PS4 The Last of Us Part II - PS5 Remaster coming Jan 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry for being a dummy, but I'm a little confused and apprehensive lol.

So I have a save game called "complete" (assuming you've got the same thing). If I think I've missed something in say, Seattle Day 2, what is the best thing to do
If you've got a recently finished game and haven't started another play through you can go into chapter select and you can see which areas you've missed collectibles in, however once you start from x point anything further in the game will no longer be accessible until you reach that point again.

Collectibles are tied to your psn profile, so it doesnt matter if youre playing on new game plus or an entirely new game all collectibles you've collected are tied.

So due to the quite frankly dumb save system, make a manual save at the start of final chapter of the game and use that as an "anchor". Load that save up go into chapter select and pick the chapter you want to complete, collect everything for that chapter and then load your "anchor" save file and repeat for the rest of the chapters.

Apparently Laura Bailey (voice actress for Abby) is getting death threats

Really? these people are *ingg scum
not just her. Neil and Halley and a bunch of others at ND are also getting them.

Wish people were held accountable for what they say on social media.

not just her. Neil and Halley and a bunch of others at ND are also getting them.

Wish people were held accountable for what they say on social media.

Yeah agree.

I can understand fans not liking the game,characters etc but to attack people who worked on the game with death threats and abuse is not right and makes me angry.

Last edited:
Finished it last night.

Maybe the most visceral gaming experience I've ever had. It's complicated, messy and not without its criticism. But man, it ******* stays with you. I'm not sure you can ask too much more of a video game than that.

The HBO series has the potential to be incredible.

On the criticism, I've only just started to engage with it and so far a lot of what I've seen is pretty much the fanboi *boy culture which I am in no way interested to listen to - had the misfortune of watching one video from some streamer where he lamented why Joel couldn't have a heroic death trying save Ellie at the end of the game. Bitch, please.

But on Abby...it seems that some either hated her completely, or took a long ass time to empathise with and I just never had that problem. Yes, I loved Joel and the whole scene in the Chalet was shocking and confusing and left me loss for words but they never made Abby or the group to be some deranged monsters, there was always something there. And yes, playing her after the theatre is jarring but as soon as you knew who she was, I got it. To the point where I would say I was more invested in the Abby/Lev/Yara journey than Ellie's - that is right up until the final Joel & Ellie scene.

Some other random things:
- Not sure Tommy needed all that plot armor? Maria could have told Ellie where to find Abby and I don't think that scene loses any of its urgency.​
- Enjoyed the Santa Barbara setting, less enamoured with the Rattlers. Probably was just too exhausted at that point to be introducing a new faction.​
- I wish I didn't feel the need to search every store, every room. I did manage to upgrade most of the skills and weapons, but I def didn't need to. That's probably more of a me problem.​

Ellie's immunity not being brought up as a means for a cure was curious I thought (or maybe I'm missing something?). It doesn't really go beyond her telling Dina and I wonder if there's an alternate timeline where Ellie jumps on that boat with Abby and Lev to the Fireflies...or maybe that's what a Part III is for.

Some of these comments are just outright disgusting, sadly we live in an outraged world at the moment where people think it’s OK to act of write s**t like this. It is NOT! Bunch of spoiled entitled brats!

I‘m currently playing the game and am halfway through it and I don’t find anything offensive or divisive. I’ll share my thoughts once I finish the game but so far I’m enjoying It.

Do not let comments or posts like the above distract you from purchasing the game. Draw you own opinion and conclusion Like you should on anything in life. Don’t be a sheep!

/rant

Last edited:
7/10 is what I initially gave it. Thinking on it for a week now, I'm dropping it to a 6/10. I don't like sharing the isle with some others who disliked the game. They seem to be focusing on the wrong things and making it political. There is no doubt a bit of an agenda being pushed here, and maybe 5 years ago I would have got wrapped up in that anti sjw aspect of it, but I honestly think the lgbt stuff was handled really well and I think the representation is a good thing. It has nothing to do with why I didn't enjoy it as a sequel. I can understand why it's rated anywhere from a 4/10 to a 9/10.

