in visitors from China.

The only surprise for me is that it’s just a 60% drop. I expected it to be about 85%.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back