Past #37: Kyron Hayden - delisted end '22 - 12 NM games/ 0 NM goals - thanks Ronny

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking more and more comfortable at the level with each game. Has tricks and the growing confidence he has appears to be freeing him up to display them.

Taylor, Simpkin and now Hayden all with the tick alongside their names on the futures whiteboard.

Really excited about this kid. Finally someone who has some pace who wants to take the game on and can hit a target
Is only going to get better as well.

To only recently get over an Achilles and perform like this is a really good sign.

Achilles generally take a good 12 months after you return to get back to full fitness, so he is tracking really well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still remember when you came on here talking about him. Other people have done that before but something about what you said really stayed with me ... it was that for all his talent and attributes it was his dedication that impressed you most.

Then I met him at the family day before his first season, was very impressed with his personality for some reason and ever since I've just had this feeling about him. He is one I have really been hanging out to see play. I haven't mentioned much about it compared to how much I want to see him getting a good run at it. I was genuinely pissed off that he got injured last year. And I love seeing him with a few games in a row.

And now I get why you are so impressed. He is certainly showing why now. He has real ability, physicality, athleticism and vision. If he keeps building like this he will become a top level player. (I've actually thought about playing Cunners' role. He could do it but with more mobility, he has good vision too, tho whether it's at Cunners' level is yet to be seen. Hard to imagine many players like that.)

And yet the thing that stays with me is how impressed you were initially with his attitude, you constantly reinforce that too. I can understand why now too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back