Prediction Fixtures Requests/Prediction? Rounds 6-9.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
If you were making the fixture, who would you like to play, where would you like to play them and why?

Also what is the worst possible team we could play and where?

Round 6 - Suns @ Metricon.
Want to see Rowell on Pendles.

Round 7 - Blues @ the G.
It would be nice to knock them down a peg or two after they had their one (and only) win for the season.

Round 8 - North @ Marvel.
Think they’re an interesting team.

Round 9 - Port @ A Oval.
It would be an interesting clash. I’d want to play them there so they can’t complain (if) when we win, “you only won because it’s at the G”.

I definitely think we’ll travel twice in this block of 4 games.

My nightmare : WCE at Optus. They’re gonna be breathing fire. However, I think it might happen as AFL will feel sorry for them.

adelaide would be good...at home. eagles in melbourne before they get back on track. any other team that looks a bit shaky

Round 6 Collingwood Vs Carlton MCG
Round 7 West Coast Vs Collingwood Perth Stadium
Round 8 Fremantle Vs Collingwood Perth Stadium
Round 9 Collingwood Vs Brisbane MCG

Weirdly, I don’t mind this....... Brisbane at the G is good. However, I feel like we are gonna play a few games in Qld due to the crowd coming back.

Does this mean we won't need to travel any further for the year? Playing three interstate teams on their home turf is as much as we need to in a shortened season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’re going to have (on paper) a cushy run into the finals. We’ll have played all the other finalists from 2019 in the first 9 rounds.

That of course means that we won’t play a single finalist from last year in the second half of the season.

It’s hard to predict what will happen with travel, but all things being equal we would only have 1 more away game against an interstate team after WA as well.

Get to the end of the WA hub with only a couple of losses and we’re sitting pretty.

Finish strong before we run into the finals!
or just get a false sense of security and become complacent :)

Still a bit worried about our second halves in games - we tend to face away a bit; even though you can argue we do enough to win (except for the Tigers game), most teams make a comeback and we have found it difficult to stem their momentum and/or score ourselves.

Bring on the Hub! I'm excited for it actually

Avoid a trip down to the Cattery too, would much rather play them in Perth than at Sleepy Hollow

I just hope we embrace the challenge and opportunity of the hub. Not sook it up like the Weagles. You would have thought they were being sent to Adelaide for four weeks, not sunny Brisbane in winter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back