Trades Round 4 trades

Gold_Cat

Team Captain
Mar 21, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
You have to trade Whit. His price will likely drop for the next three weeks even if he does turn around and start to average 80 (BCV 100. At which point you'll have made however much he is more expensive than where ge gets to in three or more weeks from now in hard cash. Plus you have the extra trade this season... it's a no-brainer for me. Wish I cut him last week.

Couldn't disagree more, you pick Whitfield at the start of the season to be a keeper for the long haul. He will come good and start pumping out 90+ SCORES.
GWS have been playing badly and he was unlucky to get concussed. Once you trade him you're locking in the bad scores and you need to use more trades to bring him back in. I'm fortunate I don't have him but will probably grab him before round 6/7 for Greenwood.

Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Couldn't disagree more, you pick Whitfield at the start of the season to be a keeper for the long haul. He will come good and start pumping out 90+ SCORES.
GWS have been playing badly and he was unlucky to get concussed. Once you trade him you're locking in the bad scores and you need to use more trades to bring him back in. I'm fortunate I don't have him but will probably grab him before round 6/7 for Greenwood.
Fact of the matter is, he's currently averaging 60 (even if you take out the 10 he scored) and is not anywhere near pumping out 90 scores. I picked him because I thought he was a star and underpriced. I didn't, and you couldn't really, predict how coronaball would afect him. Every week he scores 60 while Petracca etc score 80-90 or more you're losing points. Are you going to lose 20, 40, 60, 80, 100 points on the leader over the next five weeks while you HOPE Whitfield completely changes his play style and scores more points despite there being NO EVIDENCE he's capable of doing that, all to save a trade?

Holding is a gamble, it's backing in your initial decision despite significant indication to the contrary.

Jan 27, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
I dont have a horse in the Whitfield game anymore (luckily traded last week).

But I think he's still a certain trade this week even if you still have him.

Despite his drop he still has some considerable value. He's got a large BE this week and unlikely to go big either (concussed players dont come out dominating, they have a weak 1st game back...).

I think he'll dish up another 50-65 and drop another $40-$50k.

Yes he'll probably come good eventually but based off what we've seen so far this year, who knows when that'll be? Could be 2 weeks. Could by 6 weeks. May not even happen this year? In the mean time you've get the green rolling.

Dont stick out a bad investment hoping it'll come good. Just my 2cents.
I'm still torn about this.
It can't have been a bad head knock otherwise he would not be playing this week. Maybe the knock realigns him with coronaball and he starts to score better. I think a lot of people are on edge because Whit has history of bouncing back after an injury affected game

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
The smarter move is to dump Whitfield and use the cash to advantage, and then get him again when he's cheap and back in form.
Last week I did Whitfield to Ward which allowed me to do Chayce Jones up to Bailey Smith. By the time that Taylor/Budarick are ready to be upgraded, Whitfield should be a prime target around 650k.

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Probably because hes averaging 40pts less than Neale and you arent going to pay 580k for someone to come in and score you 70's

People are paying 70k more for weller who is only averaging 5 more points. 77 avg is equivalent to 96.

There's also no chance Neale doesnt get tagged soon and he wont kick close to 2 goals a game for much longer

james95

Senior List
Sep 1, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
First of all nice work on the start so far!

I agree with Mezaire, all it takes is a couple of players to be dropped and you're a chance to get a zero...

If I was you I'd look to bring in Rivers for Williams as he will provide good cover on your bench and also generate cash for you later in the season, this is crucial for future upgrades.

With respect to Neale, he's definitely a good option but I would bring in Macrae if it was me. Dunkley being out will mean he should be thrown back to pure pn ball for the next few months and score really well. I think paying absolute top $$ for Neale gives the people ahead of you an advantage. He will get tagged at some stage and his price will come down, that's when it's a good time to grab him.

I like Brayshaw to Simpkin it's a no brainer and it will probably be the most popular trade this week.
Thanks for that. Actually really good point, for some reason I actually didn’t even think about the flow on affect to Macrae! That’s one I’ll definitely consider

james95

Senior List
Sep 1, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
People are paying 70k more for weller who is only averaging 5 more points. 77 avg is equivalent to 96.

