Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Burgoyne has been a shining light when the team is at its worst - he is almost double the age of some of our players and he throws himself into contests bravely, and wills things to happen - with the skill to pull it off. Time and time again he is clutch and delivers something special when we're hanging in the balance, never mind that he is also completely dependable, like Cyril you take for granted that he wins most 1v1s, and a good chunk of 2v1s...

Any 'errors' or 'decline' this year I think should be taken with a grain of salt, maybe he's not posting the same number of possessions this year, but look at our other mids trucking along with pitiful numbers. I'd rather 10 Burgoyne touches than 20 Shiels ones. Our system is gravely broken at the moment, and it's hard for Burgoyne (or others!) to flourish if there's no targets to kick to etc.

If his body is up to it, I wouldn't hesitate to go another year, he's not in our bottom six, and when the game is flowing he still adds class like few on our list can.

He's a shadow of his former self, although still serviceable, which sadly speaks volumes of our list.

He's a shadow of his former self, although still serviceable, which sadly speaks volumes of our list.
Name one player at Burgoyne’s age that isn’t a shadow of there former self. The important thing to remember with him though is that he is still a bloody good player. No he’s not going to be great every game from here on out but he’s by no means a liability out there. If we had more of our guys playing like he does (yes even at his age now) then I wouldn’t be complaining.

He's still good enough to be playing though.

Sure he's not at his peak but he's still in the 22 on merit

Shocking... coach who has HTB policed differently to everyone in the AFL, who has also won a premiership built off a game plan around disposing of the ball like this doesn’t want a crack down on it.

And wants to talk about integrity

CB3443CD-64B3-400A-8C75-5E9CAFA01D46.jpeg

Shocking... coach who has HTB policed differently to everyone in the AFL, who has also won a premiership built off a game plan around disposing of the ball like this doesn’t want a crack down on it.

And wants to talk about integrity

View attachment 908748
"How dare you enforce the rules as they are written in the rule book after your failure to do so allowed me to coach my club to a flag on the back of it!"

Also LOL at "Kane Cornes liked". Of course he did.

Their value is very low when their first instinct is to handball to a man under pressure, even more so when its their brother.

Adelaide looked better than Freo in the third quarter, and that was the quarter that had Crouch x2 playing minimal time in the middle, Sloane on the wing and Walker on the bench.

Sloane, although injured, is falling off a cliff at the same speed Jordan Lewis did.
He's about as quick as him this season as well

They really need to do something. Letting Greenwood go was a horrific mistake. They may as well put Gibbs back in, move Laird maybe to the middle, their entry passing was shithouse. I dobt blame Tex at all for the current woes. They let a inexperienced freo team rally behind a bunch of 20 year olds putting their foot down on them. It wasnt walters/mundy doing the heavy lifting. It was Bradshaw/Cerra. Teenagers. Pretty good teenagers but

Does anyone have video highlights of all the throwing the ball instances that weren't called in that final against the dogs in 2016 ? I would love to post that..

Bevo has a go at Clarko
He went whack to Bevo on regarding that 2016 final as he should of. They got away with blatant throws and incorrect disposal all night. Bevo trying to dismiss the fact his team benefits the most from the current interpretation more than everyone else. Take your blinkers off pal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like the TigerS have put the cue in the rack for the number one pick. Clever by them them in a nothing season.

From premier to wooden spoon? Has it happened before?

Btw I disagree with the nothing season remark. I'm super grateful that we have footy games live on tv especially during this stage 3 restrictions. Looks like vaccine is still 1-2 years away, so if anything this season is a precursor for the next few seasons anyway.

Gary Rohan going the tonk. One report and I reckon there's another shoulder to the head of a Lion's player after that that will get looked at too. My heart burns that the Cats might be down to only two on the bench as well. Narkle and Duncan done. Brisabnae need to nail their opportunities.

And then Rohan takes out the legs of a player - the very rule brought in because of his own broken leg but isn't pinged. He's taken the angry pills tonight.

Last edited:
Geelog players in absolute disbelief that frees are going against them! Poor little Gaz had an eternity to dispose of the ball and then just dropped it.
I love how just about every contest they give up and throw their hands up whilst looking at the umpire. If I was the coach it’d drive me nuts, but I guess it’s probably a learnt behavior directly from their coach

Great players but I’d be embarrassed by Selwood, Danger and Abletts continual appealing and complaining if they were ours. Never explain, never complain

Tuohy runs full pelt, shoulder first thru a lions player (McLuggage) who has head over the ball and Tuohy had no eyes for the ball at all. Looks like McLuggage might be done for the night too. Yes, I'm much biased against the felines but gee they sh*t me.

Am I the only one that thinks Geelong is by far the team that appeals for frees the most?? Every stoppage theres 12 cats player with arms in the air appealing
I’m convinced that not only are they coached to do it but that actually practice it in training.

They really should be at least 4 goals down. If you match their physicality which the Lions are at present you can expose them. Keep Selwood and Danger from having a meaningful influence this 2nd half the Lions should win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back