Prediction Future Free Agency Targets [aka the Petracca, Toby Greene & Thomas Green discussion]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I apologise for not believing your far-fetched unsubstantiated claims.
Of course it's far fetched! You're not that bright are you? The point is we are interested. How it may come about we probably will never know. Feel free to get your knickers in a knot about it though. :thumbsu:

Of course it's far fetched! You're not that bright are you? The point is we are interested. How it may come about we probably will never know. Feel free to get your knickers in a knot about it though. :thumbsu:
Because I don’t subscribe to your unsubstantiated claim (which you agreed was far-fetched), my knickers are in a knot?

Righto.

Looking more and more like we already have that extra A grade mid -Bolton
Let’s make sure others don’t come sniffin by tying him up long term.
From what I’ve seen has just about every mid covered that we are linked to.
Bolton's a different type of mid. We need another Cotch to be physical and win the ball in tight.

The draft is like a lottery this year, the most important scouting data is missing because of the lack of footy in this crucial development year.

Smart management says this is the season to offload high picks for players. Id be keen to bundle our first pick with something to get in a known young gun to challenge again in 2021. Another A grade mid would be huge.

If Higgins can learn to use the ball then he will be one who is capable of kicking 30 plus and having a direct hand in 15-25. Right now though he would be our worst user of the footy in the team by foot.

What we lack is a genuine gun outside player with a mixture of elite disposal and running ability. In saying that these type of players aren't what you break the bank for and often go missing when needed. Outside of that we need a replacement for Jack going forward as CCJ isn't a like for like and you could argue that even with Balta emergence that another KPD is needed with Astbury heading towards the end of his career.

This years draft is stacked with KPP talent although Im not sure how good they actually are given some aren't playing. I wouldn't be opposed to using the Rance money on FA mid like B.Crouch and then using our first on Jack long term replacement but our priority should be to lock Vlastuin, Balta and Bolton on long term deals before targeting players from other clubs.

Zac Williams?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bolton's a different type of mid. We need another Cotch to be physical and win the ball in tight.
Agreed but at the right price. Let’s keep all the home grown talent we rate and then see what wiggle room we have in the cap.

Re an inside beast Would love Hopper but aint going to happen. We’ll identify and target somebody that fists that role

And Toby Greene

The way Tiger71 worded it may it seem like Greene is more someone we admire and if the opportunity was there would push for rather than Greene actually being a target for this off season.

I think people are under estimating the impact B Crouch would have if we got him. He'd thrive in our system and would turn a weakness in clearances to a strength with Crouch, a fit Prestia, Dusty and now Bolton in the guts not to mention Cotchin Edwards Stack Lambert Higgins etc rotating through.

It would also allow Cotchin and Edwards to see out their careers dominsting on a half forward or half back flank.

Brad is suffering from being Matts brother. Don't get me wrong Brad disposal does leave a bit to be desired but his impact on the game in the right set up is worthy of 600-700k a year (pre covid).

Not sure about Cerra. He's done nothing so far in his career and no doubt Peter Bell will want something stupid for him.

Then again, the draft is very much a lottery this year so it's probably a good year to go for someone like Cerra.

Cerra has been far better this season after an awful second season. Only issue is he is having reasonable games and doing his bit but not someone who is standing out, which is a concern for a top 5 draft pick. He is also pushed out of the midfield rotation when Fyfe and Mundy are fit. Given our mids s**t all over freo's Im not sure whether there is a spot for him in Richmonds midfield.

The draft is like a lottery this year, the most important scouting data is missing because of the lack of footy in this crucial development year.

Smart management says this is the season to offload high picks for players. Id be keen to bundle our first pick with something to get in a known young gun to challenge again in 2021. Another A grade mid would be huge.

Could make an argument with the draft being a lottery that having a late first rounder which we likely will have could be beneficial.

Zac Williams?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right profile, but not sure he is attainable for dollars we would have to offer.

Last I read Jnr wasn't setting the world on fire.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah Maurice hasn't shown anywhere near enough to be making list decisions so that we can obtain him as a F/s. Although I do like his upside and the improvement he has shown in the last 12 months. I also don't think that Daniel would be a major factor in his decision. Ultimately I think he would want to play where his father played and he already picked Richmond when he chose to board in Melbourne rather than Perth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not saying I do or don’t want any of this to happen but when Tiger 71 says something a long way out it usually happens or the club are trying to make it happen. Happy to hear we could be trading with Adelaide as they are decent to trade with and not ridiculous like some clubs.