Lev discussion:

Thought Lev was a chick for the most part until he was referred to as a 'he' in dialogue.

Pretty sure Lev is biologically a female (“Lily”) who identifies as a boy, hence why she shaved her head, took a new name and was condemned by her mother for it.

7/10 is what I initially gave it. Thinking on it for a week now, I'm dropping it to a 6/10. I don't like sharing the isle with some others who disliked the game. They seem to be focusing on the wrong things and making it political. There is no doubt a bit of an agenda being pushed here, and maybe 5 years ago I would have got wrapped up in that anti sjw aspect of it, but I honestly think the lgbt stuff was handled really well and I think the representation is a good thing. It has nothing to do with why I didn't enjoy it as a sequel. I can understand why it's rated anywhere from a 4/10 to a 9/10.

Druckmann is a master of subtlety, and I think he/ND handled the LGBT themes really well. I certainly hate virtue signalling themes being shoved down my throat, but this game didn’t do that. I thought it was terrific, though not as perfect as the first game. Some moments dragged on and a few flashbacks were annoying because I just wanted to get on with the game, but I definitely don’t hate it.

Lev discussion:

Pretty sure Lev is biologically a female (“Lily”) who identifies as a boy, hence why she shaved her head, took a new name and was condemned by her mother for it.

yep

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lev discussion:

I was replaying the bit from the E3 demo. where you encounter the seraphites at the parking lot. and a couple of them were talking to eachother and it was something like "Did you what Lily did, i feel sorry for their mother"

Some of these comments are just outright disgusting, sadly we live in an outraged world at the moment where people think it’s OK to act of write sh*t like this. It is NOT! Bunch of spoiled entitled brats!

I‘m currently playing the game and am halfway through it and I don’t find anything offensive or divisive. I’ll share my thoughts once I finish the game but so far I’m enjoying It.

Do not let comments or posts like the above distract you from purchasing the game. Draw you own opinion and conclusion Like you should on anything in life. Don’t be a sheep!

/rant

Almost ironic - and sad - considering the game itself is about empathy. Although I guess it isn't shocking that this is the reaction from the people who lack that in real life.

finished it today.
holy hell what a damn ride.
absolutely loved it.

did feel a bit like a chore to play abby's chapters at first, but grew on me eventually ( same with the actual character)

as for all the death threats and stupid s**t on the internet. man there are some idiots out there.

Almost ironic - and sad - considering the game itself is about empathy. Although I guess it isn't shocking that this is the reaction from the people who lack that in real life.

I don't like this game at all but the way some of the basement gamers are using the contentious nature of this game to air their hate and bigotry have been disgusting

Apparently Laura Bailey (voice actress for Abby) is getting death threats

Really? these people are *ingg scum

s**t like that honestly makes me lose faith in society. I've genuinely noticed an improvement in my mental health once I stopped looking at that rubbish. I genuinely don't understand what goes through those peoples heads.

On another note, I finished the game over a week ago and I still can't stop thinking about it. The more I think about it the more I like it. But there's also some things in frustrated about it. Whole game spoilers to follow.

I read an interview with The writers where they said that the game initially opened with the dance where Ellie and Dina first kissed. And there were some playable parts where you could make drinks and talk to townsfolk too. I would've liked this to be included as I kind of felt we came in at an odd time in the relationship. But I can see why they moved it and cut that playable part as it would've been a slow opening.

On another note, Abby's day one was probably the low light, up until we met Yara and Lev. The bit walking around the stadium really dragged for me and I would've made that a lot shorter.

I also don't think we got enough background on the Seraphites. Isaac was also introduced and then never came back on screen which I felt was odd.

I also wish we got a bit more time with Ellie and Dina on the farm, but that might just be me because I know others have said that bit was a bit slow.

Overall though I loved the game. A worthy sequel and I hope we get a part 3

sh*t like that honestly makes me lose faith in society. I've genuinely noticed an improvement in my mental health once I stopped looking at that rubbish. I genuinely don't understand what goes through those peoples heads.

On another note, I finished the game over a week ago and I still can't stop thinking about it. The more I think about it the more I like it. But there's also some things in frustrated about it. Whole game spoilers to follow.

