Preview Changes v Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not claiming as my observation because it's been noted by a few, we do appear to be quietly rebuilding in plain sight.

• Mahoney Year 1
  • Scott Year 2
  • Thomas Year 2
  • Taylor Year 2
  • Bonar Year 3
  • Hayden Year 3
  • Murphy Year 3
  • Xerri Year 3
yep. You can add LDU as well.

We're rebuilding the plane while it's in flight. None of this bottoming out and tanking nonsense.
I think that if the Crows finish bottom this year, then we will be the only remaining club that's never had a number 1 pick. I for one, am damn proud of that.

By all reports he's covering ground well, and his fitness would be the biggest query. He's a pretty cool and calm customer with good skills, reeks of the type that as long as he's fit would take a quarter to adjust to the speed of the game and then continue on from where they were pre injury. If his scratch match was as good as suggested I'd bring him right in.

Really hoping Taz pulls up ok, as that could throw a gigantic spanner into the works otherwise. Hard to pinpoint the changes without knowing the status of Taz and Cunners, and just how fit and in form Maj etc are.

Would like to see Walker and Scott in, probably at the cost of JZ + Atley/Ahern. Scott to possibly take Dumont's wing and Dumont to take more of an inside role to cover for cunners.

If Murphy is fit and firing I'd axe the both of Atley and Ahern and plonk Murphy straight into Atley's spot.

Funny enough I stopped by training today hoping to see if Cunners was out there, but when I was there it was just the backs and forwards training on opposite ends of the ground.

Walker was training with the forwards and looked fine. Be great to get him in the side.

What are the rules regarding training numbers? Neither Taz or Maj were out training with the defenders but that could be just due to restrictions.

Thomas and Zurhaar weren’t training with the forwards. Turner was though.

Larkey was out there running the sideline and practicing set shots.

I was only there for about 15 minutes

What are the rules regarding training numbers? Neither Taz or Maj were out training with the defenders but that could be just due to restrictions.

They can only have 1 full group session Per week not sure what the numbers are for the other days but I’d guess around 7-8
And pretty sure they mix the groups up now so if one person gets COVID it doesn’t wipe out the entire one playing line

We're rebuilding the plane while it's in flight. None of this bottoming out and tanking nonsense.
I think that if the Crows finish bottom this year, then we will be the only remaining club that's never had a number 1 pick. I for one, am damn proud of that.

Port the other club hasn't had a no. 1.

Taz would be having the week off.

My addition to this discussion is I have absolutely no idea what will happen this week at selection. We were bad, but good for 20 minutes, and those who were bad then played good and the captain is injured and played bad but his potential replacement wasn't very good the week prior which is bad but cunners back could come good

My addition to this discussion is I have absolutely no idea what will happen this week at selection. We were bad, but good for 20 minutes, and those who were bad then played good and the captain is injured and played bad but his potential replacement wasn't very good the week prior which is bad but cunners back could come good
Not bad

Seriously, could be any of Daw Wood Murphy Bonar Cunnington Jmac Scott coming in for Ziebell and up to half a dozen blokes dropped on the back of an ordinary couple weeks. Very interesting selection ahead

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can add walker to the mix given the articles on him but won't be wholesale changes thinking 2 max personally.. daw be another week yet I would think

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd go further. He's got enough credits in the bank for the whole year for me. Having a group of players running around avoiding mistakes ain't worth a pinch in this game. At least he dares. I'd be tipping 15 out before this bloke.

He really hasn’t been taking many big risks. Just seems indecisive with ball in hand and missing simple passes.

If we're going off 2012 form I'd give Boomer a run on the weekend.

Don’t forget Basti As he was on fire that season

He really hasn’t been taking many big risks. Just seems indecisive with ball in hand and missing simple passes.

He was free with acres of space an awful lot. Hard to judge from a single viewing on the couch, but I have to suspect they identified him as someone with suspect footskills and worked to exploit it.

I was thinking about this before, we regularly play the likes of Ahern, Bonar, Mahoney etc for around half the game. Surely Maj could put in 60% game time with a decent amount in the goal square to save his fitness.
This is Maj, he heals at a rate of knots, a week down from his comeback run he'd be in peak fitness.👍

How are Tarrant and Daw going? Last few years it's felt like Daw has ripped us a new one every time we face you guys, just struggle to get anything past him. Your spine is the most important part of this game imo - Tarrant, Daw, Goldstein and Brown could all cause trouble for us

How are Tarrant and Daw going? Last few years it's felt like Daw has ripped us a new one every time we face you guys, just struggle to get anything past him. Your spine is the most important part of this game imo - Tarrant, Daw, Goldstein and Brown could all cause trouble for us

Taz is potentially under an injury cloud after landing on his arm heavily during the last game and hurting *something* that for at least a while had him in great pain and prevented him from fully lifting his arm, 5 minutes later he's miraculously back on the field and as solid as ever. Anyone's guess at this stage if there will be any fallout from that, it was reported he wasn't on the ground training today but that's not completely unusual considering the limitations on training.

Daw is anyone's guess. He's healthy again, but the question mark is conditioning and touch. Might be in, might not.

Goldstein is doing better than his AA form, completing his regular ruck demolition jobs but also racking up more clearances than the majority of mids.

Brown is at literally the lowest form of his career.

Going to be an interesting game

Taz is potentially under an injury cloud after landing on his arm heavily during the last game and hurting *something* that for at least a while had him in great pain and prevented him from fully lifting his arm, 5 minutes later he's miraculously back on the field and as solid as ever. Anyone's guess at this stage if there will be any fallout from that, it was reported he wasn't on the ground training today but that's not completely unusual considering the limitations on training.

Daw is anyone's guess. He's healthy again, but the question mark is conditioning and touch. Might be in, might not.

Goldstein is doing better than his AA form, completing his regular ruck demolition jobs but also racking up more clearances than the majority of mids.

Brown is at literally the lowest form of his career.

Going to be an interesting game
Yeah there's some rumours floating on our board that we may debut Sweet this week (ruckman). If not, English is going to get absolutely monstered in the taps. Goldy has been massive this year.

Brown being down on form helps us, he seems to play well on us every time. Last 3 games against us he's had 3, 4 and 5 goals

Geelong only had a 1st pick (1990) due to a trade, they played in the GF the year before! Other than that, only 7 top 10 picks in the last 25 years, none lower than pick 7.

North are rebuilding very nicely 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back