News Impact of COVID-19 on season 2020 and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS is playing Port already that round, so the more likely option is the Carlton v Sydney game will be flipped with ours so that we play Sydney.

They can’t do that either as Carlton would then have to play Melbourne which has alreadyhappened.

We also need to factor in that both Gold Coast and Brisbane are scheduled to play at the MCG that round... does this happen?

playing in Geelong would be ok thanks to the explicit use of Melbourne (as opposed to Victoria). that being said the 3rd point makes things more then a little tricky.

hope the Victorian sides are starting to pack their bags

This season will soon have to be played totally outside of Vic. Not WA bias here but only logical way is by having an all Vic AFL Club Hub in WA and SA.

If the COVID cases continued to escalate it a full lockdown occurred in Vic then clubs couldn't move without full imposed hotel isolation.

Either call the seasoning or get the Vic teams relocated immediately.

This season will soon have to be played totally outside of Vic. Not WA bias here but only logical way is by having an all Vic AFL Club Hub in WA and SA.

If the COVID cases continued to escalate it a full lockdown occurred in Vic then clubs couldn't move without full imposed hotel isolation.

Either call the seasoning or get the Vic teams relocated immediately.
Pretty sure that's where we are heading.

Firmly believe this season can really set us up long term.

Hopefully we win the next two weeks to build some momentum heading home.

We'll win half our games at home and take confidence into next year with 10+ games under Sturt, Henry, Young and Serong and the game plan well and truly embedded.

We'll win half our games at home and take confidence into next year with 10+ games under Sturt, Henry, Young and Serong and the game plan well and truly embedded.
Aaahh that good old Monday evening optimism! By Thursday we will all be convinced that this is a premiership list, (I think the exact same btw 😂). On a serious note, I still think the side is good enough to win 4 or 5 games out of 17 and finish 12th to 15th. Wouldn’t be in such a hurry to see Henry though, he just looks so delicate still to me. I’d say butters and Thomas are closer to a game given their training load in recent weeks. It’s a pity the boys can’t play for Peel in August when WAFL starts back..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. Teams are becoming disjointed. It'll benefit us at an optimal time. Young players working hard. Coming home to WA will do a world of good after this hub.

Aaahh that good old Monday evening optimism! By Thursday we will all be convinced that this is a premiership list, (I think the exact same btw 😂). On a serious note, I still think the side is good enough to win 4 or 5 games out of 17 and finish 12th to 15th. Wouldn’t be in such a hurry to see Henry though, he just looks so delicate still to me. I’d say butters and Thomas are closer to a game given their training load in recent weeks. It’s a pity the boys can’t play for Peel in August when WAFL starts back..
Nup, get Henry in to satisfy my own selfish desires.

Could be some half decent scratch matches in the hub with the amount of teams in each one. Daniels today said teams in hubs could be extended to 6 weeks

Unfortunately GWS is looking like our opposition after the Crows
We've had a pretty daunting start to the comp and there doesn't look an easy game looming

This season is over. That campsigner Cotchin has said Richmond wouldn't bring a full-strength side to a hub.

The AFL should never have extended the QLD hub after this weekend.

Players can't be playing for a premiership cup.

This season is over. That campsigner Cotchin has said Richmond wouldn't bring a full-strength side to a hub.

The AFL should never have extended the QLD hub after this weekend.

Players can't be playing for a premiership cup.

Cotchin was one of the players upset at the idea of going to a hub before but given how happy the AFL were to let Essendon potentially field a side missing eight of their first choice players to keep the season going I expect they will tell the clubs that their players not going is a them problem and those players probably shouldn't get paid for the part of the season they are choosing to sit out of.

Cotchin was one of the players upset at the idea of going to a hub before but given how happy the AFL were to let Essendon potentially field a side missing eight of their first choice players to keep the season going I expect they will tell the clubs that their players not going is a them problem and those players probably shouldn't get paid for the part of the season they are choosing to sit out of.

I agree and to cut payment is fair enough

The issue I have is that it will compromise the season and punish teams that field strong sides by winning games over other clubs when it comes to the draft.

Last edited:
I agree and to cut payment is fair enough

The issue I have is that it will compromise the season and punish teams that field string sides by winning games over other clubs when it comes to the draft.
That's a really good point.

If the clubs don't see this season as much of anything then tanking with the tick of approval from the AFL by leaving their star players out will heavily distort their access to the high quality talent.

I respect a family decision (expecting) to stay but the rest of Cotchin's piece just sounds like whinging. Suck it up Trent. You are not in a worse position than the WA or SA clubs are right now.

Also, what is his angle? Is he trying to batter with the state governments or the virus itself. None of those things give a **** what you think.

******* lol, Trent Cotchin can go and get ****ed, the hypocritical jackass

Now it makes sense why Richmond were being sent to GC to face WC, so Ol' Cotchy doesnt have to suffer like the rest of the non-Vic plebs.

He is now my easily most hated player

edit: edited, too harsh

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back