There's also no chance Neale doesnt get tagged soon and he wont kick close to 2 goals a game for much longer
Fair point on Neale, I didn’t realise he’d kicked so many. I had brought him in this week for Dunkley, but I’m not considering swapping to Macrae as his role will improve with Dunkley out and Neale also hasn’t faced GWS yet. I’m hesitant against trading in tag candidates when I don’t know when they’re DeBoer match up will be yet

I see your point, but he's injured and is just short on preparation rather than being dropped for not being good enough (Which I have a few of), he should be back either this week or next. Who do I bring in anyhow? (already bringing in Pitt for Jacobs) It's likely Cameron will be dropped this week and make way for Cox. He will make $200k and be a great back up once he comes back if Grundy/Goldstein or Gawn go down or are a late withdrawal (it happens). His cash generation could be gold by around the round 10 mark.

Is a good point.

I am going all in on a midpricer strategy. Have traded out a lot of "super" premiums and hunting for points. Using that cash to upgrade rookies. If Naismith doesn't get named then that's a bit tricky as there isn't really a middle ground like there is for the other 3 positions - only Pitt.
Hey fellas,

I'm currently ranked 95th overall, got quite lucky nailing a couple of mid pricers from the start in Viney, Howe and Ainsworth.
Pissed off with my captaincy choices if I'd have been smart/conservative and left the C on Grundy for the first three weeks instead of going Dunkley/Cripps/Dunkley id be a further 90 points ahead and sitting 9th overall.

Round 2 trades:
D.Roberton -> M.Pittonet
D.Fort -> B.Bewley
T.Green -> N.McHenry

Round 3 trades:
L.Whitfield -> B.Smith
I.Cumming -> A.McGrath
S.Naismith -> D.Cameron
79k remaining

Currently before round 4 trades my side looks like this:

DEF: J.Crisp, S.Docherty, J.Howe, D.Houston, J.Brander, B.Starcevich (F.Mcasey, B.Williams)
MID: J.Dunkley, P.Cripps, T.Adams, T.Mitchell, J.Viney, A.McGrath, M.Rowell, N.Anderson (M.Pickett, N.McHenry)
RUC: B.Grundy, M.Pittonet (D.Cameron)
FWD: C.Petracca, B.Smith, A.Brayshaw, B.Ainsworth, B.Bewley, C.Budarick (C.Taylor, M.King)
UTIL: B.Cavarra

This week im going with:
D.Houston -> T.Rivers - 350k cash grab. Wines back seems to have ruined Houston CBA's and played most of last week off half back where DBJ seems to be Port's preferred ball handler.
Dunkley -> Neale - easy way to get Neale in in the end.
Brayshaw to Simpkin - almost a must have at his current price for output and if playing the BE game.

These three leave me with 293k in the kitty, gaining 214k and three players all with breakevens they will demolish and losing barely any points in the process.

Round 4 side:

DEF: J.Crisp, S.Docherty, J.Howe, J.Brander, B.Starcevich, T.Rivers (F.Mcasey, B.Williams)
MID: L.Neale, P.Cripps, T.Adams, T.Mitchell, J.Viney, A.McGrath, M.Rowell, N.Anderson (M.Pickett, N.McHenry)
RUC: B.Grundy (C), M.Pittonet (D.Cameron)
FWD: C.Petracca, B.Smith (VC), J.Simpkin, B.Ainsworth, B.Bewley, C.Budarick (C.Taylor, M.King)

I wanted to get Bennell in this week but he will be a swap for Pickett or Anderson next week at this stage.

My next two upgrades ill be aiming for are to get Whitfield back in two weeks once bottomed out for Bewley hopefully costing me less than 200k to upgrade and Jake Lloyd into my defence.

were you interested in any other midpricers? eg houston to doedee?