I read an interview with The writers where they said that the game initially opened with the dance where Ellie and Dina first kissed. And there were some playable parts where you could make drinks and talk to townsfolk too. I would've liked this to be included as I kind of felt we came in at an odd time in the relationship. But I can see why they moved it and cut that playable part as it would've been a slow opening.

On another note, Abby's day one was probably the low light, up until we met Yara and Lev. The bit walking around the stadium really dragged for me and I would've made that a lot shorter.

I also don't think we got enough background on the Seraphites. Isaac was also introduced and then never came back on screen which I felt was odd.

I also wish we got a bit more time with Ellie and Dina on the farm, but that might just be me because I know others have said that bit was a bit slow.

I started again yesterday and I am up to Seattle Day 1 - just got to the gates and have just come out of the Synagogue.

But to this point, I've noticed a few things on my second playthrough

It only dawned on me when Seth apologised to Ellie - on the second playthrough - that the dance at the end of the game was pre intro. (I mean, obviously, but you know)

When Joel and Tommy introduce themselves, you see Abby's face scrawl up in disbelief and anger as the penny drops when she knows who they are. Additionally, when they're all in the house and they introduce themselves, you see the tension in the other characters rise, all before the s**t goes down.

I didn't enjoy Abby's parts in the aquarium, thought that dragged a lot, and the house part too. That went too long, but it was too important contextually to rush through.

I'm sure there are more things I'll pick up on as I progress, but these are what I've noticed so far.

I don't like this game at all but the way some of the basement gamers are using the contentious nature of this game to air their hate and bigotry have been disgusting
How can you not like the game? I can understand not liking the story but the gameplay is phenomenal.

sh*t like that honestly makes me lose faith in society. I've genuinely noticed an improvement in my mental health once I stopped looking at that rubbish. I genuinely don't understand what goes through those peoples heads.

Seraphites should of been expanded on, at one stage there was plans for 5 days each with Ellie getting shipwrecked on the island
the idea of the dance playable is cool. but then the intro would of been too long, unless it was played as a flashback later in the game. and likely cut when they moved from 5 days to 3.
The Guitar strings flashback was originally going to see Joels girlfriend. but that was cut. so was a note from her in Joels house.
One of the interviews they said Isaac was a Firefly who knew Abby's father and thats how the group ended up in Seattle. but Yeah i think he was underused. Just seen twice and a bunch of letters. Might of been hard to get Jeffery Wright in for Mocap and ADR.

I do feel like Abby day 1 could of moved faster. like cut out the superstore thing and have them attacked and crash into the train yead/petrol station and then get rescued quicker. but the exposition from Mel about the Seraphites would need to be moved somewhere because that is kinda needed. But i dont think anything at the stadium could of been cut since its showing that they are not just a group of hunters or whatever.

Would of loved more time on the farm. there was a thing of Ellie hunting and killing a bore which triggered a PTSD moment that got cut and moved to a journal note.
And and alt ending that was written where Ellie picked up JJ's toy before she left.

One of the other storys was an alt version of why Abby wanted revenge which was Joel and Tommy robbed her group and killed a bunch of them.

How can you not like the game? I can understand not liking the story but the gameplay is phenomenal.
I get the sense that most people who didnt like the game it fell apart early in the 2nd half. If you dont start to like/care/understand Abby around where she starts to open up/change with the saving of Yara and Lev the game falls apart.
Some people will never forgive or give Abby a chance.

I dont forgive her but understand and did come to like playing as her. Its also not by mistake that she plays more like Joel and Lev is a surrogate Ellie to kinda remind people of the journey from the first game. Who is struggling with some of the same emotions as Ellie is in this game but further along.

But others were shitting on the game when it was revealed that Ellie is still gay. and others never wanted to give the game a chance after reading leaks and refusing to accept that there is context around the actions

I get a lot of people genuinely may not have liked the game, it happens, but I also think way too many people love to be outraged and tell everyone about it. Is sometimes more fun to complain and be outraged I guess. Plus if something does not pan out like you wanted it to, it means it must be s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back