Training The Thread Formerly Known As The Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s terrible news.. I think there will be a big increase in soft tissue injuries for all teams this year
I'd prefer early season injuries than during the year injuries. Without any proper VFL, it's going to be a case of least injuries during the season wins it, because later in the year when your seniors go down, they're going to be replaced by reserves who aren't up to the speed.

Remember when Richmond had their big name players out in the early rounds of last year? They were fit and firing by the time finals came around. We were just scraping through finals with injuries. I’d rather have injuries now, not when it comes down to the finals. We got off to a perfect start last year and slowly went downhill. We’ll be fine

This might be a good thing. Treloar can get his body right and that gives the young ones a chance to shine. I’m keen to see more of Tyler Brown. We don’t need Treloar really, just shows how good our depth is right now

This might be a good thing. Treloar can get his body right and that gives the young ones a chance to shine. I’m keen to see more of Tyler Brown. We don’t need Treloar really, just shows how good our depth is right now
Not a good thing. Soft tissue injuries don't help you get your body right - they actually put more stress on othre parts of the body as your movement is compromisd and altereed. But it's not the end of the world. Need him fit for the second half of the year.

Nothing says good news like a player in his late 20s constantly doing soft tissue injuries..
[

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a good thing. Soft tissue injuries don't help you get your body right - they actually put more stress on othre parts of the body as your movement is compromisd and altereed. But it's not the end of the world. Need him fit for the second half of the year.
Time will help him. If we don’t need him, we should rest him for a few rounds. We have the depth to cover

Have you all forgotten it’s minor... they are just being careful. He didn’t tear anything off.
But that's not the Collingwood BF Board way. Some of our posters love to accentuate the negative, revel in doom and gloom and generally bring everyone down.

Remember when Jamie Elliott couldn't get on the park? All we read about on this board was how his career was shot, he would never play again (or if he did he would be but a shadow of his former self). How's he travelling lately?

But that's not the Collingwood BF Board way. Some of our posters love to accentuate the negative, revel in doom and gloom and generally bring everyone down.

Remember when Jamie Elliott couldn't get on the park? All we read about on this board was how his career was shot, he would never play again (or if he did he would be but a shadow of his former self). How's he travelling lately?
So much negativity. I get why clubs don’t reveal stuff because everyone freaks out like they’re never going to play again. There’s people saying “rest him for 2021” no.... the season hasn’t even started. We have weeks to go. Everyone needs to calm down

Told you so sr36 ;)
I can't believe it to be honest. I was just saying on a different thread that I'm delighted about it from a Collingwood perspective, but not so delighted from an Australian perspective. Immigration has made an exception to the laws due to the national significance of Anton Tohill attending training sessions? Pretty bizarre decision. I'd love to see the Head of Immigration justify this to those who have been denied - the thousands of work permit holders (many doing jobs that would appear to be more significant than what Anton Tohill will do this year) and the companies that want them back in the country.

I can't believe it to be honest. I was just saying on a different thread that I'm delighted about it from a Collingwood perspective, but not so delighted from an Australian perspective. Immigration has made an exception to the laws due to the national significance of Anton Tohill attending training sessions? Pretty bizarre decision. I'd love to see the Head of Immigration justify this to those who have been denied - the thousands of work permit holders (many doing jobs that would appear to be more significant than what Anton Tohill will do this year) and the companies that want them back in the country.
Fair point but the AFL has so many checks and balances in place so it's not as if they are a risk to the community. Many of those who returned home are from industries that are still in shutdown, or are international students and unis are still learning online.

They will be tested twice a week like every other player. That is one of the things that is helping the afl.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back