Training 2020 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm only basing my comments on other peoples pump ups tbh, I don't know if he actually is a good tap ruckman, personally!

I can assure you Pittonet is the real deal.

During isolation training, I heard he beat the soccer goalpost in hitouts 48-26....

What are your thoughts on his disposal? My opinion is restricted to clip highlights but feel he needs to clean up his kicking. just looks like a player who will give 100% every time he puts on his boots.
Disposal certainly not his strong suit. Was the weakness in his profile, he just exudes work ethic to me, will back him in to improve to at least a passable level. Certainly no worse than Dow in that department.

I cant come up with an AFL ruckman slower than him in the modern game. Who will cover his man when Gawn runs off him?

Where's he running to?

If he's taking up a defensive position, you'd hope our players are smart enough to identify that and avoid kicking it straight to him.
If he's drifting forward, matchups will adjust - how often do you see a ruck deep in defence matched up against the resting ruck?

Rucks don't need to have great speed. High endurance is far more important given they need to cover the ground to get from contest to contest.

Where's he running to?

If he's taking up a defensive position, you'd hope our players are smart enough to identify that and avoid kicking it straight to him.
If he's drifting forward, matchups will adjust - how often do you see a ruck deep in defence matched up against the resting ruck?

Rucks don't need to have great speed. High endurance is far more important given they need to cover the ground to get from contest to contest.
So what you are saying Pittonet has the endurance to keep up with Gawn?

So what you are saying Pittonet has the endurance to keep up with Gawn?

Not saying that at all, and I'm not sure how you got that from my post.

I haven't seen enough of Pittonet to make a call on his endurance. I'm not sure anyone on here would have.

Not saying that at all, and I'm not sure how you got that from my post.

I haven't seen enough of Pittonet to make a call on his endurance. I'm not sure anyone on here would have.
Agree, too early to call given that most of us wouldn't have taken much notice of him at the Hawks.

He has spent considerable time though under Jack Russell at the Hawks, and now with us....so hopefully has built up a good level of strength and endurance over the past 5 or so years.

Realistically, with Krooz now in the twilight, the ruck position is right now his to lose.

He has spent considerable time though under Jack Russell at the Hawks, and now with us....so hopefully has built up a good level of strength and endurance over the past 5 or so years.
I'm not sure we're ready for a ruckman shorter than a jack russell.

Last year's draft I feel was a good one. Some good talent there, particularly with speed and pace. Fairly certain Kemp will be a gun, certainly has the ability. I think Ramsay and Philp are going to be good and there should be a push to see them in the side. A lot to like about Honey and Phillips looks to have some good qualities as well.

I think we might have drafted some with potential who just might not quite get there so I feel this will make up for that a bit but that's drafting.

Would like to see a few guys come one to add pace, intense pressure and good skills to our midfield and forward line. We don't have that but we might be going that way.

Last year's draft I feel was a good one. Some good talent there, particularly with speed and pace. Fairly certain Kemp will be a gun, certainly has the ability. I think Ramsay and Philp are going to be good and there should be a push to see them in the side. A lot to like about Honey and Phillips looks to have some good qualities as well.

I think we might have drafted some with potential who just might not quite get there so I feel this will make up for that a bit but that's drafting.

Would like to see a few guys come one to add pace, intense pressure and good skills to our midfield and forward line. We don't have that but we might be going that way.
Wouldn't mind seeing Philp and Ramsay get a game early on, they both have the game we need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the look of all of them, including Honey and Phillips.
It seems to me we batted deeper in this last draft than for any before it, through SOS's tenure.
Just saying that we can all get a little excited, or for that matter turned off all too early on, at times.

You're singling out BSilvagni I guess. I agree with you, in that he shows little things at times but can disappear off the map just as quickly.
It all seems so long ago to me now though and for that reason I'm going to try and start off with a blank canvas for the 1st and 2nd year players and we have plenty off them and of course not all are going to make it. They just won't....no matter what their names happen to be or how much we may like them for now.

I still see Philp in the backline and for Dow it's a midfield position or ship him off....unfortunately.

I also see Philp coming into the team as a small defender...in the mould of Liam Picken and then working into the midfield over time.

Looks to have a combination of power and intensity.

i would like to see levi do that in games as well. Has to use that big body to advantage more often. jut smash em.
Sounds silly for a guy his age but I think he’s only just realising how menacing he can be

Amazing what a bit of confidence can do, a big thanks has to go to Sav Rocca and co...

Wasn't there some stat going back last year or the year before that our mids actually operated better with Phillips than with Kreuzer? The tapwork would be the obvious difference here. Not that I'd take Phillips over Kreuzer, however. Phillips never got a long run at it so you can't really say definitively that he was a better fit.

We haven't really had a good tap ruckman since Jacobs, and we chose the roving ruckman over him. A good tap ruckman knocking it down to Cripps could be something special, he gets those clearance numbers having to shark most of the time, imagine what he'll do with someone actually hitting it to him..

If I remember correctly then Warnock was actually ranked as one of the highest ruckmen in average hitouts-to-advantage for a fair while with us, he just wasn't particularly good at anything else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back