Training The Thread Formerly Known As The Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi Jen. What's the attitude of the club in having anyone down at training watching them even at a distance? I can't imagine they would be encouraging it but do they have any issues with standing or sitting at the opposite end of the ground well away from where the players are training as far as you're aware?
There wasn't a whole lot of us. A handful if that. Plus the media/cameras. Nobody seemed to mind. You couldn't go to the cafe side of the ground, but the AAMI park side, they didn't bother you. Maybe they didn't encourage it, but they had no issues with it otherwise. Just as long as you keep your distance from the players.

I sense big things. The tongue out is a sign of greatness.
Wasn't Ben Kennedy a player that always use to have his tongue out :p

Will be better when full contact training begins next week. That’s when we see the real preparations. I assume they will train again on Wednesday and/or Friday too?

I was thinking Daicos, Michael Jordan. Can't believe I forgot Ben Kennedy...
How could you forget Ben, one of the best seat warmers we ever had

They trained for about 4 hrs. They had already started by the time I arrived, which was about 9:30am. And finished up past 1pm. Here are some points. More in depth will come when they are doing a lot more than some non contract.

# They were in three sets of groups: Forwards, Mids and Defenders. And each group was split into 6 players on two different ends of the ground. Some players were absent. Maybe with the amount of players there are, they'll use some players together and some in the following days.

# They come in, train and go home, so I'm assuming they are training all week, otherwise they would only need to come in a couple days a week. But I've really no idea, how this all works.

# No Langdon. No Beams. No Wills or Broomhead or Varcoe, Darcy Cameron, Appleby that I saw. The irish boys not back yet.

# Drills usually consisted on handballs, ground work, entering F50 from the midfield toward the forwards. There was also lots of goal kicking.

# Once a line group was finished, they would exit the track and then the next line group would then enter for their turn.

#Basically the version of a 'light' session from a pre-season, a bit of a run around, getting some fitness in.

Not too exciting, but it was nice just to go and see something, given how long it has been.

I look forward to going next monday, when full contact is allowed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they are only allowed to train twice this week.
They usually train 3 times a week I think. Monday, Wednesday, Friday. I’m pretty sure it was only 2 full contact sessions which start next week. But no contact should be allowed whenever

Remove this Banner Ad

Back