Votes: 9 4.2%
  • Nathan Broad

Votes: 21 9.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1593999640525.png

Can someone with access to the HeraldSun articles leave a comment and tell Slobbo to just fck off? Or "at" him on Twitter or something? Like seriously, when do we get an actual *ingg break in the media?

First and foremost, look at any Premiership side, especially those that win a few in a short space of time. Tell me that all of those sides don't have a blessed or near-blessed run with injury? You simply have to have your best players out there to win it, system makes a club good but gun players makes it great. You cannot tell me Hawthorn didn't have most of their best players almost always available and match fit?

But, as *ingg always, people still forget...

- Were we not missing Vlastuin for like 10-12 weeks with a shoulder?
- Didn't Houli miss a large patch?
- Didn't Shane Edwards miss a large patch after hurting his hip in round 2 vs. Collingwood?
- Didn't Conca break his foot and miss the rest of the season after round 6? (best 22 at the time)
- Didn't our second tall get concussed for the millionth time, forcing us to play a small forward line that ended up being a boon and a thing to be praised by the very media telling us we were kissed on the dck?
- Didn't we lose like 3 players late in the year, forcing us to play some guys (Broad, Graham, Townsend) that ended up being Premiership players out of nowhere?

-
Forgive me if I'm mistaken but did we not lose the generation's greatest defender for the entirety of the season in round 1?
- Did we not continue to lose players consistently (senior, top 8-10 players) up until halfway through the year, barely staying afloat until we finally got them back one by one and then managed to win TWELVE ******* STRAIGHT GAMES ?!
- Despite this, didn't Prestia carry an achilles through the whole season, our best and fairest winner?
- Didn't we cop injuries in the prelim and still win it, but also forcing us to play a debutant in the grand final and win easy?

Seriously, memories are way, WAY too short and that headline annoyed me enough to want to post this rant. Even forgetting the above, how many top players have we lost to injury before they could truly flourish, especially in a time when we really needed more guys to stand up? Just to name a few, Nathan Brown, Nathan Foley, Mark Coughlan... All best and fairest ilk players, all in a time when we needed someone other than Richo, all had their careers ruined by injury.

Just give us a ******* break, 2017 was decent enough injury-wise but only if you're comparing us to Collingwood who did have more than they deserved. Otherwise, we had our fair share too. Just bugger off Slobbo.

View attachment 907091

Can someone with access to the HeraldSun articles leave a comment and tell Slobbo to just fck off? Or "at" him on Twitter or something? Like seriously, when do we get an actual *ingg break in the media?

First and foremost, look at any Premiership side, especially those that win a few in a short space of time. Tell me that all of those sides don't have a blessed or near-blessed run with injury? You simply have to have your best players out there to win it, system makes a club good but gun players makes it great. You cannot tell me Hawthorn didn't have most of their best players almost always available and match fit?

- Didn't Conca break his foot and miss the rest of the season after round 6? (best 22 at the time)
- Didn't our second tall get concussed for the millionth time, forcing us to play a small forward line that ended up being a boon and a thing to be praised by the very media telling us we were kissed on the dck?
- Didn't we lose like 3 players late in the year, forcing us to play some guys (Broad, Graham, Townsend) that ended up being Premiership players out of nowhere?

-
Forgive me if I'm mistaken but did we not lose the generation's greatest defender for the entirety of the season in round 1?
- Did we not continue to lose players consistently (senior, top 8-10 players) up until halfway through the year, barely staying afloat until we finally got them back one by one and then managed to win TWELVE ******* STRAIGHT GAMES ?!
- Despite this, didn't Prestia carry an achilles through the whole season, our best and fairest winner?
- Didn't we cop injuries in the prelim and still win it, but also forcing us to play a debutant in the grand final and win easy?

Seriously, memories are way, WAY too short and that headline annoyed me enough to want to post this rant. Even forgetting the above, how many top players have we lost to injury before they could truly flourish, especially in a time when we really needed more guys to stand up? Just to name a few, Nathan Brown, Nathan Foley, Mark Coughlan... All best and fairest ilk players, all in a time when we needed someone other than Richo, all had their careers ruined by injury.

Just give us a ******* break, 2017 was decent enough injury-wise but only if you're comparing us to Collingwood who did have more than they deserved. Otherwise, we had our fair share too. Just bugger off Slobbo.
dont hold back tell us what you really think

I hope our whole list is flying out of Melbourne. And a question: can players,who are returning from injury, or new dads join the hub in 2 or 3 weeks time?

Good question, from what I understood originally no, but with DeGoey they were saying yesterday he would need to pass 2 covid tests to be able to join his teammates, so going by that its ok?

How long is Dion out for?

1-4 weeks is a good result
1-2 months I will accept
2-3 months is shattering
3+ months get farked

Syndesmosis is the injury Jack Ross had last year and he wasn't the same player when he came back.

I'll be surprised if it's less than 2 months not factoring in getting some game time into the legs as well.

View attachment 907091

- Didn't Shane Edwards miss a large patch after hurting his hip in round 2 vs. Collingwood?

-

the media are such dumb campaigners we probably had the worst injuries in 2019 until after the bye and still had some quality out the rest of the year. our injury list around round 8 could've beaten Carlspoon on their own

Syndesmosis is the injury Jack Ross had last year and he wasn't the same player when he came back.

I'll be surprised if it's less than 2 months not factoring in getting some game time into the legs as well.
I'd rather a not the same Prestia to a kid tbh when the whips are cracking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 907091

-

2019 only Prestia and Lynch played every game.
2017, better, with Dusty , George, Cotch, Bellis, Rance, Grigg, Rioli, Grimes and Ashbury playing every game.

Games played

2017 ladder

Crows 31 (players used) Runners-up
Cats 36
Tiges 38 Premiers
GSW 37
Port 35
Syd 35
Ess 36
WC 34

2919 ladder

Cats 34
Bris 35
Tiges 39 premiers
Pies 36
WC 34
GWS 38 runners-up
Dogs 34
Ess 38

Both premiership years we had the top eights highest player turnover numbers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back