Aug 11, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Launceston FC
He still plays Adelaide this week who he should go HUGE on and then Port who don't tag.
With a B/E of 40 odd and an an average over the next two weeks of 100+, I'm happy to take the risk going forward!!

jimmydoves

Debutant
Mar 31, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
fu** YES NAISMITH IS BACK YOU RIPPER MY LUCK IS CHANGING IM BACK BABY

Oh and J mac in as well, love you Swannies!

Back for a Thursday night game as well, now able to chuck the E on him and chose wether to take his score or back in Pittonet, glad I held on the last couple weeks now!

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Whit for Wingard
Dunks for Simpkin
Cameron for Pittonet

Naismith (E) first game back

500k to play with next week

Very tempted

EDIT: Actually Sturt instead of Cameron, Cameron to utility and can use him as loophole for Naismith/vice if needed
Gonna have to chase premos next week after losing 2

Aug 11, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Launceston FC
Also interesting going fwd with Collingwood looking likely to travel West..
The only tough ruckman he will face will be NN, the other 3 games will be captain worthy.
Although due to the time difference I can't see there being many night games so VC might not be an option.

SO in conclusion, if you are thinking of trading Grundy for $$, don't!!

james95

Senior List
Sep 1, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Back for a Thursday night game as well, now able to chuck the E on him and chose wether to take his score or back in Pittonet, glad I held on the last couple weeks now!
How do you do that? Do you have a non playing ruck as your utility?
To take his score as EMG you'd have to get Pittonet off the field and have another non scoring ruck to sub on

darooda

Senior List
Feb 20, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
LA Clippers
A bit torn on my final final trade.

1. Anderson up to Sidebottom (+57pts, 3% ownership);

2. Rayner to Petracca (+53pts, +$170k, 32% ownership)

First option leaves only 2 rooks in mids and brings in sidebottom who is a proven entity, is on fire and is unique.

Second option deals with a problematic Rayner and gives me some cash to plug up another leak. Only concern is whether Petracca is the real deal this year as he has promised so much before and I’ve been burnt plus isn’t a POD.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dan12

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2011
Albury
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hey fellas,

I'm currently ranked 95th overall, got quite lucky nailing a couple of mid pricers from the start in Viney, Howe and Ainsworth.
Pissed off with my captaincy choices if I'd have been smart/conservative and left the C on Grundy for the first three weeks instead of going Dunkley/Cripps/Dunkley id be a further 90 points ahead and sitting 9th overall.

Round 2 trades:
D.Roberton -> M.Pittonet
D.Fort -> B.Bewley
T.Green -> N.McHenry

Round 3 trades:
L.Whitfield -> B.Smith
I.Cumming -> A.McGrath
S.Naismith -> D.Cameron
79k remaining

Currently before round 4 trades my side looks like this:

DEF: J.Crisp, S.Docherty, J.Howe, D.Houston, J.Brander, B.Starcevich (F.Mcasey, B.Williams)
MID: J.Dunkley, P.Cripps, T.Adams, T.Mitchell, J.Viney, A.McGrath, M.Rowell, N.Anderson (M.Pickett, N.McHenry)
RUC: B.Grundy, M.Pittonet (D.Cameron)
FWD: C.Petracca, B.Smith, A.Brayshaw, B.Ainsworth, B.Bewley, C.Budarick (C.Taylor, M.King)

This week im going with:
D.Houston -> T.Rivers - 350k cash grab. Wines back seems to have ruined Houston CBA's and played most of last week off half back where DBJ seems to be Port's preferred ball handler.
Dunkley -> Neale - easy way to get Neale in in the end.
Brayshaw to Simpkin - almost a must have at his current price for output and if playing the BE game.

These three leave me with 293k in the kitty, gaining 214k and three players all with breakevens they will demolish and losing barely any points in the process.

Round 4 side:

DEF: J.Crisp, S.Docherty, J.Howe, J.Brander, B.Starcevich, T.Rivers (F.Mcasey, B.Williams)
MID: L.Neale, P.Cripps, T.Adams, T.Mitchell, J.Viney, A.McGrath, M.Rowell, N.Anderson (M.Pickett, N.McHenry)
RUC: B.Grundy (C), M.Pittonet (D.Cameron)
FWD: C.Petracca, B.Smith (VC), J.Simpkin, B.Ainsworth, B.Bewley, C.Budarick (C.Taylor, M.King)

I wanted to get Bennell in this week but he will be a swap for Pickett or Anderson next week at this stage.

