Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus has this guy got an issue with the great man.

Still stick to my mantra re:- Barrett.

Oh better not upset little snookums Hawkie McHawk - probably Barrett's Lover.

View attachment 909387
Yes Barrett is a complete oxygen thief, but bringing hawkie mchawk hawk back into this just inflames an already tenuous situation. Focus on barrett's ineptitude and leave your banter buddy out of it.

From premier to wooden spoon? Has it happened before?

Btw I disagree with the nothing season remark. I'm super grateful that we have footy games live on tv especially during this stage 3 restrictions. Looks like vaccine is still 1-2 years away, so if anything this season is a precursor for the next few seasons anyway.

My post probably came across as a bit insensitive. Love having the game back. I suppose my feelings about the season being at bit 'meh' was based on a these observations:

Reigning premiers appearing apathetic (not aimed at the new parents by the way)
Some lingering doubts in the various states as to whether the season will even get completed due to Covid19
Lack of development opportunity for our kids coming through
No junior football compromising the draft significantly
Shortened quarters detracting from the overall game and our teams game structures
Inability for the HFC to play to its strengths at the MCG or in Tassie.
Holding the ball fiasco which cannot be described any other way combined with some commentators inability to report objectively, as opposed to taking pot shots at our club
Harry Jones getting one game then omitted?
No crowds
Unable to watch live

Finally, I am concerned about the stress toll this may have on Clarko. I really hope this does not contribute to shortening his coaching career in any way.

Personally, I am struggling to find heap of enthusiasm for the season but we are all different and have different circumstances. Really looking forward to seeing Day and Morris tonight. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pretty sure the 7 premiership thing was when Birch and Selwood were exchanging pleasantries (and cheap shots)...

Selwood trying to milk another free kick reversal. Selwood and Danger are a disgrace the way they sook and carry on.

Jeez Selwood was good though - no idea WTF Bruce was on about when he said Selwood would not be in the best - he was awesome. Cheating campaigner

Jesus has this guy got an issue with the great man.

Still stick to my mantra re:- Barrett.

Oh better not upset little snookums Hawkie McHawk - probably Barrett's Lover.

View attachment 909387

And then the flognuts follows up with is crap;

Note; i don't usually pay much attention to these * wit jornos (ISO boredom) but really, a double wack?
1594348708331.png

Note; i don't usually pay much attention to these fu** wit jornos (ISO boredom) but really, a double wack?
View attachment 909484
Hasn't had anything to say about us for a few weeks now so has instead attacked Clarko for his "sook" repeatedly. I like Barrett sometimes but jeez he makes it hard sometimes.

Hasn't had anything to say about us for a few weeks now so has instead attacked Clarko for his "sook" repeatedly. I like Barrett sometimes but jeez he makes it hard sometimes.
I can't fathom how someone can like Barrett ever let alone sometimes???

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

View attachment 909445

Note; i don't usually pay much attention to these fu** wit jornos (ISO boredom) but really, a double wack?
View attachment 909484

If he truely believes the words coming out of his own mouth then I've lost all respect for Bevo. I'm not saying he owes Clarko anything but the least the guy can do is show him a little more respect. One must only tune into any of his pressos to see that Bevo is the biggest whinger out and if he had half the amount of class that Clarko did then maybe his opinion would matter more than it does. Unfortunately I think someone has forgotten where his coaching career took off and its a shame cause I used to like him.

Sorry but the picture is a little bit outdated with Bolts back at Hawthorn and I'm not sure where Rath is atm.

CLARKOs CLUSTER.jpg

View attachment 909445

If he truely believes the words coming out of his own mouth then I've lost all respect for Bevo. I'm not saying he owes Clarko anything but the least the guy can do is show him a little more respect. One must only tune into any of his pressos to see that Bevo is the biggest whinger out and if he had half the amount of class that Clarko did then maybe his opinion would matter more than it does. Unfortunately I think someone has forgotten where his coaching career took off and its a shame cause I used to like him.

Sorry but the picture is a little bit outdated with Bolts back at Hawthorn and I'm not sure where Rath is atm.

View attachment 909517

Dogs won a premiership with their version of the "accidental spill" aka "throw"

Never bet against self-interest

View attachment 909445

View attachment 909517
Rath
After a stint at the AFL headquarters ( style and aesthetics ) helping SHocking, he has moved to the Saints as head of football program.

Watching the game currently, and both ruckmen have held, blocked and grabbed at every ball up. Cegs must be scratching his heads as both are doing gnore than he did against Goldstein and not one free has been paid and rightly so.
Appeared to me Goldstein wasn't blocking or grappling Cegs. That's why it was so obvious.

Appeared to me Goldstein wasn't blocking or grappling Cegs. That's why it was so obvious.
If you don't mind an opinion of someone who played ruck in some capacity for most of my football life. Cegs biggest problem is that he is way to focused on the opposition ruckman, looking at, wanting to take away their space or just feeling for body contact, that for all and sundry, including the umps that the ball doesn't seem his first priority. If that is his go and from what I have seen it is then he needs to disguise it better. He actually has a good boundary throw in technique but the good rucks know that he will fall for tricks to give up frees should they be out pointed. Think of a forward that is in front and on the ball drop early, they will reach back with one arm to fend off the backman and in most cases the backman will instinctively grab that arm. In johns case he will be in prime position where all he has to do is just look at and play the ball but instead he will only halve his chance by engaging the other ruckman in an arm wrestle or show of strength.
In a way I'm saying that he is smart enough to get into good positions but not smart enough to make the most of it. Could really fill a page with this because there is reason why most rucks get better with age and that's because there is so much to learn about the craft and you only stop learning when you can't keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back