If we are trading with Adelaide for Crouch or a mid that we really rate (could only be Brad or Matt Crouch) you would have to think CCJ is the one Adelaide want as I can’t see who else would have the currency to get it done that we would be prepared to lose.
Brad is a free agent though so there is the possibility we get him as a free agent and then Adelaide swap that pick (late 1st/early second) to us for CCJ and a Markov/Mcintosh type. Maybe Graham will be involved as well somehow if they are looking for leadership and someone to help build a strong culture. He might want more opportunity if he can’t get a consistent game with us.

Not saying I do or don’t want any of this to happen but when Tiger 71 says something a long way out it usually happens or the club are trying to make it happen. Happy to hear we could be trading with Adelaide as they are decent to trade with and not ridiculous like some clubs.

If we are trading with Adelaide for Crouch or a mid that we really rate (could only be Brad or Matt Crouch) you would have to think CCJ is the one Adelaide want as I can’t see who else would have the currency to get it done that we would be prepared to lose.
Brad is a free agent though so there is the possibility we get him as a free agent and then Adelaide swap that pick (late 1st/early second) to us for CCJ and a Markov/Mcintosh type. Maybe Graham will be involved as well somehow if they are looking for leadership and someone to help build a strong culture. He might want more opportunity if he can’t get a consistent game with us.
Not all that keen on B/M Crouch, and would hate to let CCJ go, he seems like one wed let go and it would come back to haunt us. Id just be looking to offload picks if possible. Graham would happily pawn off as he doesnt have a heap of improvement in him, he is what he is, just an honest battler. Dont think he would hold currency though.

Not all that keen on B/M Crouch, and would hate to let CCJ go, he seems like one wed let go and it would come back to haunt us. Id just be looking to offload picks if possible. Graham would happily pawn off as he doesnt have a heap of improvement in him, he is what he is, just an honest battler. Dont think he would hold currency though.
Graham is probably the type of player Adelaide would want. Would protect their kids in the middle while they rebuild.

Any talk of trading Coleman-Jones for B. Crouch is disturbing. Despite Reiwoldts recent revival at his age there is no absolute guarantee that he will continue next year, or if he does that he will be any good. Coleman-Jones has been groomed as his replacement, or so I thought. Moreover, didn't we splurge on midfielders last draft plus pick up Collier-Dawkins and Ross the draft before, Not saying they will all be stars or will even all make it but it's not as if we have been neglecting our midfield.

B. Crouch is not such a burning priority that we should offer up our only developing key forward, the need is not that urgent and frankly he isn't that good. And neither would I burn too much of our salary cap for him either, if will be tough enough to keep our young talent as it is with other clubs circling. Would much rather focus on locking in our young stars.

Last edited:
Seriously is this the same Brad Crouch that has played just 91 games in 8 years (11.5 games a year) 50% of the available games

And this is when he was a young bloke and he will be 27 in january, Do we really believe we could get 4-5 years from this bloke as he gets older

He will be in our Rehab group more than on the playing list.

Look for high grade young talent on the GWS / GC list

Last I read Jnr wasn't setting the world on fire.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Richmond have some many rookies and late picks. I think it can be seen that sometimes players get better later than others.

I think Jnr has shown some AFL qualities, so as he could be gotten later in the draft is a bonus

Seriously is this the same Brad Crouch that has played just 91 games in 8 years (11.5 games a year) 50% of the available games

And this is when he was a young bloke and he will be 27 in january, Do we really believe we could get 4-5 years from this bloke as he gets older

He will be in our Rehab group more than on the playing list.

Look for high grade young talent on the GWS / GC list
So perhaps that’s part of the wage negotiation. We pay low price assuming he won’t play full season? None of our older guns will either.
After ten losses I reckon Crows players would take unders to get to a winning club!

So perhaps that’s part of the wage negotiation. We pay low price assuming he won’t play full season? None of our older guns will either.
After ten losses I reckon Crows players would take unders to get to a winning club!
Is he really that good of a player that we have to facilitate all these things ?

I remember the days where we had injured players that lived in our rehab group that hardly got on the park and when they did it was for a couple of games then injured again (shaun Hampson etc)

He is Brad crouch not Patrick Cripps or Nathan Fyfe
90 games in 8 years and will only get worse with him getting older

You don’t trade for a free agent , as chopper would say, that like driving someone to hospital after you shoot them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back