Past #37: Kyron Hayden - delisted end '22 - 12 NM games/ 0 NM goals - thanks Ronny

Remove this Banner Ad

And here's an example of what I like Waussie.

In last nights game someone, maybe Bruce, called him off going for the mark. Bruce marked and kicked a goal directly in front. We all saw it. And Hayden knew he ****ed up straight away, even before JMac sprayed him.

Later in the game the was a high ball going into their forward line around or just inside the 50. His commitment to own that ball and win that mark really stood out. You could see it thru the telly even. It wasn't a particularly dangerous situation and probably ended up an uncontested mark but his commitment to take it even if a semi trailer was bearing down on him was obvious to me. It was clear he learned from that error and had determined that he would not * up like that again. It stood out to me and I loved it.

That more than anything else he did last night was what impressed me the most.

I thought he went out of the game a bit in the third when they dominated but was not on his own there. Before that he was one of the better players on the ground.

Last edited:

I hate that when he gets the ball we have the usual suspects lining up for a sideways or backwards pass.
I love that he ignores them and looks for a forward option.

More of this mentality please.
I love the fact it's usually Jye lining up for it👍

Shoot I missed that, gotta stop drinking. That's what we loved watching him do in the WAFL, when he gets a head of steam up watch out.
Ferbs your right I and others always had time for this guy, he can play, he's fundamentally sound and bloody athletic, just play well on confidence so as that builds so will his game.
He had a bloody horror run with injuries just as he was starting to really stand out and most would have thrown in the towel, but this kid doesn't give in.
He was first diagnosed with OP just after the 16's state carnival that he Captained, he still came down to watch us at 18 state training even though he couldn't even join in the rehab group.
He spent hours in the Subi gym working on his upper body( he had 9 months of no work below the waist outside of gentle walking) so a lot of guys got to know him quite well.
Talking to some guys from Subi, they are expecting his brother down there soon, so he's obviously looking to follow in his bb footsteps.

Loved seeing Kyron spear a 35m pass straight up the middle from our defensive 50 in the second half, rather than the typical 15m chip kick sideways to the pocket.

Absolute breath of fresh air with his attack on the ball and willingness to take the game on.

Will be a player.

Rapidly improving with each game. Seems a very solid option for the future, good speed, power, athletic and can hit the odd pass. Could be a big bonus if we can push an extra 10 games into him this year.

Rapidly improving with each game. Seems a very solid option for the future, good speed, power, athletic and can hit the odd pass. Could be a big bonus if we can push an extra 10 games into him this year.

There’s no excuse not to play him. He’s holding his own and we haven‘t exactly got a couple of All Australians waiting to come in.

I hate that when he gets the ball we have the usual suspects lining up for a sideways or backwards pass.
I love that he ignores them and looks for a forward option.

More of this mentality please.
Wasn't that Dean Laidleys old "best option" football were players were told to slow the pace of the game down, look for the best option player even if that meant kicking sideways or backwards. It was normally signalled by a player getting the ball, holding it up to signal that they couldn't be f**ked looking down the ground, and wanted to slow the pace down as they were out of breath 5 minutes into the 1/4? It was normally meet with a collective groan from the stands as North supporters said not this s**t again! :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It certainly hasn't taken Curtis long to learn the game plan of playing on after a mark despite not having the space to do so.

Can’t blame a guy for trying to move things along when you’re behind the eight ball. Time and again, the commentators say “they’ll have to take a risk”. Usually, it doesn’t end pretty, though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shoot I missed that, gotta stop drinking. That's what we loved watching him do in the WAFL, when he gets a head of steam up watch out.
Ferbs your right I and others always had time for this guy, he can play, he's fundamentally sound and bloody athletic, just play well on confidence so as that builds so will his game.
He had a bloody horror run with injuries just as he was starting to really stand out and most would have thrown in the towel, but this kid doesn't give in.
He was first diagnosed with OP just after the 16's state carnival that he Captained, he still came down to watch us at 18 state training even though he couldn't even join in the rehab group.
He spent hours in the Subi gym working on his upper body( he had 9 months of no work below the waist outside of gentle walking) so a lot of guys got to know him quite well.
Talking to some guys from Subi, they are expecting his brother down there soon, so he's obviously looking to follow in his bb footsteps.
Kyrons younger brother is a monster already.. Can we hide him somehow?
or does he want to move to tassie?

Certainly got attacking flair, hopefully the coach's style can get the most out of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back