News 2020 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I assume the injury Gresh received in R1 would have kept him out for over 10 weeks?
It was a PCL - usually 6 - 8 weeks but there was a hiatus where he wasn't able to perform the usual fitness recovery plan - so maybe 10 weeks is acceptable

I remember someone mentioning Gresh's body language after the match was appalling and I tried to indicate then that he knew he'd done his knee and that was disappointment at his injury or more likely missing a chunk of the season, well it seems that he wont miss much now - if any at all. Probably one of very few players not inconvenienced by covid 19.

I'd be going with Jimmy Webster!

Bit rough to be throwing names around with no basis. Not to mention Jimmy is not a "former" Saints player and wasn't playing VFL that day.

And so it begins, we are literally in a fight for our survival over the next 5 years. The short memory and lack of compassion from Peter Gordon is laughable but not surprising. The big Victorian clubs would love to see the back of us, Kennett already angling for it. Absolutely have to become a contender on the field and any missteps off field from here on out could be fatal.

And so it begins, we are literally in a fight for our survival over the next 5 years. The short memory and lack of compassion from Peter Gordon is laughable but not surprising. The big Victorian clubs would love to see the back of us, Kennett already angling for it. Absolutely have to become a contender on the field and any missteps off field from here on out could be fatal.
Geez i have seriously misread the teal leaves! Is our situation really that perilous?

And as for that charletain Peter Gordon angling for us to get the boot, that has to be the ultimate rocket for our club to fire back!
That p!ss ant club of his has absolutely no business trying to dictate to us about who is vulnerable! Premiership or no premiership they will always
Be sh!tkickers and our bitches, who will always be inferior to us!
And people need to remind Kennett the last time the Dawks went more than 5 yrs without a flag they nearly folded up and merged! The cheek of it all!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ZFsoKxm.gif

:rolleyes: Peter Gordon

Would wanna be someone who backed themselves in.

I have met him at the kids footy training. He's the opposite of what I thought he'd be like. He's a big cuddly teddy bear. He's actually got a really gentle nature.

I have met him at the kids footy training. He's the opposite of what I thought he'd be like. He's a big cuddly teddy bear. He's actually got a really gentle nature.
It's those quiet cuddly care bears you gotta watch out for Gringo!
Remember Gentle Ben?
He took out Sally Jesse Raphael's whole set!!

Surprised there is no mention of this great interview with Rod Butterss on Sam Newman's podcast.

Rod apologises to Saints supporters for making decisions as our president when he was under the influence of booze and drugs.

I don't know why he has to apologise though, that era under him and Grant Thomas was one of the best eras I've seen as a Saints supporter, sure we didn't win a flag but we played some bloody entertaining footy and we got FTA coverage, Friday nights and Saturday nights we were Box Office material, those were the days.

Compare that era to the last 10 years where we haven't played finals and can't buy a FTA game for love or money.

I'd bring back a boozed up drug f***ed Rod Butterss as our president in a heartbeat if he could bring back the good old rock star days of the noughties.

Surprised there is no mention of this great interview with Rod Butterss on Sam Newman's podcast.

Rod apologises to Saints supporters for making decisions as our president when he was under the influence of booze and drugs.

I don't know why he has to apologise though, that era under him and Grant Thomas was one of the best eras I've seen as a Saints supporter, sure we didn't win a flag but we played some bloody entertaining footy and we got FTA coverage, Friday nights and Saturday nights we were Box Office material, those were the days.

Compare that era to the last 10 years where we haven't played finals and can't buy a FTA game for love or money.

I'd bring back a boozed up drug f***ed Rod Butterss as our president in a heartbeat if he could bring back the good old rock star days of the noughties.

If he wasnt on drugs - maybe we would have played exciting footy and won a premiership.

May not be the right forum for this comment but I want to say how impressed I've been with the engagement of the Saints both with the fans and the media throughout this COVID-19 thing.

From the pledge campaign, to numerous interviews and column inches in the local rags, IMO we've really punched above or weight in regards to publicity generated and keeping the Saints front of mind. It's important that we take a few scalps from the big four when the season starts to keep it going.

Living in Elwood, I've seen much more Saints gear being worn out and about (and not just the Meth Heads on Carlisle St) and the whole Strength Through Loyalty creed seems to be more visible.

I'm putting it down to Basset and the team considering SEEK is really got to where it is through marketing. Sort the off field and on field will follow.

Keep it up Saints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back