Resource 2020 Draft Watch (picks 1, 9, 20, 30, 45, 50, 60, 74) - updated R17 15/9/20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exactly. Trading pick 1 requires a high price.

Would have to be Pick 3 + Top 8 in 2021 minimum

Who would be likely to have that kind of ammo? Nearly no one. Perhaps Kangaroos if they're willing to trade out this years second but they're into a rebuild so that wont happen.

Whose going to be down the bottom next year?

I can remember when we got carlton's first rounder for 19 plus our next years first, which was likely to be about 8.

I think the best you could get for our next years first rounder is 6 onwards this yr, about 8-13 ish next year (or the two years swapped around) and maybe second and third round sweeteners thrown in. Its going to be rare for a team to ever have much more draft firepower than that. Thats the best we could muster for SA trio the other year.

Horne, Murley, Draper and Roberts are all predicted to go high from SA. Strong draft year for SA.
Then there's Burgoyne, Dudley, O'Loughlin all promising too.

So far murley looks a top 10 pick next year to me. As much as i like horne i really like tylor sonsie as well, looks an absolute gun. Other player to watch our for next year is josh rachele.

Could we lure say gold coast's 6 this year, plus their first rounder next year, say 10-12, plus a second rounder from next year? They've already got tonnes of talent they need to play so one could argue they don't need early picks but they could potentially get a really early one next year if they're willing to forgo this years first.

Nick name horny I’m assuming
Get on the horn train!

mousse-t-horny-gif.937082

So far murley looks a top 10 pick next year to me. As much as i like horne i really like tylor sonsie as well, looks an absolute gun. Other player to watch our for next year is josh rachele.
You obviously haven't seen Ben Hobbs play?

He can’t name them all haha. A long list of potential top 10 caliber players.
I can though now you've given me the opportunity...:p

Josh Rentsch
Charlie Molan

Not top 10 but a smoky Sam Butler...plays a bit like his brother Daniel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No i havent tell me more. I have definately heard good things about him though.
Strongly built hard as nails aggressive inside bull with a developing outside game, penetrating kick and loves to lay a bone crunching tackle. He was generally Josh Rachele's partner in crime in the midfield for Vic Country at the 2019 U16 Nationals...probably 2nd best throughout the Carnival behind Rachele
1597558567267.png

Any chance of strongarming the dogs into a favorable trade by promising not to knock them out of the draft entirely by bidding on ugle-hagan?

Looking at things i am starting to think we could just go all mids this draft at pick 1, gws pick, picks 20 and the dogs pick. Maybe end up with hollands, bruhn, poulter and powell + edwards newchurch and borlace. At least it gives us a better chance of unearthing some strong mids to come next year in as we are in big trouble. And again next year take more mids with our high pick(s)

Looking at things i am starting to think we could just go all mids this draft at pick 1, gws pick, picks 20 and the dogs pick. Maybe end up with hollands, bruhn, poulter and powell + edwards newchurch and borlace. At least it gives us a better chance of unearthing some strong mids to come next year in as we are in big trouble. And again next year take more mids with our high pick(s)

That's a pretty good mix.

Is Poulter a mid though?

Plays a lot up forward for a mid...I'm starting to think people will see him more as a 3rd tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back