Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

The post you quoted literally says "over the past month"

He's averaged 23 disposals, 5 marks, 0.8 goals, 3 tackles, 3.8 inside 50's, 3.5 clearances and 2 rebound 50's a game in the last month.

Definitely a debatable pearler!
I guess him bringing it up in the AA thread is the main point.

Merrett averages 31.75 disposals, 4.25 marks, 0.25 goals, 3.75 tackles, 5.25 inside 50's, 4 clearances and 1.75 rebound 50's in that time.
Menegola averages 23.25 disposals, 4.5 marks, 0.75 goals, 2.25 tackles, 4.25 inside 50's, 3.75 clearances, 2.25 rebound 50's
Duncan averages 19.75 disposals, 6 marks, 0.75 goals, 4.75 tackles, 3.75 inside 50's, 1.25 clearances, 1.25 rebound 50's
Gaff averages 22.75 disposals, 4.25 marks, 0.25 goals, 3 tackles, 2 inside 50's, 1.25 clearances, 2.25 rebound 50's

I honestly don't understand why clearances have anything to do with being an outside mid but I added it because you did

Definitely delusional. Merrett wipes the floor with him, as does Menegola. He's around the same level as Gaff and Duncan, but he's nowhere near AA worthy

Hawthorne fan on Facebook the other day saying to trade Ceglar for Finlayson coz "GWS need a ruck as their final piece."

Reminded me of the days when they wanted to trade Poppy there for a first rounder coz GWS needed a "pressure forward" to win a flag.

Hawthorne fan on Facebook the other day saying to trade Ceglar for Finlayson coz "GWS need a ruck as their final piece."

Reminded me of the days when they wanted to trade Poppy there for a first rounder coz GWS needed a "pressure forward" to win a flag.
Facebook doesn't count. The delusional to actual good idea ratio must be 5:1.

Facebook doesn't count. The delusional to actual good idea ratio must be 5:1.
No the ratio is it just needs to be delusional. Fair point on Facebook though, could fill this thread with what's on there.

Merrett averages 31.75 disposals, 4.25 marks, 0.25 goals, 3.75 tackles, 5.25 inside 50's, 4 clearances and 1.75 rebound 50's in that time.
Menegola averages 23.25 disposals, 4.5 marks, 0.75 goals, 2.25 tackles, 4.25 inside 50's, 3.75 clearances, 2.25 rebound 50's
Duncan averages 19.75 disposals, 6 marks, 0.75 goals, 4.75 tackles, 3.75 inside 50's, 1.25 clearances, 1.25 rebound 50's
Gaff averages 22.75 disposals, 4.25 marks, 0.25 goals, 3 tackles, 2 inside 50's, 1.25 clearances, 2.25 rebound 50's

I honestly don't understand why clearances have anything to do with being an outside mid but I added it because you did

Definitely delusional. Merrett wipes the floor with him, as does Menegola. He's around the same level as Gaff and Duncan, but he's nowhere near AA worthy

So in a post that acknowledges his body of work wouldn't get him an AA jumper, he's averaging similar or better numbers than Gaff who's a dual AA player, as a 20 year old?

I feel like you've plucked a very debatable and uncontroversial post out, given the original post actively acknowledges that it's both only form over a month, and not AA worthy.

So in a post that acknowledges his body of work wouldn't get him an AA jumper, he's averaging similar or better numbers than Gaff who's a dual AA player, as a 20 year old?

I feel like you've plucked a very debatable and uncontroversial post out, given the original post actively acknowledges that it's both only form over a month, and not AA worthy.
Why bring him up in the AA thread at all? He's nowhere near it.

Which thread should he have posted that in?
One that isn't discussing the best players for the year? Or better yet, create another one to discuss his last month? There's a Bailey Smith vs Sam Walsh thread on the MB, there's the 22 under 22 thread on the MB, there's a thread talking about him without any comparisons. Discuss him in any of those rather than the one debating the best 22 and it's extended squad across the entire year.

It'd be like me saying that Kyle Langford has had a really consistent year when he wouldn't be in the top 100 players in the AFL this year.

* SAKE

One that isn't discussing the best players for the year? Or better yet, create another one to discuss his last month? There's a Bailey Smith vs Sam Walsh thread on the MB, there's the 22 under 22 thread on the MB, there's a thread talking about him without any comparisons. Discuss him in any of those rather than the one debating the best 22 and it's extended squad across the entire year.

It'd be like me saying that Kyle Langford has had a really consistent year when he wouldn't be in the top 100 players in the AFL this year.
So it is just the thread that you take issue with? That's not delusional Eth. Lore spends half her time on this board alone cleaning things up.

So it is just the thread that you take issue with? That's not delusional Eth. Lore spends half her time on this board alone cleaning things up.
It's delusional to bring up a non AA squad worthy player in the AA thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty of players have bad games and still make the team. Cripps had a few statistically horrible games last year but still made the AA team AND won the AFLPA MVP.

As I said I think he deserves to be there, but his slow start may work against him. A strong showing in the next couple of games would point him right in contention.

He'd be on par with Duncan IMO. Merrett has had a statistically good year and is great SuperCoach player but doesn't have the tenacity and toughness of Walsh. Merrett isn't dragging Essendon over the line in the same manner Walsh does. Gets lots of cheapies.

Not sure why you're including Menegola? Dominating against a hapless Essendon doesn't immediately put you in the AA bracket.
So he's ahead in some areas and behind in some areas? What a shock.

Walsh spends less time at he coalface, which is why his contested possession count is lower than someone like Merrett. In terms of being able to turn a game and willing his team over the line Walsh beats him hands down - but you can't put a stat on that. You wont see this kind of courage from Merrett:

Gun.

Now can I call him delusional, or?

They’re basically in “Ricky Dyson and a third rounder” mode.

It's not so much that they'll finish above us, that could happen. It's the "easily" and "normal season" as if their shitness this season is due to circumstances that aren't also impacting every other team.

Not sure it’s all that delusional after Sunday. :sad:

Dow and a 1st for Merrett?
I'd give it some serious thought. Would probably still want a second coming back.
Way overs
It does. It tells me they are pricks, nothing else. They do deals to win deals, that's why no one likes trading with them.
Dow and 1st for Merrett and our 2nd. We'd be pricks not to do that deal. Who doesn't want Paddy Dow except everyone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back