Reilly O'Brien: Nicnat lazy and unfit, I'll have a field day

Remove this Banner Ad

Your stupid comments are laughable, Naitanui did exactly what he was ment to do, you sound like an unoriginal recording of what some commentators used to say until they realised they were being morons.

Which comments? Quote them and explain to me. I'm starting to think you like to generalise in order to attack and are incapable of reasoned debate.

Did I have a go at NicNat? I merely suggested that O'Brien's notes about being able to play off NicNat seemed to have some validity to them as he did well when he did that. I acknowledged that NicNat smashed him in the ruck.

I argued that 17 minutes into the 3rd quarter with a 5 goal lead is no time to go into cruise control and thus O'Brien getting just over half of his possessions after this time, does not make them junk stats.

Exactly what did I say that was laughable, and what points make me sound like a moron commentator?

Don't just say it, it's a discussion forum. If you want to go hard at someone, justify it.

Naitanui has weaknesses

O'Briens game today was over rated by stat padding in the last to make him seem like he was effective today.

Those statements aren't mutually exclusive.

O'Briens pre game hype was how he was going to out work Naitanui all game today, reality is he didn't. For three quarters O'Brien was ineffective both in the ruck and around the ground and his last quarter junk time covered up a lot of his flaws.
He said he'd run Nick Nat off his feet and that's what he did. You to admire a four quarter effort even when losing. Would have been easy to throw in the towel.

Shame so many made a big deal out of this tweet as I would LOOOOVE to see more trash talk in AFL.

The players have so much niggle and talking smack on the field not sure why we can't have that going on during the week to make the AFL environment more interesting.

It wasn't meant to get out, but this would happen with every player when motivating for the opposition. I felt for the guy and hoped he wouldn't get spanked and made to look like a goose. I think they both played to their strengths and he didn't come out looking stupid.

He said he'd run Nick Nat off his feet and that's what he did. You to admire a four quarter effort even when losing. Would have been easy to throw in the towel.

Not impacting the contest when the games there to be won and only trying when your team has lost the game isn't something I value personally myself, but hey you do you.

Keep checking your Fantasy app for more ground breaking footy analysis for us.

Nic beasted Reilly in the ruck today. Good on him though for picking up a few cheapies late in the game. If he works on his rucking craft, he might just make an decent enough ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The importance of Naitanui was disproven when they won a flag without him

He makes the Eagles a better team but he is not a superstar, not even close.
What would you consider Gaff? I admit Naitanui is overrated, though he is still a top 5 ruck in the league.

Shame so many made a big deal out of this tweet as I would LOOOOVE to see more trash talk in AFL.

The players have so much niggle and talking smack on the field not sure why we can't have that going on during the week to make the AFL environment more interesting.

I agree, well done all round.

Well played Nic Nat, I thought he handled it well and handing over the phone was a great idea

O'Brien is no superstar but thought he played well as there was a bit of pressure of him.

Should be more of it.

I'm not here to bag NN. I like him and think he makes his Eagles teammates stand taller.

I came here to lend some support to O'Brien who got bagged for his notes expressing an opinion that he should run off NN because he can get lazy. It could have been a disaster for O'Reilly for providing that kind of motivation, but in the end, he held his own when you weigh up everything and maybe his views on being able to play off NN had some merit.
I don’t read your posts as bagging in any way.

It’s really not a new suggestion. It’s been a common tactic to play against Nic in the last few years. Nic would already be well aware of it.

I think the term lazy & unfit is really unfair though and I think it’s what has triggered such a defence of Nic. He’s playing the role we ask him to play, and he does it well.

WC could play him for longer or send him down back, but his effectiveness is so good in those bursts that we prioritise those. He hunts the ball in the contest rather than on the outside. That suits WC more as we do struggle on the contested ball. We would prefer he uses his efforts there.

O’Brien had a great last quarter in particular and the crows looked better in the last. Just because the game was over shouldn’t diminish that, it’s a 4 quarter game.

Reilly O'Brien

Disposals before 17 minutes in the third quarter

Disposals after that when the margin had blown out to above 30 and the Eagles went into cruise cobtrol

O'Brien might want to put in more effort when the games not over to be claiming a win on work rate. No point turning up when it's decided.

at least O‘BRIEN decided to Actually turn up at some stage... unlike Nic nat

O’Brien’s disposals count at the 17 min mark is still higher than Nic nats For the whole game.

How many touches is this? How many are counted in the stats?

this is why casuals dont get him

what influential stat do you want him to receive? 6 metres gained?

if he had clean hands and handballed the ball to a teammate they would have gone inside fifty.

hes on a million bucks a year just to slap the footy around a bit?

at least O‘BRIEN decided to Actually turn up at some stage... unlike Nic nat

O’Brien’s disposals count at the 17 min mark is still higher than Nic nats For the whole game.

You do realize a ruckmans role is to wait for it.... ruck right?

Personal stats
Hitouts

Clearances

Centre clearances

Team stats
Centre clearances

In their selected roles, O'Brien was pantsed.

The obsession from people to look at possessions to judge ruck man is weird. You might as well use goals kicked to judge full backs while you are at it.

Big respect to ROB. He talked his strengths up to pump himself up and delivered in those areas.

He got pretty badly beaten in the ruck and that lead to a big Eagles win in clearances and inside 50s. But that happens when you play on NN. He still got around the ground and took some good defensive marks as the game went on, never gave up. I think they both played good games, and the sportsmanship was a nice end to a funny story.

AFL player ratings had them both in the top several players on the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back