Changes for round 7 vs Fremantle.

Remove this Banner Ad

How is Jetta going in the practice matches? Anyone know?
He didn’t play in it last week, for undisclosed but probably lizard people-related reasons. I don’t know that there was a scratch match this week, it doesn’t seem like it

Wont happen but I would love to see Jetta back in. Give him a run on the wing or seagulling around the contests.
Hes the best kick in the team, its a waste to see him dropped.

I''ve caused the biggest brain fade on BigFooty I'm so sorry that I confused Ainsworth for Brayshaw. I didn't follow the team selection closely that week, sorry about that.
Oh no, I gave you the benefit of the doubt thinking you were messing around.
Pretty sure Brayshaw will be in the "ins and outs" for the rest of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d be happy to see Jetta back in too. He’s an elite ball user.

Almost feels like Duggan has taken his role though

Cameron had a poor game, not ready yet due to the lack of a preseason, so maybe Jets could fulfil his role. I don't want to upset the backline chemistry that Cole, Nelson and Duggo have going at the moment - their last 2 weeks have been outstanding.

I’d be happy to see Jetta back in too. He’s an elite ball user.

Almost feels like Duggan has taken his role though

I wasn’t keeping stats but my recollection is Duggan’s kicking yesterday was ‘off’ - release kicks from back line were being marked by Crows on Centre line and re-entries time and time again.

Another poster on another thread counted 8 such instances - so not sure Duggan has taken Jetta’s role. He certainly brings more intensity to contest but his kicking yesterday wasn’t a strength of his.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Not too fussed with the backs.

Jetts just needs to be cherry ripe come finals. That's when he does his best work.

Happy for the younger blokes to get games at the moment.

I wasn’t keeping stats but my recollection is Duggan’s kicking yesterday was ‘off’ - release kicks from back line were being marked by Crows on Centre line and re-entries time and time again.

Another poster on another thread counted 8 such instances - so not sure Duggan has taken Jetta’s role. He certainly brings more intensity to contest but his kicking yesterday wasn’t a strength of his.

Thats standard disposal for DUGGO

Can’t say I noticed on the day, but looking at the stats he had a disposal efficiency of 64% (bottom half dozen in the team) and a game-high six clangers.

He was much better the previous week.

From memory, I didn’t think his ball use was bad at all. I recall a few long down the line relief kicks that got marked by opposition, but I thought he looked pretty solid yesterday.

it feels like Duggan has been around forever, but he’s only 23. Plenty of good footy ahead of him.
He was a positive contributor for sure but being dynamic is undermined when you turn the ball over more than 50% of the time you put it to boot.

I don't think he should be dropped or anything but it's something he needs to work on.

From memory, I didn’t think his ball use was bad at all. I recall a few long down the line relief kicks that got marked by opposition, but I thought he looked pretty solid yesterday.

it feels like Duggan has been around forever, but he’s only 23. Plenty of good footy ahead of him.
Compare this with Sheed, who was clearly the one of the worst with those blind long hack kicks... but who came out with a disp efficiency of 91% and only one recorded turnover from his disposals. The long kicks that aren't won directly are counted as effective, despite how many times it was won on the ground by the opposition afterwards.

I reckon Duggan took the good option more often than Sheed whilst I was watching, but this isn't how the stats have come out.

Compare this with Sheed, who was clearly the one of the worst with those blind long hack kicks... but who came out with a disp efficiency of 91% and only one recorded turnover from his disposals. The long kicks that aren't won directly are counted as effective, despite how many times it was won on the ground by the opposition afterwards.

I reckon Duggan took the good option more often than Sheed whilst I was watching, but this isn't how the stats have come out.

Plus, mullet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back