Club History The Carlton GOAT - NOW VOTING!

Who was better?

• Bruce Doull

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Stephen Silvagni

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The BUZZ, had to love his flamboyance, his acrobatics in the air and on the ground. What an impact player....just ask him ;)
On first sight he looked like a flat footed, slow and ungainly type but he put that impression to bed pretty quick. Enigmatic.

Loved Dora too and was one of the big imports that also played a major role in our success of the time. Beautiful kick, strong pack mark and hard at it.
I actually see young Harry Mckay as a similar type but probably a bit more upside.( I hope)
Great recruit but the Buzz for me.
I actually named my then dog after him.....Buzz, a little kelpie cross that could jump any fence .

Later on I had a more handsome, bigger black kelpie/collie cross I called SOS :D
Would love to get a Mastiff and call it Patrick but the wife not so keen

Last edited:
Buzz by a mile, not just the screamers and flashy goals but worked his arse off defensively, brought thousands through the turnstiles ...

Yep. Bosustow was just an extraordinary AFL footballer.Extremely attacking and a human highlight reel, but also a defensive forward well ahead of his time.

Only 65 games, but what a 65 games. He genuinely sold tickets on his own even though he was surrounded by an egrarious pack of stars. Not many Peter Bosustow's come along.

Dora was good. He wasn't a complete AFL footballer but he was a versatile addition to a side.

Buzz for the easy win. AFL football is about performance, results, team, and entertaining. Buzz was a complete AFL package, although he was half mad and only shone briefly before heading home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The BUZZ, had to love his flamboyance, his acrobatics in the air and on the ground. What an impact player....just ask him ;)
On first sight he looked like a flat footed, slow and ungainly type but he put that impression to bed pretty quick. Enigmatic.

Loved Dora too and was one of the big imports that also played a major role in our success of the time. Beautiful kick, strong pack mark and hard at it.
I actually see young Harry Mckay as a similar type but probably a bit more upside.( I hope)
Great recruit but the Buzz for me.
I think if Harry keeps on the park he’ll have Dora covered fairly easy. but agree with you he played a important part in our success in his time...

Yep. Bosustow was just an extraordinary AFL footballer.Extremely attacking and a human highlight reel, but also a defensive forward well ahead of his time.

Only 65 games, but what a 65 games. He genuinely sold tickets on his own even though he was surrounded by an egrarious pack of stars. Not many Peter Bosustow's come along.

Dora was good. He wasn't a complete AFL footballer but he was a versatile addition to a side.

Buzz for the easy win. AFL football is about performance, results, team, and entertaining. Buzz was a complete AFL package, although he was half mad and only shone briefly before heading home.
Shattered when he took off back home, of course he had too go back and help out with the family farm then from memory cut his wrist/arm quite badly through glass which affected him long term... Left when age wise just hitting his prime 24yrs would have been great to have him for another 4/5 years...

Shattered when he took off back home, of course he had too go back and help out with the family farm then from memory cut his wrist/arm quite badly through glass which affected him long term... Left when age wise just hitting his prime 24yrs would have been great to have him for another 4/5 years...
In last 24 hours we've probably established Greg Williams and Bosustow should have , AND would have wanted to have been part of our 1984 to 1988 period and hard to imagine if we added both we would not have won another flag or two in that period.

In last 24 hours we've probably established Greg Williams and Bosustow should have , AND would have wanted to have been part of our 1984 to 1988 period and hard to imagine if we added both we would not have won another flag or two in that period.
And the tragic car accident that Peter Motley was involved in, was in my eyes an absolute gun in the making...

Back