Scandal Collingwood star Jordan De Goey charged with indecent assault - NO sexual jokes or inappropriate comments.

NOTE: No jokes about sexual assault or the alleged victim. Keep it clean, civil and remember Jordan De Goey has only been charged at this stage and NOT found guilty of anything.

Last edited:

St_Pyro

Debutant
Sep 27, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well this should put to bed any accusations of a culture problem at other clubs by any Collingwood supporters. :$

Apr 13, 2008
Drunk in a ditch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Psyduck, Psyduck, Psyduck
Only prior underworld involvement, sexual assault charges, a sordid history of racism including direct racist remarks from the Prez, nefarious Sunday binges during the season... and on top of that their team is rubbish again.

Not a great week for the club.

Glass houses and all that ....

By the way why did it take Carlton 7 years to get the 82 premiership flag back of the Moran family?

BBC1967

Cancelled
Aug 9, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond

If people on a jury ‘felt’ someone was guilty but had no evidence then I suggest they represent the flaws in our legal system.
Imagine your response if it was a player from Rich,Ess, Carl. Not to mention your clubs pitiful in all forms of misbehaviour since 2010. Yes we all have them - you have more, WHY? And I risk being in need of help from Pie posters for having this opinion.

Stax on the mill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Glass houses and all that ....

By the way why did it take Carlton 7 years to get the 82 premiership flag back of the Moran family?
Not to speak of a conga line of Carlton presidents charged with criminal offences, and the cover up of an alleged sexual assault following the Blues 1999 GF loss. And of their champion ex ruckman’s various dishonesty offences. And... and.. and.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
I now expect everyone in the football world including Collingwood supporters to treat DeGoey aswell as they treated Milne.

If convicted im sure they will.

Btw Milne was charged with rape then after the st.kilda board member and policeman working his case "lost" the key files, he then pled guilty to the lesser charge of indecent assault (which is the charge Degoeys on).

Last edited:

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Can we get a poll attached to this thread. Curious to see what % think JdG should be stood down or allowed to play?

Personally, I think this could be a PR disaster. Standing down JdG, while on pay and offering him support, has no real negatives apart from on-field.

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
When I was in my early 20's I played at a footy club where the footy trip and Saturday night stories involved all sorts of stuff that didn't pass the test. Nothing I witnessed in person but that was more good fortune than anything else.

The same club then got under 19's, who then grew up and replaced a lot of the older guys and it changed from a place you wouldn't bring your girlfriend to a place that all the girlfriends hung out at. Then the girlfriends started playing in their own sides as the wave of women's footy swept across the country.

There's still a lot of young people mixing, drinking and bad choices bound to happen. The boys are still the lads. The girls are absolutely still the lads too, some of the stories of the consensual stuff they get up to! But a bit of inclusive culture and clamping down on inappropriate behaviour can go a long way.

Conversely I know of cases in highschool where girls cried wolf and nothing had ever happened. 1 of the girls had never even spoke to the guy, never even met him outside of walking past the poor prick in school. Luckily she recanted after being confronted by the guys GF who caught her out in the lie.

Yes we need to take more cases seriously but equally there are inoccent men out there that get forever tarnished by jilted exes or crazy randoms looking for attention money or god knows what.

In Degoeys case I don't know the details if hes done the wrong thing with proof then he deserves whatever he gets.

brett15

Flog Status Confirmed
Aug 8, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
AFL set the precedent some time ago by allowing Milne and Majak Daw to play on after both had been charged with rape. Can’t remember exactly what Wayne Carey was charged with in relation to the woman he groped, but don’t think the AFL stood him down either. Not saying it’s right, but that’s the road they’ve chosen to go down,

Being charged isn't proof of guilt, that verdict has to be established by the courts before the AFL can implement action.

Being charged isn't proof of guilt, that verdict has to be established by the courts before the AFL can implement action.
The Federal Court ruled the NRL's "no fault" stand down lawful in the Jack de Belin case so the AFL would have some legal precedent to stand him down pending the outcome of the trial. I agree that he's entitled to the presumption of innocence but I wonder how many sponsors are comfortable with him running round representing their brand.

BBC1967

Cancelled
Aug 9, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
The Federal Court ruled the NRL's "no fault" stand down lawful in the Jack de Belin case so the AFL would have some legal precedent to stand him down pending the outcome of the trial. I agree that he's entitled to the presumption of innocence but I wonder how many sponsors are comfortable with him running round representing their brand.
Judging from SOME posts on BF, and their Presidents ramblings they couldn’t care less.

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
Simple, poster cast aspersions on Collingwood's underworld connections which is nothing a Carlton supporter should ever ever do ;)
Still it had nothing to do with De Goey, you pulled a poster up for talking crap and then proceeded to talk crap yourself.

BBC1967

Cancelled
Aug 9, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond

Btw Milne was charged with rape then after the st.kilda board member and policeman working his case "lost" the key files, he then pled guilty to the lesser charge of indecent sexual assault (which is the charge Degoeys on).
Proof?

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood

A RAID by anti-corruption police has confirmed that evidence in the rape case against St Kilda footballer Stephen Milne has disappeared.
Last night, Channel Nine reported that members of the ethical standards department raided the Brighton criminal investigation unit at the station, where they discovered that a large amount of evidence from the case against Milne was missing, including master tapes of interviews.

THE rape case against St Kilda footballer Stephen Milne, dismissed six years ago for lack of evidence, may be reopened after a second former policeman went public last night with allegations of interference in the investigation from within the police force.

Btw Milne was charged with rape then after the st.kilda board member and policeman working his case "lost" the key files, he then pled guilty to the lesser charge of indecent sexual assault (which is the charge Degoeys on).
Isn't it just indecent assault?

sounda

Cancelled
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Keep victim in mind.

There is no victim until a crime has been proven. To be a victim of a crime requires a criminal act. Fact!

A charge is simply ... a charge. it is but one incomplete side of the equation. Fact!

The evidence has not been tested against the rules of evidence in court. Fact!

Speculative sentences like "Keep victim in mind." is a very mischievous and misleading attempt to imply guilt. You have no right to do that. Fact!

Cool your jets sunshine!

Jul 30, 2011
Right behind you
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Gunners & Steelers

If people on a jury ‘felt’ someone was guilty but had no evidence then I suggest they represent the flaws in our legal system.

Nope. That’s the system that has worked very well for around 1000 years. You can ‘feel’ somebody did something but it’s up to the DPP to prove they did it. If it can’t be proved then they are innocent, hence the innocent until proven guilty trope. It’s never innocent unless you think they might be guilty.

OJ killed his ex wife and her boyfriend. Of that I’m sure, along with most of us, but they couldn’t prove it so he walked.

The Walsh street cop killers the same. They did it, but in a trial there was enough doubt that they were found not guilty.

It’s never up to the accused to prove they didn’t do such and such; it’s up to the Crown to prove they did such and such.

I see no flaw in a system that does what it can to stop an innocent person going to jail even if it means many guilty people go free to uphold that.

Imagine your response if it was a player from Rich,Ess, Carl. Not to mention your clubs pitiful in all forms of misbehaviour since 2010. Yes we all have them - you have more, WHY? And I risk being in need of help from Pie posters for having this opinion.

Thanks John Lennon. I didn’t say one word about Collingwood or Degoey. Wasn’t even talking about them. Was discussing the legal system. Only you with your Collingwood fascination could make my post about Collingwood. Your envy of us is a beautiful thing. You are certainly not Juror 8.

Back