My next two upgrades ill be aiming for are to get Whitfield back in two weeks once bottomed out for Bewley hopefully costing me less than 200k to upgrade and Jake Lloyd into my defence.
You've smashed it mate, with your starting team and those trades. I think Neale is a touch overpriced (prefer Lyons), but hey you've got 300k to play with, pretty straightforward to get the highest scorer in the comp. Good luck, your team should continue to climb the ranks.

dodgie

Team Captain
Dec 1, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Eesh I can do a bit of luxury trading here this week I think.

I'm going
Jacobs -> Nic Nat
Brayshaw -> Simpkin
Cavarra -> Vandermeer

It finally gets rid of Cavarra to hopefully get some cash generation there and even if Vandermeer gets dropped next week, it's a hell of alot easier to trade a 216k rookie than a 173k rookie. Nic Nat has a pretty ridiculous BE and the %TOG last week was 69% which really isn't all that bad for him. Tempted to try to get to Goldstein instead, but think I'll use the cash generation from Nic and the time to work out which of Grundy, Gawn and Goldstein are the real top 2 rucks. Brayshaw is my rage trade, so he's guaranteed to score 100 this week.

Jan 27, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
FMD Naismith back, about time campaigner. Of course he comes back the week I want to get in Pittojet, my last chance to. Is it still worth getting Worldwide even if I already have Grundy and Naismith? Can’t bear to bench one of Naismith/Pitt every week while I have rookie spuds on field scoring 40s.
Worldwide can easily make at least 150k in the next month if he stays on the park. So do I still get him in this week?

staffa002

Club Legend
May 14, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Is it blasphemy to trade titch. I am just not seeing his piggish self. For some reason these 16min games r really hurting those that use to junk it up and he was the best at it. Also hawthorn midfield is more balanced now and looks less reliant on him. Am i craazy?

Aug 11, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Launceston FC
FMD Naismith back, about time campaigner. Of course he comes back the week I want to get in Pittojet, my last chance to. Is it still worth getting Worldwide even if I already have Grundy and Naismith? Can’t bear to bench one of Naismith/Pitt every week while I have rookie spuds on field scoring 40s.
Worldwide can easily make at least 150k in the next month if he stays on the park. So do I still get him in this week?
I started with Naismith on the bench and happy to keep him there with Grundy and now Pitt on the field.
You gotta make cash somewhere and if all goes well both will be worth $500k in a few weeks.

Also if Grundy is a late out there is going to be heaps of the comp struggle so I'm happy to have the cover for now.

Apr 4, 2019
Perth
AFL Club
St Kilda

Only reason I have Pitt is for insurance for Naismith. That alone has been worth having him so far.

jimmydoves

Debutant
Mar 31, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
How do you do that? Do you have a non playing ruck as your utility?
To take his score as EMG you'd have to get Pittonet off the field and have another non scoring ruck to sub on

Yeah have Cameron at utility at the moment and all the noise is that he is getting dropped for Cox, so that gives a bit of flexibility there.

A bit torn on my final final trade.

1. Anderson up to Sidebottom (+57pts, 3% ownership);

2. Rayner to Petracca (+53pts, +$170k, 32% ownership)

I would hold off one more week on pulling the trigger on sidebottom honestly as I'm considering the same move. Up against GWS this week and while you think De Boer will tag Pendles most likely, there's still the risk with the form sidebottom is in. Plus, I think a week to see how the pies midfield share the ball around with Treloar back in is important. Everyone always talks about how Treloar and Adams affect each other, but Sidebottom largely had his ripping 2018 form with Treloar out of the team as well, so just want to see if he maintains it this week first.

As someone that massively regretted not getting in ROB last year, pull the trigger on Pittonet. Still has a lot more cash to make and while it sucks having one of them on bench, it's better than watching both of them likely pushing 550-600k and not being able to cash them in later.

Back